Pointless or The Chase - but which is better? - there's only way to find out..

2»

Comments

• zak_gzak_g Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    The Chase for me. It has a warm and cosy studio, there is good banters between Bradley and the chasers and also the questions at time can be very amusing and as others have said there is quite a varied range and the pace is just right. IMO, Pointless is just that!
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If in i usually go for the off button,the same goes for reality TV.:)
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like them both and record both or watch them on catch up. I think we should be grateful that we have these two great quiz shows when so many other quiz shows are so bad.

Agree, but it's a pity that they are both on at the same time, I always seem to forget to record the one I'm not watching!!
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch both!......... I watch The Chase and download Pointless and Doctors onto my Kindle and then watch them when I get into bed at night!......... Yeah I know!, i'm a saddo....................:D:D:D
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    The Chase. I like watching high level quizzing.

Eggheads is better than both, though.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pointless. Have never got into The Chase.
  • ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The chase very easily. It's great. But we miss the weakest link in our household.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Pointless got 3.2million viewers yesterday. The Chase got 2.2m.

So it seems like viewers prefer Pointless and think it is better.

Popularity does not equal that something is good or better. Watching the guillotine come down used to popular once too.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    DDRickyDD wrote: »
    The Chase. I like watching high level quizzing.

Eggheads is better than both, though.

Now that Daphne is gone, yes!
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both.

I watch Pointless live and then The Chase on ITV +1.
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love both, but the problem with pointless is the constant repeating of everythin, from the questions/ options to the contestants answers, to the scripted dialogue. A "repeat" drinking game would probaly result in the deaths of everyone who tried it.

The first episodes were worst. "you scored 17 points, that means 17 people said "XXX" your score is 17."
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chase for me by a mile, and if they got a presenter who could speak properly it would be even better.
  • AerrowAerrow Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Pointless is a deceptively unusual quiz which is both fairly easy and exceptionally demanding at the same time. Attempting to access that knowledge which lies right on the borders of active/passive memory is a real test which I enjoy. Additionally, there is a massive amount of judgement involved, which in its way is an equally unusual test of your knowledge. The Chase gets through a lot of questions, but the heavy multiple choice element is a bit of a bore. In the final Chase, many of the questions are answered before you get a chance to process the information, if you're not in a competitive mood. On the whole, it's a much more orthodox affair and slightly open to the idea that the whole thing can be manipulated in order to produce the right result..