Options

Just took me 15mins to put the duvet sheet on

36_Chambers36_Chambers Posts: 944
Forum Member
✭✭
Typcial bloke eh, 15 mins it took and then i was feeling proud of myself.

2 mins later the missus walks in and says why is the duvet inside out :eek:

Im thinking the design of putting a fresh duvet case on needs bringing upto date.

Comments

• Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, 15 minutes?....

Keep practicing, it will get easier.

And less of the "typical bloke", I'm a guy, and it takes a few seconds for me......:p
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time to change the man.
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a waste of precious time.
  • Options
    36_Chambers36_Chambers Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    What a waste of precious time.

I make time baby :p
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Duvet know its Christmas ?
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my household it's my OH who always has a wrestling match for ten minutes. I simply lay the cover out on the bed then take a corner of the duvet in each hand and insert them into the top corners of the cover. Next I grab the corners from the outside lift up the duvet / cover and shake so it all drops down square. Then it is just a matter of doing up the fastenings and smoothing the duvet out on the bed.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    Duvet know its Christmas ?
    :) a bandaid is better late than never
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    In my household it's my OH who always has a wrestling match for ten minutes. I simply lay the cover out on the bed then take a corner of the duvet in each hand and insert them into the top corners of the cover. Next I grab the corners from the outside lift up the duvet / cover and shake so it all drops down square. Then it is just a matter of doing up the fastenings and smoothing the duvet out on the bed.

This is exactly how I do and it takes minutes.
  • Options
    mildredhubblemildredhubble Posts: 6,447
    Forum Member

That would take forever, I turn it inside out, grab the corners and flick. Takes a minute or 2.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Im thinking the design of putting a fresh duvet case on needs bringing upto date.

There is. A duvet cover has holes at top corners nowadays. This is for you to put your fingers through the holes to hold the corners of a duvet, then shake the whole thing until the entire duvet is inside the cover.

The old-school method is turn the duvet cover inside out, then grip the corners of the cover and the duvet inside, and shake until the duvet is inside the cover. Learnt this when I was like 8. :D Definitely easier and quicker than blankets and sheets. Hated making our beds with those at school. Fold sheets with bed corners, etc. Urgh.
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Husband can put the Duvet cover on quicker than me ,I have to almost climb inside to get it in the corners :o:D
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    That would take forever, I turn it inside out, grab the corners and flick. Takes a minute or 2.

it only took her 2.05.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you should improve your time management skills.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    That's not a good method.

seems to work well enough for her, me, soulboy and jarryhack.

the inside out way doesn`t work for me, takes a lot longer and i almost have to climb in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seems to work well enough for her, me, soulboy and jarryhack.

the inside out way doesn`t work for me, takes a lot longer and i almost have to climb in.

Fair enough, but I don't understand why you need to climb in? This is how it works:

1. lay the duvet flat on bed
    2. turn the cover inside out on your arms, like you do with a jumper when reaching inside sleeves to turn it inside out.
    3. grip the top corners with your fingers inside
    4. put those corners (and your fingers) over the bottom corners of the duvet
    5. shake the whole thing whilst still gripping the corners until the entire duvet is inside the cover.

That's it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fine enough, but I don't understand why you need to climb in? This is how it works:

2. turn the cover inside out on your arms, like you do with a jumper when reaching inside sleeves to turn it inside out.
    5. shake the whole thing whilst still gripping the corners until the entire duvet is inside the cover.

That's it.

i know HOW to do it, it just doesn`t work for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I take issue with the title. It should be, how to faff about then leave your bedding in a messy heap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I take issue with the title. It should be, how to faff about then leave your bedding in a messy heap.
    we were at bed making classes together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we were at bed making classes together.

:D:D:D Tell her she exhausted me. I do the inside out method from a sitting on my arse position.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why is she calling the duvet a "comforter"? Shouldn't she be trying to put on a "comforter cover" in that sense :cool:
    cah wrote: »
    I have to almost climb inside to get it in the corners :o:D

Me too, I look like I'm dressing up early for Halloween :p
    Fair enough, but I don't understand why you need to climb in? This is how it works:

That's it.

That's exactly how I do it, and it still takes me 10 minutes. I get very frustrated when the sides seem to bunch towards the middle and I end up having to crawl into the duvet cover to flatten everything out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member

You put the corners in first, starting with the top two, then shake!

Saying that, I have to stop and rest when I do mine, it takes a lot longer than 15 mins!
    But that is because it is an electric, heated duvet, has wires, it is just heavy and makes my arms and shoulders ache when I lift it for long. Strangely enough it's only actually a 6 tog. (heat off)
  • Options
    R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would take me a lot longer than that if I had to do it myself. Flaming useless at it.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takes 10-30 seconds here, The slow part is doing the poppers up.