Options

Oscar Pistorius Bail Hearing Begins

Comments

• Options
    Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    lesleyanne wrote: »
    I'm gobsmacked! A woman calling a man names is an excuse for shooting her dead?! Good grief, I've heard it all now.

I did not say it was an excuse I said it might explain why he did it. Do you have anyother reason why you think he would have shot her?

I can only think she provoked him to the point of no return. A crime of passion.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say the police were at a disadvantage anyway, given that Oscar had his best mate, his brother, lawyer and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all, round to his house before the police got a look-in. He also removed the body from the scene, which will have obscured who knows what evidence.

Good post.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    Oscar's PR team would do well to ask Kenny Kunene and his "entourage" to stop appearing in public to support him.

I don't know anything about this chap. Can you explain what you mean by this please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    Ok lets even assume he was guilty and knew it was her in the bathroom. He could plead manslaughter as it was possible that she provoked him, people can get pushed beyond their limits. Maybe she mocked him for having no legs? Not that he really wanted to kill her but lost his mind in a moment of anger. That looks more like 2nd degree or man slaughter.

it was not like a planned killing i.e Anni Dewani case.[

In your own words...

"Oh so punish someone before he is found convicted? I cant believe the amount of prejudice against a man who has not been proven guilty. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty" Post #3136

Well Anni Dewani's case was planned. Even if they result was death, the car was planned to be high-jacked. What we dont know is if Sherin was part of this plan. I personally think he was but he is still innocent until proven. But Britain is known to harbor suspected murderers and terrorists so he is safe her guilty or not.
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know anything about this chap. Can you explain what you mean by this please.

He is supposedly a friend of Oscar and has been interviewed multiple times during this hearing. In his interviews, he appears to show complete disregard for Reeva's family. It was apparently someone from his entourage who shouted out "yes" when the magistrate delivered his verdict.

You may be able to find video footage on him via Google.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Anni Dewani's case was planned. Even if they result was death, the car was planned to be high-jacked. What we dont know is if Sherin was part of this plan. I personally think he was but he is still innocent until proven. But Britain is known to harbor suspected murderers and terrorists so he is safe her guilty or not.

Exactly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that explains it then. She might be biased like many female journalists covering this case.
    Are you alright? You've made some extraordinary posts.

Like it or not, a few people think Pistorius' story is implausible crap. Some of us stand by this opinion even after following the case closely.

Have you (and Kapell) heard of the term 'nuthuggers' before?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scumble wrote: »

Like it or not, a few people think Pistorius' story is implausible crap. Some of us stand by this opinion even after following the case closely.

Hahahahahaha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol, you're just a charmer aren't you. :D You accuse me of lying & don't apologise & then attempt to offend all women journalists by stating that they're mostly biased. Don't stop now...you're on a roll ;)

Hey! I admitted I was wrong. But you don't think the female journalists are biased against OP?

Why is that when a man does something against a woman. Most women unite and make it always Male vs Female thing but when a woman does something against a man WE DONT MAKE IT A GENDER ISSUE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    He is supposedly a friend of Oscar and has been interviewed multiple times during this hearing. In his interviews, he appears to show complete disregard for Reeva's family. It was apparently someone from his entourage who shouted out "yes" when the magistrate delivered his verdict.

You may be able to find video footage on him via Google.

Thank you. Just reading a bit of his background. I haven't watched any TV of this only followed it on online press.
  • Options
    GinaHGinaH Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the CNN site:

Roux says he might challenge some of the bail conditions, including the one that bars Pistorius from drinking alcohol.

Looks like OP wants to celebrate?
  • Options
    GinaHGinaH Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SKY have got the TV rights I believe.

OH? Where have you heard/read that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good layout of the apartment:

There wasn't even a window in the toilet or bathroom according to this 3D model!

Also, how on earth did he walk past the bed and not notice his girlfriend missing. One more thing, the neighbours report hearing shouting and screaming before and during the gunshots.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21516664
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Hahahahahaha

There must be a different meaning to nuthuggers from the one I know = tight ball cupping jeans :o
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has OP left the court yet????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Telegraph
    OscarPistorius was going to spend another night in jail because the bail office was closed - this has apparently been sorted out. BB

He has apparently now left in a truck pursued by paps.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dezire wrote: »

There wasn't even a window in the toilet or bathroom according to this 3D model!Also, how on earth did he walk past the bed and not notice his girlfriend missing. One more thing, the neighbours report hearing shouting and screaming before and during the gunshots.

There was according to the Guardian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dezire wrote: »

There wasn't even a window in the toilet or bathroom according to this 3D model!

Also, how on earth did he walk past the bed and not notice his girlfriend missing. One more thing, the neighbours report hearing shouting and screaming before and during the gunshots.

There is according to that 3 D model. If you click 2 - you see to the right that the bathroom and toilet both have windows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it really baffles me and doesn't add up why 4 shots were shot unless he intended to kill.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is according to that 3 D model. If you click 2 - you see to the right that the bathroom and toilet both have windows.

Ah OK. Why did he not just wait in the hallway, take aim and fire and have clear slight of the person he thought was an intruder. It makes no sense why you would take yourself to the danger. There was no where for the intruder to go but to the bedroom.
  • Options
    LamparillaLamparilla Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is going to be OJ Simpson all over again.

The prosecution will trash the police evidence and he'll walk.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I can't get over is how this is pretty much like a trial & many people seem to have forgotten about the victim in all this & it's not Pistorius. :mad:

I feel sorry for Reeva's family as I cannot see him being found guilty now.

Nothing will bring a dead daughter or sister back, but knowing her death was a case of mistaken identity and recklessness - albeit with underlying good intent - is surely a little more comforting than thinking she spent her last moments cowering in a bathroom trying to evade an enraged and violent boyfriend.

scumble wrote: »

This is extremely rude. Kapell and others (including myself) have stated that an emphatic judgement should not be made until all the evidence is available at the trial proper.

I would suggest that it is those who jump to judgement based on nothing more than their own perceptions of how they would act are 'nutters'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek:
    Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani Kayode has sparked outrage after blaming Reeva Steenkamp for her death saying the 'jezebel' provoked the global sporting star into a murderous rage.
    He said that the Paralympian 'was provoked into a murderous rage by his pretty little lover and that she played on his insecurities and inadequacies.'
    'In one moment of blind rage he has lost everything.. and all because of a sexy and pretty little model who the devil sent his way,' he wrote.

Source

JC almighty!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:

Source

JC almighty!!

You sound surprised Jackie...they'll all be coming out of the woodwork..."she provoked him", "crime of passion". :(
This discussion has been closed.