SIR BRUCE IS BACK! - Brucies Bandwagon Rolls On! - Will 'Brucie Bonus' Boost Ratings?

TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
Forum Member
✭✭
SIR BRUCE IS BACK! - Brucies Bandwagon Rolls On! - Will The "Brucie Bonus" Boost Ratings To Record New Highs?

The Strictly Come Dancing series 10 viewing ratings with Sir Bruce at the helm were at record highs trouncing X Factor on a regular basis.

It is widely recognized that Sir Bruce is the master of Live TV and the live TV audience. With Sir Bruce returning for series 11 in a rumored much bigger studio with a much bigger audience, will this give Sir Bruce the opportunity to show case his talents and take the Strictly Come Dancing viewer ratings to new record highs? In my opinion this is on the cards.

The Mirror 17th May 2013

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/sir-bruce-forsyth-signs-up-1894463

" Brucie bonus for Strictly: TV legend Forsyth signs up for eleventh series hosting duties, but will take more time off

Claudia Winkleman will fill in for veteran host, 85, who will miss three of the live Saturday shows "

Its great to read the support Sir Bruce has from the BBC's controller of entertainment commissioning Mark Linsey who said:

"I'm delighted Bruce is back. He's the life and soul of the Strictly party"

With Sir Bruce only set to miss 3 live shows thats a lot less than many had feared.

The other big question is whether Claudia Winkleman will be up to standing in for Sir Bruce on such a big Live Show as Strictly Come Dancing? This remains to be seen.

Comments

• kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    SIR BRUCE IS BACK! - Brucies Bandwagon Rolls On! - Will The "Brucie Bonus" Boost Ratings To Record New Highs?

With Sir Bruce only set to miss 3 live shows thats a lot less than many had feared.

I would substitute the word Hoped in place of feared! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member

No.

:D
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »

.....or even "most fervently prayed for." :D
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member

The Strictly Come Dancing series 10 viewing ratings with Sir Bruce at the helm were at record highs trouncing X Factor on a regular basis.

It is widely recognized that Sir Bruce is the master of Live TV and the live TV audience. With Sir Bruce returning for series 11 in a rumored much bigger studio with a much bigger audience, will this give Sir Bruce the opportunity to show case his talents and take the Strictly Come Dancing viewer ratings to new record highs? In my opinion this is on the cards.

The Mirror 17th May 2013

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/sir-bruce-forsyth-signs-up-1894463

" Brucie bonus for Strictly: TV legend Forsyth signs up for eleventh series hosting duties, but will take more time off

Claudia Winkleman will fill in for veteran host, 85, who will miss three of the live Saturday shows "

Its great to read the support Sir Bruce has from the BBC's controller of entertainment commissioning Mark Linsey who said:

The other big question is whether Claudia Winkleman will be up to standing in for Sir Bruce on such a big Live Show as Strictly Come Dancing? This remains to be seen.

Claudia won't be standing in for Forsyth. Tess Daly will do that and Claudia will take over from Tess - exactly as they did last year when Forsyth had a week off.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    That thread title is giving me a headache.
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    That thread title is giving me a headache.

Whatever you do, don't put this title on Bruce's autocue. The length of It would give Bruce a headache.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shouldnt have come back
    Forum Member
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Whatever you do, don't put this title on Bruce's autocue. The length of It would give Bruce a headache.

"Sir Bruce is back, Brucie's bu... ban... bandwo... AND WHAT DO POINTS MAKE? YOU DON'T GET ANYTHING FOR A PAIR IN THIS GAME! GOOD GAME! GOOD GAME! GOOD... *system malfunction*"
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to bamboozle, baffle and befuddle Bruce;
    To bamboozle, baffle and befuddle Bruce, would be nice.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know why some people give Brucie too much grief, I like him :o.And Im very happy that he is coming back :D
    Yes he can be insufferable at times and cringeworthy a lot of times :D but he is the " essence " of the show.
    And what will strictly be without Brucie's corny jokes ? And the numerous threads about how awful he is ? In some ways, He makes the show imo.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    I dont know why some people give Brucie too much grief, I like him :o.And Im very happy that he is coming back :D
    Yes he can be insufferable at times and cringeworthy a lot of times :D but he is the " essence " of the show.
    And what will strictly be without Brucie's corny jokes ? And the numerous threads about how awful he is ? In some ways, He makes the show imo.
    So the dancing's incidental and not the main point of the show?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    So the dancing's incidental and not the main point of the show?

:confused: what does it have to do with what I've just said :confused::confused:
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hi Edy, or may I call you Ed. I must say your observations are very insightful and reflect how the silent majority of the Great British Public in all probability feel.

What indeed would Strictly be without Sir Bruce at the helm, he does indeed make the show as you have so eloquently observed, without him the show could implode like a paper cup that had sunk and submerged to ten thousand feet, as the gushy girls cluck away the record viewing figures Sir Bruce has pulled in over the years.

Thank you for your very perceptive thoughts.
    Forum Member
    like a paper cup that had sunk and submerged to ten thousand feet

Oh, Terry. You have such a way with words.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

By the way Ed, ' The Essence of Strictly ' could be Sir Bruce's new cologne name if he decides to rival Mr Bekham in the fragrance market place.

If he does I'm sure he will pay you a royalty for the idea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, Terry. You have such a way with words.

Thank you for your very kind words, but in hindsight I feel that my comment lacked a little class, I should of said,

'Implode like a champaign bottle that had sunk and submerged to ten thousand feet.'
    Forum Member
    :confused: what does it have to do with what I've just said :confused::confused:

You said " he is the " essence " of the show.
    And what will strictly be without Brucie's corny jokes ? ...... In some ways, He makes the show imo."

You made no mention of the DANCING. Sounds like you think the show would still be great without the purpose of the title "Strictly Come Dancing."

And for some of the gushing comments here I'd like the sick bucket next please.
    Forum Member
    By the way Ed, ' The Essence of Strictly ' could be Sir Bruce's new cologne name if he decides to rival Mr Bekham in the fragrance market place.

Not 'Must & Wig Glue'?
  • pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not 'Must & Wig Glue'?

Start the music and enjoy the music/dance mixture that makes the show worldwide and to hell with appraising an over the top old man who was never more than a presenter

Start the music and lets see what you've got
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Implode like a champaign bottle that had sunk and submerged to ten thousand feet.'
    Ten thousand feet is two miles down, with water pressure amounting to 300 times atmospheric pressure. Champagne bottle and cork are designed to contain 6 times atmospheric pressure not 300-fold, so there is no contest between the two.

When nature wants to crush an object it will find the weakest point. Just as a champagne bottle will blow out the cork before shattering the bottle glass, so sea water will force a way in through the cork not the glass walls.

As Sir Bruce and Terry might say,

"Nice to drink champagne without sea water,
    to drink champage without sea water nice." ;)
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, although at one time Bruce might have been described as the "essence" of his many shows in the past, now I find his performances are a bit "rank."
    A few with their "rose tinted glasses" on here, keep forgetting that he wasn't missed on the programme when he was absent one Saturday night and the ratings actually increased.
    No wonder he hurried back the following week, when he realised how little his absence made to viewers' enjoyment of the show.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Lindsey’s produced a glaringly obvious vote of confidence in Brucie and couldn’t possibly have made it clearer that Brucie is surrounded by approbation

Always good news hearing Brucie’s hosting again and even better to have it confirmed in such a succinct and eloquent way. It's raining here again today :( but Brucie brings sunny skies of publicity to SCD :D and he's done it yet again way before the show airs.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly for Bruce this will all end in tears. He should have bowed out gracefully but his over-weening vanity got the better of him. Expect major embarrassment and don't be surprised if Brucie doesn't make it to the end. :eek:
    Forum Member
    Sadly for Bruce this will all end in tears. He should have bowed out gracefully but his over-weening vanity got the better of him. Expect major embarrassment and don't be surprised if Brucie doesn't make it to the end. :eek:
    Or maybe even the beginning :o
This discussion has been closed.