The Face

13»

Comments

• bleary_eyedbleary_eyed Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that BINTM is a rival show to The Face, I doubt very much whether it's true.
  • riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Thanks. I watched some of that but quickly got bored of Tyra's ranting. Neither came across very well in my opinion. Naomi looked frosty and did little to address accusations that she is a bit of a bully and always creates an atmosphere. Tyra came across as completely self-absorbed and as someone who really should get over a lot of things. What a pair!

Tell me about it!

I watched all three parts the other day and there is a bit where Naomi is on about going to rehab and substance abuse and Tyra keep bringing up "when she was 17 and she went to paris blah blah blah":rolleyes:

Back to this cycle, the right person won, but I was hoping Cory would be part of the final runway (I know he was but as a finalist). For me there was no way Marvin could win with Jourdan winning so many FCO's.
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naomi said during an interview on Radio 1 that she asked Kate Moss to be a mentor for Season 2! That would be so cool! But I wonder who would get axed :confused: Probably Erin. At least Caroline picked a decent team and is competitive.
    Given that BINTM is a rival show to The Face, I doubt very much whether it's true.

BINTM got cancelled after the most recent season finished airing. SkyLiving are relying on The Face to be their stand-out modelling show I think.

Plus, they wouldn't be rivals since they were on the same channel and air at different times. That's like saying The Voice and Strictly Come Dancing are rivals to each other.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naomi is the exec producer so she'll be back. And will win again.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I cant believe
    Emma won! She did well this week but I thought Eleanor had it in the bag! I was shocked when Nadine got sent home instead of Eliane but I was rooting for Eliane to be a surprise winner

I hope the mentors stay the same next season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    This show became compulsive viewing. I've never seen ANTM or any of these kinds of shows so once I got over the initial humour of the girls talking about how hard it was to walk or jump or smile or other mundane tasks I became engrossed in their world.

Thoughts about the final girls in spoilers:
    I came to love Racquel. The show needed her; a pantomime villain to begin with, she's got a good shot at being a personality in the modelling/entertainment world. Really stunning pictures every week too.

The first girl eliminated (Erin's girl, can't remember her name) and Sienna never really made an impression on me. Sienna was quite pretty but never really wowed. The other girl only stood out because of how little she stood out.

I was surprised to see Emma win. I did like her throughout but never expected her to win. Didn't think much of the end result, but congrats to her.

I thought for sure Elanor would walk it, she's got that beautiful blandness that make-up advert models always have. When the final clients were building up the reveal it sounded like they were definitely going to say her name.

Oh my, Elianne. I loved her from the start and I can't believe she got to the finals. Bless her, she may be a few sandwiches short of a picnic but she was always so sweet and tried her hardest. I found her personality so endearing. Surprisingly she became pretty good in the final few weeks. Of all the girls I thought she had the most unique interesting look, and her pictures were usually beautiful.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm not going to use spoilers because the show has aired.

Emma won, I knew she would after Nadine fluffed the advert up. Emma had it in the bag then and in my view she was the right winner. She does come across as a bit of a bitch and a Diva in the making which probably means that she will go far! It hasn't stopped her mentor.

Elinor was given an awful dress to wear during the catwalk which didn't help her.

Elianne was really good and improved so much. She does have a memorable face so I hope she does well.

Overall I really enjoyed the series and thought the standard was much higher than it has been on cycles of BINTM. It would be great if Kate Moss came on board but I doubt if she will.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree Emma had it in the bag, I was actually quite surprised, I thought Elianne would of won as she had something special and stood out.

Kate would be awesome for next series, hope Caroline stays though
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching the new US version of this? I've only just started watching this week so have missed a fair few episodes.

I cannot get over how skeletal Coco (the mentor) is. Even in her face, it almost seems hollow. I find her quite scary looking, not in a good way. She is far far far too thin. Anyway sorry slight whinge!

Anyone else watching?
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ratty0 wrote: »
    Anyone watching the new US version of this? I've only just started watching this week so have missed a fair few episodes.

I cannot get over how skeletal Coco (the mentor) is. Even in her face, it almost seems hollow. I find her quite scary looking, not in a good way. She is far far far too thin. Anyway sorry slight whinge!

Anyone else watching?

I watched it all on my laptop each week as it was airing the US :p Don't really think it's worth watching again. The Face UK was much much better. But the US version had more drama so idk...
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ratty0 wrote: »

Anyone else watching?

I agree with you about Coco, she looks like she has an eating disorder.