Options

Britney Spears down to 25 on uk midweek Chart!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
Forum Member
✭✭
This is such a disappointment! It will be in the papers of how much it flopped it's actually embarrassing!!

However I shouldn't care about numbers and charts and just enjoy the music, considering Britney clearly doesn't... ey maybe this is what she needs a kick up the butt maybe....

Comments

• Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    If she had promoted on the same level and Gaga and Miley and this was her debut then yeah i would be sad but Im a big Britney fan but she has done nothing to promote this album no performances whatsoever so its expected. I like the album but do i think its her best no… Will.I.Am ruined this record Imo :/

Britney has this made this album for the fans she doesn't care about sales or chart numbers and with the way her past 2 era's went Britney is clearly done with the music world :(
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    britney :cry:
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    What's the problem? As long as you enjoy what's she's doing, why should it matter where she is in the charts?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really enjoying the album thus far. I absolutely LOVE Alien and Don't Cry.

I doubt she really cares about sales considering she doesn't bother to promote as she did back in the In The Zone days. I guess it's a case of been there done that for her when it comes to crazy scheduling etc.

With her huge back catalogue she's got nothing to prove.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying the album thus far. I absolutely LOVE Alien and Don't Cry.

I doubt she really cares about sales considering she doesn't bother to promote as she did back in the In The Zone days. I guess it's a case of been there done that for her when it comes to crazy scheduling etc.

With her huge back catalogue she's got nothing to prove.

In The Zone only made #14!
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know of people who have said they didn't even know she had a new album out . She clearly does not give a s*it about her uk fans anymore all she wants to do is retire.

I'm a huge fan but she is making me extremely angry with this comeback .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    In The Zone only made #14!

..and sold billions, and had two no1 singles and a no'2 bla bla bla. Get my point??
  • Options
    RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »

Britney has this made this album for the fans she doesn't care about sales or chart numbers and with the way her past 2 era's went Britney is clearly done with the music world :(

I think it may be the other way round...;)
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spears is a joke.
    Grab the Vegas money and do the decent thing and retire.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This reminds me of Lotus this time last year...
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not surprising when she hasn't promoted it.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brinty, you betta werk, b*tch!
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has she even performed once? She cant rely on her LIVE vocals
  • Options
    madiain28madiain28 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please stop with the she doesn't care about sales and she did it for the fans. Of course she cares about sales and so does her record company but more so so does Planet Hollywood. The most interesting thing is the decline in female pop culture. Lady Gaga , Madonna, Britney have all suffered huge decline in sales. Even Katy Perry and Miley hardly have had recent record sales that are truly excellent or groundbreaking. Mariah Carey, Christina the list goes on and on in the downfall of current female artists. for some reason the females appear to be suffering the most with lack of buyers both fans and casual market sales. Usually the Christmas season garunteed big sakes however it appears the opposite at the moment. Even Leona Lewis that you knew would not achieve number 1 but given it was a Christmas album I thought it would at least be Top10 but again really poor sales. The excuses fans appear to be giving are getting ridiculous lack of promo it's a fan album, it's Christmas and the sales won't pick up as no one plays Xmas music till next week. For some reason 2013 has Been a really poor year for female artists. Whilst i can see the Hype Gaga created was always doomed for failure it's alarming that female artists seem to be struggling the most.
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney, who?
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    Has she even performed once? She cant rely on her LIVE vocals

Nope not once. I guess she's saving the live performances for Vegas.
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    Britney, who?

it's britney bitch
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    Even though the album reviews are terrible, you would have thought she'd have charted higher if she actually bothered to promote it!

I also think her management have made a mistake releasing it at Xmas, this year more than ever more releases have been held back for the Xmas period, and while sales are higher, some artists get lost in the mad promotion rush and lose out.

The albums that sell well at Xmas are from the genuine A-List such as One Direction & Robbie Williams or the Xmas albums, or the albums that people buy as presents (either middle of the road stuff for Mum & Dad or teen pop for the kids) artists that aren't in either bracket such as Britney lose out. She would have been better releasing in September or January/February.
  • Options
    TheBigBoyTheBigBoy Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    If Britney had done away with the music industry see would not be recording new music, people have to remember she now has new kids to look after, her kids are going to be more important to her then her music, If she promotes her album she will have to travel all over the world not seeing her kids for mouths at a time
  • Options
    TheBigBoyTheBigBoy Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    If people remember Madonna only did little promotion for her album MDNA because she wanted to be with her kids
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has nothing left to offer the music world, except a lucrative Vegas show. Take the money and run.
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe she debuted at #34. I'm embarrassed as a fan that she didn't bother to properly promote this at all. If it truly was her most personal album to date then she would have wanted people to hear this. I wouldn't have minded top 20, but #34 is just awful.

I can't paint it any other way! :cry: >:(
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga and Katy Perry stole her UK fanbase.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    In fairness to Britney, she promoted this album slightly more than the last one. She made an appearence on Chatty Man. I believe her first UK interview in a decade! Just a shame it was 5 weeks ago! :D

As I fan i've got to say the album is pretty good, but not her best. None of the songs on it shout 'hit single'. It's sad to say, but I really think her time as a big name is over in the UK.

I still love her though! :D
    TheBigBoy wrote: »
    If people remember Madonna only did little promotion for her album MDNA because she wanted to be with her kids

Yeah, and that whole era went down like a lead balloon too.

No artist can sell music on name alone as M proved last year. She didn't promote her album because she wanted to focus on her tour, which although an amazing spectacle, she filled with songs that only the die hard fans knew. Why did nobody else know them? Because nobody bought her album! Promotion is where artists like Katy Perry have got it right.
  • Options
    britney.jeanbritney.jean Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    In fairness to Britney, she promoted this album slightly more than the last one. She made an appearence on Chatty Man. I believe her first UK interview in a decade! Just a shame it was 5 weeks ago! :D

As I fan i've got to say the album is pretty good, but not her best. None of the songs on it shout 'hit single'. It's sad to say, but I really think her time as a big name is over in the UK.

I still love her though! :D

the UK are extremely fickle.