Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    never heard of him

Why bother posting?
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant. :D (A favourite episode.)

Edit: He was always great, especially as he got stupider, but The East Cheam Drama Festival sticks out for me too. Bill goes 'angry young man' in 'Look Back in Hunger'. (snarls) "Have a cup of tea, Jim." It also has the exchange that always cracks me up;

Sid: "Shut up and put your trousers on." (that line comes out of nowhere. What an image!)
    Bill: "No, I want to be different!"

Yes the East Cheam Drama Festival was a good one. What with "Jack's Return Home" as well. "Well we all know why Jack never returned home. He dosent live here"

(PS nice to see this thread has made 2 pages)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd seen him in older British productions, but was surprised to see him when he popped up for a guest stint in the old Aussie soap 'The Young Doctors' in the late 1970s!

RIP Bill

Also, 'Sons & Daughters' in the mid 80s.

Rest in peace Bill.
  • GPWGPW Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Last Bus home episode is a favourite of mine.
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Loved Bill Kerr.

Hancock was the best ever radio comedy show.

So this is sad news.

RIP Bill.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I saw him in the Australian version of "Father,Dear Father" last night as the customs official.
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Was he the guy in The Dam Busters, who says when they clip the top of a tree,"That was bloody dangerous"?
    I remember Bill mostly for Gallipoli and as the man who married Muriel in Muriel's Wedding. RIP Bill. Even though I thought you died years ago.