Options

Muller Yoghurt

JonJonBJonJonB Posts: 2,051
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've asked this question of loads of people and never got any useful responses, but there seems to be a lot of knowledgable people in this forum, so hopefully you can help me.

I am practically addicted to Muller Fruit Corners, but only for the yoghurt section (the fruit is ok on it's own but I never mix them because I feel like it taints the yoghurt); it's like some kind of wonderful drug that tastes amazing. The problem here is, because I am a greedy git, I find the helpings of yoghurt you get with fruit corners to be too small; I need more! I've looked in countless shops and have never found the same yoghurt in it's own (preferably much, much larger) pot. I've tried other brands but they're usually vastly inferior (and most taste like sour cream), and nobody I know has been able to help. If anyone here knows where I can find the fruit corner yoghurt without the fruit (in bigger helpings would be best)-or even an alternative brand that you think tastes the same, please post here, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Muller yoghurt contains brain rotting chemicals. It is a product best avoided.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member

Does it, what about the rice ones??? :confused: off to the fridge, I have a shed load of them.........no, they seem ok, as long as you like guar gum
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think your post rotted my brain more than a multipack of yoghurts would. Provide me with a comprehensive scientific study proving your claims and I may be more inclined to care. Until then, thanks for no help whatosever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JonJonB wrote: »
    I think your post rotted my brain more than a multipack of yoghurts would. Provide me with a comprehensive scientific study proving your claims and I may be more inclined to care. Until then, thanks for no help whatosever.

They contain phenylalinine which rots rat's brains. Studies show in humans that it becomes neurotoxic, lowers the seizure threshold, depletes serotonin -- triggering psychiatric and behavioral problems -- and interacts with depressants and other drugs.

http://www.foodweek.com.au/main-features-page.aspx?articleType=ArticleView&articleId=1582

Very nasty!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you can check what is in them all, here's the link......:) the rice ones dont have the phenylaninine, which is in SO many foods and drinks, wonder we are not all bonkers.

http://www.muller.co.uk/nutritional/index.php?selected_product=3
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just had a muller light. Now I've seen it rots rats' brains I might have another one. That sounds like fun. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They contain phenylalinine which rots rat's brains. Studies show in humans that it becomes neurotoxic, lowers the seizure threshold, depletes serotonin -- triggering psychiatric and behavioral problems -- and interacts with depressants and other drugs.

http://www.foodweek.com.au/main-features-page.aspx?articleType=ArticleView&articleId=1582

Very nasty!

The bulk of that was quoted directly from the link while made to look like your own words. Sort of misleading, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't even know what half of it meant. Such studies are hotly disputed though, and for every one that says there's a danger, there's another that says there isn't. The amount of phenylalinine in muller yoghurts is probably far from enough to cause any serious effect to the human brain anyway, so until you've something more definitive, I'll keep eating.

Or, at least, I will when there's someone who can point me in the right direction instead of trying to take away one of life's little pleasures ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they make just the yoghurt bit of the fruit corner - it's a bit too sickly without the fruit bit (though I use the term fruit in its loosest sense ;) ). Damn you I've been sticking to the Muller lights in a half hearted attempt not to be a complete pig but now you've made me want the real thing. :mad: :D

I see you've only posted 118 posts in five years - and three of them have been about the Muller yoghurt. Nice work. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you can get the yoghurt alone in a blue pot, well you used to be able to I think...
    I am pretty sure, tho I am half asleep right now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The bulk of that was quoted directly from the link while made to look like your own words. Sort of misleading, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't even know what half of it meant. Such studies are hotly disputed though, and for every one that says there's a danger, there's another that says there isn't. The amount of phenylalinine in muller yoghurts is probably far from enough to cause any serious effect to the human brain anyway, so until you've something more definitive, I'll keep eating.

Or, at least, I will when there's someone who can point me in the right direction instead of trying to take away one of life's little pleasures ;)

Don't patronise me without knowing anything about me or my qualifications.

I am a qualified medical sociologist. The sociology of health and illness was part of my degree. I do understand what it means just could not be bothered to type it all out.

Phenylalinine is a naturally occuring amino acid however,it is not a good idea to bung it into our diets because it can become a toxin as studies have shown if you cannot digest the enzyme. 0ne in 15,000 people cannot do this.

If there was no health risk,there would not be a packaging warning.
  • Options
    John_ElwayJohn_Elway Posts: 5,121
    Forum Member
    Good post Stud :)
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the food forum gentlemen and laydeees! We don't argue, we are very happy clappy souls in here! Now BEHAVE!!!!!!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All it takes is one or two GDers to stray and it's mayhem. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't patronise me without knowing anything about me or my qualifications.
    Didn't you do that when you posted your useless recommendation to avoid the very thing I'm looking for?
    I am a qualified medical sociologist. The sociology of health and illness was part of my degree. I do understand what it means just could not be bothered to type it all out.
    That's pretty flimsy isn't it? My friend pointed out to me that you're so very qualified you don't even know how to spell Phenylalanine, despite being an expert on the subject. Least I have an excuse for getting it wrong...
    Phenylalinine is a naturally occuring amino acid however,it is not a good idea to bung it into our diets because it can become a toxin as studies have shown if you cannot digest the enzyme. 0ne in 15,000 people cannot do this.
    He also thought you might've put that zero in the word "one" to avoid detection of yet more plagiarism, but I'm not so cynical.
    If there was no health risk,there would not be a packaging warning.
    Most things carry some kind of health risk to a very small minority. Perhaps I should steer clear of peanuts and shellfish as well, just in case. At this time, there's no definitive evidence that enjoying muller yoghurts will lead to my body being damaged in any noticeable way (nor is there even any slightly convincing evidence...) so, like I've said already, I'll just enjoy them and maybe you'll stop hijacking the thread for a pointless argument. I only wanted a little help from someone, for the love of god.
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skyl1ght wrote: »
    All it takes is one or two GDers to stray and it's mayhem. :p

Let's hope we don't get any of the BB lot!:eek::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not a professional by any means, but I didn't think we digested enzymes. Aren't enzymes chemical agents that help us to digest?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've asked this question of loads of people and never got any useful responses <snip>
    And now you can add this thread to that list. ;)
  • Options
    LemonhunnyLemonhunny Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is the flavour you are after, but I went to Lidl yesterday, and discovered they do 100g tubs of vanilla yoghurt for £1.39 a tub. Absolutely LUSH! I've had to hide it at the back of the fridge because I just know I would demolish it within minutes if I let myself!

They also do another one that looks as if it had chocolate vermicelli in it or something, but as I don't speak German and didn't have my glasses with me to read the minute print, I didn't buy it as I wasn't sure.

Try it if you have a Lidl nearby - I'm hooked!
  • Options
    OcdGirlOcdGirl Posts: 12,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They used to do it years ago cos I used to buy it from Sainsburys and demolish a whole tub in one sitting.

I dont think it was very popular.

I also like eating the fruit and the yoghurt separately, it just tastes wrong mixed together
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lemonhunny wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the flavour you are after, but I went to Lidl yesterday, and discovered they do 100g tubs of vanilla yoghurt for £1.39 a tub. Absolutely LUSH! I've had to hide it at the back of the fridge because I just know I would demolish it within minutes if I let myself!

They also do another one that looks as if it had chocolate vermicelli in it or something, but as I don't speak German and didn't have my glasses with me to read the minute print, I didn't buy it as I wasn't sure.

Try it if you have a Lidl nearby - I'm hooked!
    Are you sure, as that is rather, (actually VERY) expensive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elke21 wrote: »
    Are you sure, as that is rather, (actually VERY) expensive.

It says 100g on the tub - it's one of those with the handle over the lid and compared with the individual tubs of yoghurt it's massive.

I actually thought that it was a very good price for the amount compared with individual pots.

We've finished the big pot today, over the course of a day, hubby and I, just spooning it out of the big tub bit by bit while he was putting the plinths under my new kitchen units.

Trip to Lidl in the morning - I don't dare look at the sugar content!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It says 100g on the tub - it's one of those with the handle over the lid and compared with the individual tubs of yoghurt it's massive.

I actually thought that it was a very good price for the amount compared with individual pots.

We've finished the big pot today, over the course of a day, hubby and I, just spooning it out of the big tub bit by bit while he was putting the plinths under my new kitchen units.

Trip to Lidl in the morning - I don't dare look at the sugar content!

A normal Ski pot is usually 125gr or 150gr, and I certainly would not pay over £1 for one of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    should they really be saying "lick the lid of life"? More "lick it at your own risk".:p I am sure a lot of people will think, oh, let's eat more, we will live longer and bounce on trampolines in a field of lovely flowers with everything wonderful and joyous..........now, is that coffee I can smell........:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elke21 wrote: »
    A normal Ski pot is usually 125gr or 150gr, and I certainly would not pay over £1 for one of them.

:o:o:o

I should have put my glasses on when I was trying to read the sugar content....then I would have seen that it's actually 1000g it says on the pot!

My apologies everyone - common sense itself should have told me it was a lot bigger than 100g!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :o:o:o

I should have put my glasses on when I was trying to read the sugar content....then I would have seen that it's actually 1000g it says on the pot!

My apologies everyone - common sense itself should have told me it was a lot bigger than 100g!
    hahaha that's too funnnnnny :p:D