The writing was always on the wall then

that was nasty!
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    She was always painted as the "villain" in the group during their three year hiatus which I always found amusing since Cheryl was the one prancing around trying to crack the states and generally being a fame ****.

Good for Nadine for speaking out and setting the record straight.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was always painted as the "villain" in the group during their three year hiatus which I always found amusing since Cheryl was the one prancing around trying to crack the states and generally being a fame ****.

It was Nadine who first went to the states, before the three year hiatus. She attempted to crack the US before Cheryl.

Remember how she was supposed to have forgotten her passport as an excuse for not attending the Brits in 2008?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=nadine%20coyle%20won't%20make%20the%20brits&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.digitalspy.co.uk%2Fshowbiz%2Fnews%2Fa89839%2Fnadine-coyle-wont-make-the-brits.html&ei=905UUYeWMYO-PevegKAK&usg=AFQjCNFdNYT0iKPqHkKXi_6UlLJYPhUWrA&bvm=bv.44442042,bs.1,d.d2k
  • sanfran1sanfran1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member

I agree.
    I believe she went to the States originally to be with her boyfriend at the time and pursue business interests.
    With all the negative press she got here I don't blame her for being wary about putting herself back in the spotlight here, especially with Cheryl's high profile. Both the press and some of Cheryl's most staunch fans ('soldiers') seem to take pleasure in perpetuating a Nadine v Cheryl 'feud'. Some appear to believe that if you like Cheryl you must dislike Nadine, and vice versa.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sanfran1 wrote: »
    I agree.
    I believe she went to the States originally to be with her boyfriend at the time and pursue business interests.
    With all the negative press she got here I don't blame her for being wary about putting herself back in the spotlight here, especially with Cheryl's high profile. Both the press and some of Cheryl's most staunch fans ('soldiers') seem to take pleasure in perpetuating a Nadine v Cheryl 'feud'. Some appear to believe that if you like Cheryl you must dislike Nadine, and vice versa.

It was the OP that first mentioned Cheryl in this thread (see comment 3), nobody else :confused:

The OP is one of this forum's most fierce of critics of Cheryl for starters - mentioning her so early in the thread was obviously going to set off a Nadine V Cheryl feud ;)

Just because people have different opinions to yourself and the OP, does not make them soldiers of any of the girls.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.

The worst person for this was the hideous Dan Wootton the former NOTW show business reporter, a more repugnant human being I've yet to encounter. He had an almost unhealthy fixation with Cheryl to the extent that anyone else who was seen as a threat to her career was subjected to hate filled bile from him, I think possibly because deep down he knew that Nadine had a far superior singing voice.

He seemed to take a very sick pleasure in watching Nadine's solo career fail to take off and at one point even tweeted that he'd seen one of CDs in a bargain bin somewhere. When the NOTW closed down and he found himself out of a job I took great pleasure in seeing him unemployed, a horrible spiteful little man. You reap what you sew and all that. Sadly this is what Nadine was dealing with from the UK press.

Cheryl has no singing ability whatsoever. Call My Name would have been an awesome dance tune if it had been performed by someone with a decent singing voice.
    Forum Member
    It was the OP that first mentioned Cheryl in this thread (see comment 3), nobody else :confused:

The OP is one of this forum's most fierce of critics of Cheryl for starters - mentioning her so early in the thread was obviously going to set off a Nadine V Cheryl feud ;)

Just because people have different opinions to yourself and the OP, does not make them soldiers of any of the girls.

I was not referring exclusively to the posters on this thread, hence the phrasing 'the press and some of Nadine's fans'.
    BIB
    I could say you seem to be one of the forum's most avid supporters of Cheryl. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst person for this was the hideous Dan Wootton the former NOTW show business reporter, a more repugnant human being I've yet to encounter. He had an almost unhealthy fixation with Cheryl to the extent that anyone else who was seen as a threat to her career was subjected to hate filled bile from him, I think possibly because deep down he knew that Nadine had a far superior singing voice.

He seemed to take a very sick pleasure in watching Nadine's solo career fail to take off and at one point even tweeted that he'd seen one of CDs in a bargain bin somewhere. When the NOTW closed down and he found himself out of a job I took great pleasure in seeing him unemployed, a horrible spiteful little man. You reap what you sew and all that. Sadly this is what Nadine was dealing with from the UK press.

Cheryl has no singing ability whatsoever. Call My Name would have been an awesome dance tune if it had been performed by someone with a decent singing voice.

Dan Wootton is not worth a fart tbh.

This thread is about Nadine, it was the OP who brought Cheryl into it.
    Forum Member

Well said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was not referring exclusively to the posters on this thread, hence the phrasing 'the press and some of Nadine's fans'.
    BIB
    I could say you seem to be one of the forum's most avid supporters of Cheryl. ;)

Good grief Sanfran, I'm not. This thread has degenerated into a Nadine V Cheryl discussion purely because of the OP's obsession, not mine - can't you see that?

I'm a fan of the band. Nothing more. I hate to see the articles about so-called feuds.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Chezza is a fairly decent dancer, but you don't get to see that on the radio. Singing is a bit ho-hum, but NC is better. I listened to a Girls Aloud track (without knowing who's who) some time ago and the best singer in my view turned out to be NC.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Bungitin wrote: »
    Chezza is a fairly decent dancer, but you don't get to see that on the radio. Singing is a bit ho-hum, but NC is better. I listened to a Girls Aloud track (without knowing who's who) some time ago and the best singer in my view turned out to be NC.

Why has she so massively flopped then :confused: I don't get it.

I kind of feel Nadine is rather full of herself. She may have the best voice but that makes her failure even more embarrassing.

Doesn't anyone else think her saying she has the most input musically in G A and starting up this 'it's not my fault G A split' thing on twitter smacks of a bitchy lady :confused: It's like everyone is so determined for Cheryl to be a nasty bully that folks can't see the wood for the trees.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I kind of feel Nadine is rather full of herself. She may have the best voice but that makes her failure even more embarrassing.

Doesn't anyone else think her saying she has the most input musically in G A and starting up this 'it's not my fault G A split' thing on twitter smacks of a bitchy lady :confused: It's like everyone is so determined for Cheryl to be a nasty bully that folks can't see the wood for the trees.

I don't think Nadine comes across as full of herself at all. In fact she came across well in their anniversary documentary, more I think that she's not all that interested in being a celebrity. She likes singing and is good at it, but doesn't really want all the fame that goes with it. The failure of her solo career is down to the poor material that she put out, you can be the best singer in the world but if the material isn't up to scratch your not going to have hit singles. That combined with the medias hate campaign against her meant it was never going to happen for her sadly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Nadine comes across as full of herself at all. In fact she came across well in their anniversary documentary, more I think that she's not all that interested in being a celebrity. She likes singing and is good at it, but doesn't really want all the fame that goes with it. The failure of her solo career is down to the poor material that she put out, you can be the best singer in the world but if the material isn't up to scratch your not going to have hit singles. That combined with the medias hate campaign against her meant it was never going to happen for her sadly.

I disagree that she didn't want the fame. When she went to the US, she dated 2 pretty high profile Americans (Jason Bell and Jesse Metcalfe). And she appeared on America's Next Top Model.

I think if Nadine or any of the other girls had been offered the X Factor job, they would have jumped at the chance.

Like the girls, she has appeared in the St Trinians movie and various endorsements for KitKat, Sunsilk etc -- the only thing she didn't appear in was The Passions of Girls Aloud.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree that she didn't want the fame. When she went to the US, she dated 2 pretty high profile Americans (Jason Bell and Jesse Metcalfe). And she appeared on America's Next Top Model.

I think if Nadine or any of the other girls had been offered the X Factor job, they would have jumped at the chance.

Like the girls, she has appeared in the St Trinians movie and various endorsements for KitKat, Sunsilk etc -- the only thing she didn't appear in was The Passions of Girls Aloud.

i agree and why else would she be photographed leaving a restaurant with perez hilton of all people, if she wasn't interested in fame.:o
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    rubyred25 wrote: »
    that was nasty!
    No harm in lightening the mood, we all know GA fans or not Nadine's very talented and entitled to her opinion :).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member

A lot of people have said that but I haven't seen or read an interview about Nadine being full of herself or catty.
    Doesn't anyone else think her saying she has the most input musically in G A and starting up this 'it's not my fault G A split' thing on twitter smacks of a bitchy lady :confused:

I don't think it's "bitchy" She's sad about Girls Aloud ending. It's been clear from the start that Nadine was seen as the lead singer.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she came across well in their anniversary documentaryI don't think Nadine comes across as full of herself at all. In fact, more I think that she's not all that interested in being a celebrity. She likes singing and is good at it, but doesn't really want all the fame that goes with it. The failure of her solo career is down to the poor material that she put out, you can be the best singer in the world but if the material isn't up to scratch your not going to have hit singles. That combined with the medias hate campaign against her meant it was never going to happen for her sadly.

Totally disagree with this.

She was chucked off Popstars The Rivals (or a similar style contest) in Ireland for being underage and then proceeded to try for PSTR and Girls Aloud. Nobody uninterested in fame would try to enter such competitions.
    Forum Member
    Nadine joined Popstars The Rivals and Girls Aloud to get noticed as an artist, not for the fame.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Nadine joined Popstars The Rivals and Girls Aloud to get noticed as an artist, not for the fame.

Right, so she wasn't expecting to be famous as a result of being on TV shows producing music? Was she THAT insecure about her talent??
    Forum Member
    Right, so she wasn't expecting to be famous as a result of being on TV shows producing music? Was she THAT insecure about her talent??

Nadine was secure enough to know that she had talent and wanted the right people to see it, and help her get a record deal maybe?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Nadine was secure enough to know that she had talent and wanted the right people to see it, and help her get a record deal maybe?

Maybe.

I do think she has a good voice actually, but I don't think she's immune to the temptations of fame.

Just IMHO anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can bet Tweedy's ego has a lot to do with it ;)