Options

Cancelled /Renew Shows & Pick-ups

Comments

• Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Community and Subturgatory both canceled.... shit I need new shows to watch.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Believe has been cancelled

Aha, I can delete that then - was series linking it until there was news either way as it did have 'one season wonder' written all over it
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever was talking casually about job losses may find this article interesting

Hope Nashville gets a renewal, but I think the lack of news is telling......

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2014/05/06/nashville-workers-anxious-season-decision/8774721/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am very upset at Community being cancelled. I have waited for five seasons to see Jeff and Annie to get together and...
    was so happy when it was implied it was going to happen in season 6
    but now it will never happen.

I'm also saddened to see Suburgatory end as it's a great little show.

The only shows I'm still waiting on now are Parenthood, Nashville and Friends With Better Lives which is starting to find it's feet and is surprisingly enjoyable.
  • Options
    qwerty21qwerty21 Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    From the big 4 so far 3 Freshmen Midseason shows have been renewed.
    With the up-fronts coming if you aren't making the fall schedule I wouldn't be holding out too much hope.
    Surprised to see Surburgatory go, I think ABC have made a mistake there, also a shame to see Community go.

I had ridiculous good luck last year and every American TV Show I watched swung a renewal including a load on the bubble (MIndy Project, Hannibal, Legit, Good Wife, Community)

This year Community has gone and Almost Human which I was keen to check out if it got a renewal has also gone. Newsroom is also ending with a shortened season although that was Sorkin's choice.

Very excited for Up-fronts at Fox to see how much of a reality this new year-round programming is going to be. So far the signs aren't incredibly positive. I would have certainly kept Surviving Jack and potentially Enlisted around for short summer runs if they are moving to original programming all year round. They have space to allow shows to grow and improve.

In terms of programmes which could be rescued from the dead. I feel like Community could stand a chance due to the rabid fan support #SixSeasonsAndAMovie
    The Mentalist is apparently being shopped to cable networks so stands a chance.
    The one which I think should have been picked up was Almost Human. Could have formed a nice block with Agents Of Shield over at ABC but I highly doubt it will happen. ABC aren't known for being that well run a network at the moment.

The main question marks left now are Parenthood & Nashville. (At the start of the day I expected both to be renewed but it is late in the day to have not heard anything for Nashville)
  • Options
    alexjonesalexjones Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    still waiting on the fate of Dracula.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not too happy that both Revolution and Believe are cancelled. I'll watch the end of both shows though because I enjoy them. I am also probably going to lose the Mentalist.

Though having said that no cancellation has ever been as bad and short-sighted as when Firefly was cancelled - although one could say that it kept its reputation having such a short run.

Maybe Believe will soon be seen as a classic cut off before its prime.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crisis has be cancelled too. Shame but I was expecting it.

Wonder if they will keep making this type of show, as they seem to have all failed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dillan wrote: »
    Suburgatory also cancelled. :o

Another shame but seemed to be on the way to being cancelled.
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will they be showing the remaining episodes of Crisis or has it been pulled with immediate effect?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sattrega wrote: »
    Will they be showing the remaining episodes of Crisis or has it been pulled with immediate effect?

http://tvline.com/2014/05/06/crisis-nbc-cancelled-believe/

Pulled off.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    News on Nashville. ABC wants to bring it back, but only for a 13-episode season, not a full season of 22 episodes. The production company is telling ABC that the production costs are such that at 13 episodes it is not financially worth it to make the show at all. So negotiations are on-going.
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cheers. I'm behind by a couple of episodes but don't think I'll bother now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    News on Nashville. ABC wants to bring it back, but only for a 13-episode season, not a full season of 22 episodes. The production company is telling ABC that the production costs are such that at 13 episodes it is not financially worth it to make the show at all. So negotiations are on-going.

Oh dear, can they not compromise at 18?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sattrega wrote: »
    Cheers. I'm behind by a couple of episodes but don't think I'll bother now.

The Rachel Taylor one season curse strikes again.

:)
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    CBS pick-ups (with possibly more coming):

Dramas:

(Joining already picked-up Battle Creek):
    Scorpion
    Madam Secretary
    Stalker
    NCIS: New Orleans

Comedies:

The Odd Couple
    The McCarthys
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    Oh dear, can they not compromise at 18?

No, 18 is a full season pick up, ABC wants a half season, hence 13 episodes. I'd imagine Lionsgate will cave.
  • Options
    tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    No, 18 is a full season pick up, ABC wants a half season, hence 13 episodes. I'd imagine Lionsgate will cave.

Well people are wanting "shorter" seasons these days for network shows.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Go Hannibal! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the rumours are correct, Parenthood's renewal is dependent on whether the stars and creators are willing to take pay cuts... and it would be for a reduced run with a maximum of 13 episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hazeltree wrote: »
    If the rumours are correct, Parenthood's renewal is dependent on whether the stars and creators are willing to take pay cuts... and it would be for a reduced run with a maximum of 13 episodes.

Looks like Nashville and Parenthood are both stuck in the same battle ground.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Well people are wanting "shorter" seasons these days for network shows.

I'd imagine ABC want it as a replacement lined up in case one of their new show fails. The 13 episode order doesn't tie them into anything major if their new shows are successful, but allows them to order more if their new shows fail.
  • Options
    BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Nice to see the NCIS family being extended.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    CBS pick-ups (with possibly more coming):

Dramas:

(Joining already picked-up Battle Creek):
    Scorpion
    Madam Secretary
    Stalker
    NCIS: New Orleans

Comedies:

The Odd Couple
    The McCarthys

I reckon CSI Cyber will be picked up for midseason, How I Met Your Dad seems to be dead but I wouldn't be surprised if it also gets a pickup for midseason.

Madam Secretary does seem like the odd pickup but I reckon it'll be paired with Good Wife
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    How I Met Your Dad seems to be dead but I wouldn't be surprised if it also gets a pickup for midseason

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=72573149&postcount=1314