Options

What Mobile Phone Do You Have & How Long Do You Intend To Keep It?

scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
Forum Member
Simple question. Mines the HTC One M7 had it around 3 months bought SIM free and intend to keep it for around another 12 months.

Comments

• Options
    corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got over 3 years from my iPhone 4, 6 months from my nexus 5, hoping for another 3 years from my iPhone 6
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive got a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini and I intend to have it for another 13 months
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Galaxy S5 on a 24 month contract (EE). So until that ends in about 20 months.
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    iPhone 6, no contract involved but I do intend to keep it for 2 years.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had S4 about 15 months disappointing camera but happy with the rest.
    maybe might get new one at xmass.
    Though if get new one going to keep the S4 as do not have my older S2 any more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Primary phone vodafone smart 4 power, 2 months so far but will change once s6 launches.

Secondary phone blackberry q10 from 1 year and will use till phones dies.
  • Options
    biggytbiggyt Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    One year and counting on my Nexus 5. I just flashed the Android 5 (Lollipop) factory image yesterday, it has made a brilliant phone even better.. I must admit I am putting a bit of money aside each month for a new phone but I am not really in any rush to replace my lovely Nexus 5.
  • Options
    davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    iPhone 6 Plus bought sim free and on a sim only contract with EE. Intend to keep the phone until iPhone 6S Plus comes out at which point it will be passed down to my other half assuming she hasn't cracked and bought one herself by then
  • Options
    mupet0000mupet0000 Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had my Galaxy S4 for 14 months, I was thinking about getting the Note 4 but I'll never use the pen and still feel like it's a bit too big. Going to wait for the release of the S6 and probably get that.

There's actually nothing wrong with the S4 for me, I think it's an amazing phone and will become even better with Android L, just tired of using it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Samsung galaxy s5. Intend to keep it until my contract is up in December 2015.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Nexus 5 and I will see what is available in April for my upgrade. I need to decide whether I want to go with a bigger screen, which seems to be the latest fad. So may be the Nexus 6, not sure yet.
  • Options
    horsepillshorsepills Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Galaxy S3 which I've had for just over 2 years so out of contract. Was thinking of upgrading to the Note 4 but will wait until the price drops - hopefully after xmas.

My S3 was hideously slow until I modded it with Cyanogenmod, and now it's perfectly fast to keep me going for a while longer (though annoyingly a couple of apps no longer open, saying "this app doesn't work on modded phones!").
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    iPhone 6 Plus. Had the 6 for a few weeks before deciding I wanted more real estate.

I'll have it for at least a year, just depends what gets released in the next year or 2.
  • Options
    PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    I buy a new phone every year and use the old one as well for another year (not just as a backup).

I like to have an Android and an iPhone - the iPhone for usability and the Android for functionality.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nexus 4, about 18 months old, I aim to keep it until it goes wrong, hopefully at least another 3 years, I do not see the need to buy a new phone unless I have to.
  • Options
    Young TurksYoung Turks Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Note 3 for about 5 months, bought it sim free to go with unlimited data and I was intending to keep it as long as it last but as Three network is removing the plan I am on, I might go PAYG only and sell Note 3 soon and buy S4 for just PAYG.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought myself a Galaxy S5 in July, lovey phone, and I keep an S3 in Spain. I'll change the S5 when another phone takes my fancy; I never have a contract phone.
  • Options
    Chris1973Chris1973 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cubot GT-99 bought direct from China for under £100. Its worked flawlessly for the last 14 months and is still going strong, Its even still getting 1 - 1.5 days worth of use per charge from the original battery.

It does everything I need, so I Intend on keeping and using it until it stops working. :p
  • Options
    Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    I've had my S3 mini for a while now, SIM free. It does everything I want so won't be changing it until it conks out.
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    iPhone 6.
    Best handset ever!
    Will have it for the full 24 months then my Daughter will get it and I will be on iPhone 7.
    iPhone 7 will be able to beam me up to the Enterprise, cook my tea and won't moan when I'm home late from work. Nor will it leave a message that my tea is "in the dog"
    Women are lovely but smartphones are better!

EDIT: for anyone stumbling across this in 2065, I didn't mean it, Women really are lovely and....... OH MY GOD... I'm 97!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    GigabitGigabit Posts: 8,768
    Forum Member
    Go home Devon, you're drunk.
  • Options
    VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlackBerry 9320. I'll be purchasing the new BlackBerry Passport sometime before the end of the year.
  • Options
    Alex_1Alex_1 Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    S5 had it since April.... until S6 perhaps... Cash buy now on one plan replacement
    Use my S4 for streaming radio and screencasting Mobdro etc + good back up if needed + Vodafone PAYG sim
    Moto G for messing with & back up.. was gonna sell my S4 but changed my mind

Love gadgets
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    I bought myself a Galaxy S5 in July, lovey phone, and I keep an S3 in Spain. I'll change the S5 when another phone takes my fancy; I never have a contract phone.

That's what I'd like to do I think. Always been on contract but I love phones so much that I'm always wanting to change!!! Do you have a different number for each phone or do you manage to get 2 identical sim cards??

DevonBloke wrote: »
    iPhone 6.
    Best handset ever!
    Will have it for the full 24 months then my Daughter will get it and I will be on iPhone 7.
    iPhone 7 will be able to beam me up to the Enterprise, cook my tea and won't moan when I'm home late from work. Nor will it leave a message that my tea is "in the dog"
    Women are lovely but smartphones are better!

EDIT: for anyone stumbling across this in 2065, I didn't mean it, Women really are lovely and....... OH MY GOD... I'm 97!!!!!!!!

Quoted for hilarity and for cheering up a crap Saturday! :D:D:D
    I'm a woman btw so you're in A LOT of trouble!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    64gb iPhone 5. Will keep it until the day ever arrives I can trade it up for a 64gb 5s. That might be a long time coming though !