Options

Red Dot Query

DroodDrood Posts: 733
Forum Member
✭✭
This may have been asked before, but has anyone experienced the "red dot of warning" when they're not actually playing on the XBox?

I'd played for only 15 minutes today then I'm pretty sure I'd switched it off although the rechargeable controller was still plugged in. Then while I was watching TV I noticed the power button had a red dot.

I was slightly freaked out and just pressed the power button without thinking to check if anything was happening on my XBox channel. Everything seemed okay when I switched it back on although it had a bit of a wobble when I played a bit of CoD to test it by not being able to load a checkpoint when I died but was fine when I tried it a second time.

Comments

• Options
    JimallJimall Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    If you have the rechargable controller plugged in (on charge) whilst playing and then turn the Xbox off, the controller continues to charge until full (if more charge is needed) - there's a red light that shows on the cable which plugs into the top of the controller, it goes green once charged.

Whilst the charge is in affect the Xbox power supply continues to operate, meaning there's a constant current through the Xbox. It sounds like your red light is probably something to do with this and - at least in my case - it's nothing to worry about.