Corrie's Sophie and Maddie - Boring couple

Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How boring are these two dullards? Maddar has been miraculously turned around from thieving, lying, scrounging skank to the wholesome girl next door who is good with kids and loves dogs - yawn. As for Sophie, a pointless low achieving moaner.

I cannot see why SB thinks they are so popular!:o

Comments

• Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If only Tracy threatened to put them down instead of Eccles.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How boring are these two dullards? Maddar has been miraculously turned around from thieving, lying, scrounging skank to the wholesome girl next door who is good with kids and loves dogs - yawn. As for Sophie, a pointless low achieving moaner.

I cannot see why SB thinks they are so popular!:o
    The most boring and untalented pair in any soap. Why are they still there? Changing Muddie into Mother Theresa is an unbelievably stupid move by the producer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how Sophie had stayed there for so long, I actually think she is the worst actress on CS.

I mean they should have got rid of her and kept Katie.
  • KayokKayok Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    unfortunately for the viewers, the children of families such as Websters, Barlows, Platts etc are there for life it seems, regardless of how rubbish they act, ( Helen Flanagan) or dull the characters are.
    Sophie is still a whining dullard, and Maddie is having a personality makeover, so they must be together for the long haul.
    Boring couples mark 2 are Chesney and Sinead, even worse than Sophie I think.

And the other night when it was said that Simon has gone to big school, I was surprised at that, he acts like a 6 yr old with all the sulky faces and tantrums.

Hopefully scenes between Mary and Julie will liven things up, love them both, so having them set against each other should be hilarious to watch, and over Dev !! you would have to make it up, haha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how Sophie had stayed there for so long, I actually think she is the worst actress on CS.

I mean they should have got rid of her and kept Katie.

Totally agree! I wouldn't be that surprised if the next producer brought Katy back as one of their early decisions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree, in fact Sophie's relationships are always boring, mainly because she makes up one half of them.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boring and have zero chemistry, Sally and Tim are far more interesting than Maddeh/Sawpeh. Now they've added that brat Simon in their scenes, it's like Blackburn sets out to torture us.
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Sophie's enunciation is getting even worse, the mumbling she does is so annoying. Quite genuinely I have to switch the subtitles on for her. I can only imagine what she will be like in twenty years time.
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only boring but the writers seem to view them as a comedy double act. Brooke Vincent used to be funny when she was a kid in her scenes bickering with Rosie. She isn't anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    Sophie's enunciation is getting even worse, the mumbling she does is so annoying. Quite genuinely I have to switch the subtitles on for her. I can only imagine what she will be like in twenty years time.

Just wait till her teeth drop out. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be brave as producer and axe Sophie. I know this will annoy people who love to see characters grown up on the street but she hasn't grown into a fantastic actress in my opinion. Let her and Maddie move down south to be with Maddie's brother for 5 years and then recast her (sorry I know they are hated on here) with someone who can actually act.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kayok wrote: »
    unfortunately for the viewers, the children of families such as Websters, Barlows, Platts etc are there for life it seems, regardless of how rubbish they act, ( Helen Flanagan) or dull the characters are.
    Sophie is still a whining dullard, and Maddie is having a personality makeover, so they must be together for the long haul.
    Boring couples mark 2 are Chesney and Sinead, even worse than Sophie I think.

And the other night when it was said that Simon has gone to big school, I was surprised at that, he acts like a 6 yr old with all the sulky faces and tantrums.

Hopefully scenes between Mary and Julie will liven things up, love them both, so having them set against each other should be hilarious to watch, and over Dev !! you would have to make it up, haha

Its 1/2 the trouble with this soap; its full of deadwood.Once you make it onto the permanent roster you're there for life-how do these actors/actresses get these plum jobs when they are so crap at acting?
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame they killed off Tina because Sophie would've been perfect for a Lucy Beale style plot.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maddie reminds me of tina when she first arrived which I assume is what SB wanted since it was him who brought tina into corrie. Lets hope maddie doesn't end up the same way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Maddie reminds me of tina when she first arrived which I assume is what SB wanted since it was him who brought tina into corrie. Lets hope maddie doesn't end up the same way.

What dead ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its 1/2 the trouble with this soap; its full of deadwood.Once you make it onto the permanent roster you're there for life-how do these actors/actresses get these plum jobs when they are so crap at acting?

Because they are best friends with Cotton and it seems will never be axed until somebody new comes in and has the balls to go and axe Sean/Michelle/Fizz and Sophie.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What dead ?

Yes thats what I mean.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most boring and untalented pair in any soap. Why are they still there? Changing Muddie into Mother Theresa is an unbelievably stupid move by the producer.

The way SB would describe her, "mother Theresa with a cheeky attitude which I know she is really popular especially paired up with the loveable and caring Sophie which makes an iconic coronation Street character and couple. "
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Maddie reminds me of tina when she first arrived ...............

Not to mention the same as becky, kylie, fiz , sally. And probably one or two others I've forgotten, like rita's girls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Not to mention the same as becky, kylie, fiz , sally. And probably one or two others I've forgotten, like rita's girls.

Maddie, Fiz and Sally are absolutely nothing like each other, and never have been.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think that Amy Kelly is a decent young actress and is far more convincing than Brooke Vincent- who has not been tolerable since they split Sophie and Sian up.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Obviously.

Horrific couple.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Boring and have zero chemistry, Sally and Tim are far more interesting than Maddeh/Sawpeh. Now they've added that brat Simon in their scenes, it's like Blackburn sets out to torture us.

Zero chemistry. Boring. Sums them up. Toning down Screecher and making Maddie Simon's friend has made no difference whatsoever.

pegasus2 wrote: »

Her stupid accent/voice is annoying.
    I would be brave as producer and axe Sophie. I know this will annoy people who love to see characters grown up on the street but she hasn't grown into a fantastic actress in my opinion. Let her and Maddie move down south to be with Maddie's brother for 5 years and then recast her (sorry I know they are hated on here) with someone who can actually act.

Yep. Recast and bring her back in a few years.

Corrie are terrified of getting rid of their mainstay families/characters.

Because they are best friends with Cotton and it seems will never be axed until somebody new comes in and has the balls to go and axe Sean/Michelle/Fizz and Sophie.

^^^^ Perfect choice of who should get the boot!
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brooke Vincent makes Helen Flanagan look good.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never thought I'd say this, but since having a bath Maddeh is slightly more bearable, and I think I'd rather her stay and Sawphie bugger off. If they dropped her from Sawphie, she would be a bit better again, but putting her with Beelzebub Barlow is a mistake if they want to draw people to her, putting her with him will drive them away faster than if she had the plague, leprosy and the measles all at once!