Options

Did Shane Ritchie just give away a mega-spoiler on This Morning??

jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
Forum Member
✭✭
Whilst re-telling a story where his son gave an EE plotline away to the crowd during a concert, Shane Ritchie may have inadvertantly done the same thing on This Morning just now.

What he said was:
"Alfie dies at Christmas"

:o:o:o

Comments

• Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please tell me he said that seriously
  • Options
    The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    It makes sense if Shane is leaving. I mean, this storyline is pretty huge and how will he and Kat ever recover?
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    He did, I heard it! :eek:.

Such a shame though, him and Kat have barely been back together for a year :(
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it. I haven't seen it, but a lot of people have been speculating on Alfie dying, so he was probably making a jokey comment or repeating what some viewers have been saying.
  • Options
    oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please God, Buddha, Mohamed, Lucifer and whoever - make it be true. :kitty:
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see the This Morning interview, but in another interview he gave recently Shane referred to his son (who is in the band Rixton) who announced at a concert that "Alfie dies at Christmas".

Shane didn't confirm whether the spoiler is true, so I assume that on This Morning he was also just discussing what his son said, and the speculation from fans.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    he said his son said it onstage and gave away the spoiler, but I have my doubts about it. i think there would be more news about it considering the "spoiler" was told a while ago.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    I would welcome it, Alfie and Kat were legendary until they returned, I would enjoy a unit of Mo, Stacey and Kat (and possibly Charlie and Jean back to strengthen numbers!)
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    He did, I heard it! :eek:.

Such a shame though, him and Kat have barely been back together for a year :(

Maybe Alfie will be seriously injured during the fire and end up in a coma with Kat turning off his life support machine at Christmas. There would be very little of Alfie on screen with his cheeky jack the lad charm

Or is that just me hoping ? :p
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the written interview he said his son heard there was a fire and told the audience that Alfie dies...it was an assumption and then Shane said the reaction was interesting as people don't want to lose Alfie
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way he talked about it didn't sound like he was about to leave or has left given they are probably filming Xmas eps soon
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's too good to be true.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt it :) I thought it was a great interview. I would have liked him to have said 'shuttlecock' though!! (Radio 1 breakfast show listeners will know what I mean!)
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be literally all my Christmases come at once if Alfie goes through an explicitly gruesome and painfully slow death. My current Christmas Day schedule indicates I'll be passed out drunk for about 4 hours by the time the 8pm Xmas EE ep comes on, but I'm willing to hold off drinking until about 10.30am so as I can enjoy it in all its glory.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is there so much hate for Alfie on here? I like him :p
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Did Shane really say that?

I heard him on Nick Grimshaw this morning and he said there would be a massive story involving Kat and Alfie but never mentioned anything about dying.

I've recorded this morning so i'll check it out later.

I did read that Shane's son said that Alfie dies but I think he meant in the fire though!

But if Alfie dies at Christmas then that's a shame but all the best to Shane in whatever he does and even though i'll miss him Shane existed before Alfie and he will afterwards!

Shame if he does die because i'll really miss coming on the forum to talk about him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cjsmummy wrote: »

Because people are mean and nasty and if he dies then I hope they all choke on their celebratory drinks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I doubt it :) I thought it was a great interview. I would have liked him to have said 'shuttlecock' though!! (Radio 1 breakfast show listeners will know what I mean!)

Ohh! He didn't say it?

I thought Shane of all people would have managed to get his cock in!
  • Options
    ClassicGarfieldClassicGarfield Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only is he leaving... but he's dying?! :o

HALLELUJAH !!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    ClassicGarfieldClassicGarfield Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    It would be literally all my Christmases come at once if Alfie goes through an explicitly gruesome and painfully slow death. My current Christmas Day schedule indicates I'll be passed out drunk for about 4 hours by the time the 8pm Xmas EE ep comes on, but I'm willing to hold off drinking until about 10.30am so as I can enjoy it in all its glory.

LOL :D I'll be getting out the Bubbly in the fridge! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL :D I'll be getting out the Bubbly in the fridge! :D

I hope the bubbles stick in your throat!:p
  • Options
    nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »

Because Shane walks around overhyping himself as the best thing ever, is arrogant and quite frankly, annoying, which is not too different from the character of Alfie.

1 thing that can really annoy is a character who is a con artist, does bad things but 'gets away with it' as he is a bit of a joker. Alfie has behaved terribly to a number of people yet portrays himself as hard done by, more deserving of a happy ending. And he isn;t! And this is no different to Shane!
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I feel like I am the only one who likes Alfie sometimes! :blush:

I'm indifferent to Shane Ritchie.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    He quite clearly pointed out that it was a joke.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I feel like I am the only one who likes Alfie sometimes! :blush:

I'm indifferent to Shane Ritchie.

I like him too. There's more support on Twitter for Alfie than on here though. I can only really think of two other FM's who like him.