Options

What is with all the Josie hating?

2»

Comments

• Options
    amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I couldn't take to Josie from the start. The simple country bumpkin with low self esteem and zero confidence who couldn't get a man never rang true to me and still doesn't. There are too many contradictory elements in her behaviour to make me believe she's what she portrays herself as.

I'm happy to belong to the 25% who don't think Josie is a worthy BB winner. We can't all like the same people and there's nothing wrong in that imo.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't my favourite, but I came to realise that she was actually very warm and funny and deserving :) I was biased because of her clash with Sunshine (my favourite) but that was in the early weeks, time to move on :p

I like having her in UBB because I always tend to miss previous HMs when a new series starts, so it's nice to have that link :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I think you have it almost completely backwards. She's actually one of the more vacuous HMs, and she isn't disliked because she isn't thin. Instead, that she's not thin is the basis of her popularity.

Spot on, if she'd been a size 10/12 and done the showmance thing with Crabby she'd have been out as soon as possible.
  • Options
    Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Playbhoy wrote: »
    Proud to be in the 20 plus percent that hate her.

Why on earth would you be proud to hate anyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    I disagree that she is genuine and she hasnt given me one single laugh.
    I do not dislike her for not being slim or for not being a 'bimbo' although she isnt bright now is she?
    I think she is hard, selfish and selfcentered, her self deprication is used by many shallow women to encourage people to dispute their claims.
    " Oh I'm nothing special" ... cue responses such as " no you're lovely , dont put yourself down"
    I thought she was ok for about 1 week and then gradually began to smell a rat... that rat was stinking by the time she got to the part where she turned on Keeva and threw her fit on Dave for innocently responsing to her remarks about her weight. I dont like keeva that much and i loathe dave but she was dreadful to them for nothing. As for her relentless pusuit of JJ... urgh!
    Hard as nails and not an ounce of compassion or grace resides within her.
    Thats how i see it.

I agree with pretty much all of this, good post.
    Don't worry, they represent a tiny minority, most people (75.5%) liked her enough to want her to win! :):)

Just to point out that the 'most people' you refer to doesn't really encompass the whole population, just the few left that decided to bother to vote in this sham final.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amelie74 wrote: »
    I couldn't take to Josie from the start. The simple country bumpkin with low self esteem and zero confidence who couldn't get a man never rang true to me and still doesn't. There are too many contradictory elements in her behaviour to make me believe she's what she portrays herself as.

I'm happy to belong to the 25% who don't think Josie is a worthy BB winner. We can't all like the same people and there's nothing wrong in that imo.

Same here Amelie.

Hoping for a really good UBB, I just adore Brian D. :D
  • Options
    BrotherLoveBrotherLove Posts: 2,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the contrived nature of her win via edits and the fauxmance that really rubbed me up the wrong way - and the vote to evict leaving in all the non-characters and nothing to chance on final night. That pi**ed people off and made Josie a target to vent frustration.

Constant rule breaking by switching mics off and under duvet planning was permitted to happen. And that "rate my mates" game was a total joke. The site of a woman eating all the time, sucking her thumb, lying in bed clinging onto a duvet like a two year old and moping about blaming her period as she obsesses over JJ1 in a strop was not good viewing on livefeed.

Josie was pencilled in as the winner as soon as the romance hit in and they made it happen. It was the soap storyline they look for. She had a few funny moments, but she was outshone in that house by several other housemates in terms of providing entertainment. She was the darling of highlights however and avoided being "that angry person" (her own words) she used to be, so you can't blame people for loving her as that accent wins people over. Her bad behaviour was not screened at all during highlights - others took that role as part of the soap script. She also hides her comments behind a smile and a laugh all the time.

It's a popularity contest not the best housemate contest. People vote emotionally, not logically. So everyone knew it was either her or Corin who was going to win it from week 1 - very predictable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't pretend that Josie's fans have not called other HMs like Jo and Corin or anyone who vaguely criticises JJJ horrible OTT things, safe from criticism in their AT threads.

Not everyone is going to like or idolise Josie, such is life.

I suppose some FMs don't buy her "I'm a country bumpkin, me," "doing it for all the big girls" "poor me" act and don't want to have it ruin another (and the final) BB.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    I disagree that she is genuine and she hasnt given me one single laugh.
    I do not dislike her for not being slim or for not being a 'bimbo' although she isnt bright now is she?
    I think she is hard, selfish and selfcentered, her self deprication is used by many shallow women to encourage people to dispute their claims.
    " Oh I'm nothing special" ... cue responses such as " no you're lovely , dont put yourself down"
    I thought she was ok for about 1 week and then gradually began to smell a rat... that rat was stinking by the time she got to the part where she turned on Keeva and threw her fit on Dave for innocently responsing to her remarks about her weight. I dont like keeva that much and i loathe dave but she was dreadful to them for nothing. As for her relentless pusuit of JJ... urgh!
    Hard as nails and not an ounce of compassion or grace resides within her.
    Thats how i see it.

we must have been watching a different bb,keeva was a grade a bitch which her and shabby showed tonight,as for dave you must having a laugh hes homophobic,lets be honest here i cant imagine anyone getting jj to do something he didnt want to do
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    I just never liked her from day one.

I found her totally unnatural.

I didn't like her from the beginning either
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaz75 wrote: »
    we must have been watching a different bb,keeva was a grade a bitch which her and shabby showed tonight,as for dave you must having a laugh hes homophobic,lets be honest here i cant imagine anyone getting jj to do something he didnt want to do

i think you missed the part where i said I didnt like either keeva or dave
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the contrived nature of her win via edits and the fauxmance that really rubbed me up the wrong way - and the vote to evict leaving in all the non-characters and nothing to chance on final night. That pi**ed people off and made Josie a target to vent frustration.

Constant rule breaking by switching mics off and under duvet planning was permitted to happen. And that "rate my mates" game was a total joke. The site of a woman eating all the time, sucking her thumb, lying in bed clinging onto a duvet like a two year old and moping about blaming her period as she obsesses over JJ1 in a strop was not good viewing on livefeed.

Josie was pencilled in as the winner as soon as the romance hit in and they made it happen. It was the soap storyline they look for. She had a few funny moments, but she was outshone in that house by several other housemates in terms of providing entertainment. She was the darling of highlights however and avoided being "that angry person" (her own words) she used to be, so you can't blame people for loving her as that accent wins people over. Her bad behaviour was not screened at all during highlights - others took that role as part of the soap script. She also hides her comments behind a smile and a laugh all the time.

It's a popularity contest not the best housemate contest. People vote emotionally, not logically. So everyone knew it was either her or Corin who was going to win it from week 1 - very predictable.

I agree with a lot of what you've said. Yeah, her blaming the period excuse would have been funny if it hadn't been frankly so insulting to the viewers intelligence...really? were we supposed to believe she got her period every few days and conveniently when she had just done/said something mean or bitchy? She tries to manipulate the viewers too much, imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    She said in her first week in the house - "I'm not your typical BB babe", and that's what she played on to win.

All the elements of the typical hated female housemates were there however, it was hidden behind some 'indeering' traits.

- She joined the bully Sunshine bandwagon over the crisps, calling her a "bitch" and making sure the house was against her. Her bitchy side was actually evident in the first week where she'd lie in bed with Govan and make her spiteful comments.
    - Slagged off Corin for weeks, calling her fake and horrible, then pretends to be her best friend for the rest of the remaining weeks.
    - The episode with Keeva as well. Turned the house against her basically because she chased John James around when she was drunk. Nothing to be annoyed about yet Josie slags off her friend relentlessly til she leaves.
    - Complained about her weight constantly, when Dave tried to make her feel better about herself she went off on one to make Dave look bad and to show her vulnerability and insecurity - do me a favour.

Along with the fake romance with JJ, I'm totally bemused as to how she pulled off the win.

Her self-deprication obviously played a huge role, although this was often so people would compliment and praise her. Being un-lady like was obviously indeering to some people too.

I think Josie's beautiful but let's say if she looked like the the 1st Rachel, I doubt people would be so forgiving of her bitchiness and nasty ways.

Reasonabley entertaining but nothing out of the ordinary, and not a nice person either. Terrible decision from the public in my opinion.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets face it if Josie was up against any real competition like JJ, Coirin, Sam then their not a chance she would have claimed such a huge percentage of votes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive always hated Josie. She is a two-faced, manipulative bitch and a master gameplayer. I noticed this since week 2 in BB11.

Shes a nasty piece of work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Larkenn wrote: »
    Ive always hated Josie. She is a two-faced, manipulative bitch and a master gameplayer. I noticed this since week 2 in BB11.

Shes a nasty piece of work.

I dont hate her, but if you watched LF she certainly wasnt a worthy BB11 winner thats for sure. The Hl were the reason Josie won, that and lack of any real competition at the end and not being up throughout the entire series. I do Think she wont come of as well in this house with much nicer personalities, bigger personalities and getting in with Ulrika.
  • Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lisa_joli wrote: »
    She was funny, genuine, unaffected, self-deprecating and a desrving winner. She wasn't a brainless bimbo or a wannabe TV presenter/popstar. I've watched all the BBs since the very first one and she is one of the housemates I've liked the most along with Brian Dowling and Anna. Just because she isn't a stereotypical stick thin vacuous bimbo she seems to be hated. Whilst she isn't skinny by any stretch of the imagination, so what - she is really lovely looking and I think a lot of the antipathy towards her is jealousy tbh.

Similiarly wrt Ulrika, why was she booed on the way in? Maybe because she is intelligent and doesn't apologise for being who she is?

Save the venom for mysoginistic idiots like John Mc********, not for Josie - a bright intelligent women who is unapologetic about not conforming to a stereotype.
    Just because you thought she contained these traits, doesn't mean she did, or that others thought she did. Intelligent? Not by a longshot. Vacuous is a good word for her. I'll give you that she's not a bimbo, though -- merely pathetically desperate. She has ATROCIOUS taste in men. As for being genuine and unaffected, I loathed the way she played up to the cameras, so I'd guess those are a no in my book, as well. Nor would I class her as funny. Occasionally, she'd be in a funny situation, but it wasn't her being funny.

She was a boring, spend-her-time-under-the-duvet, controlling, thumb-sucking irritant.

Ulrika? She was just another totally boring person who for some stupid reason (British voters) won.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    I dont hate her, but if you watched LF she certainly wasnt a worthy BB11 winner thats for sure. The Hl were the reason Josie won, that and lack of any real competition at the end and not being up throughout the entire series. I do Think she wont come of as well in this house with much nicer personalities, bigger personalities and getting in with Ulrika.

Im hoping thats her downfall. I dont think i could take her winning UBB also :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People here are bitter because there's a sweet, funny, happy girl who won over the country. Hate the favorite. Don't see what's in front of your face.

Josie rules!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maltesepup wrote: »
    I agree with a lot of what you've said. Yeah, her blaming the period excuse would have been funny if it hadn't been frankly so insulting to the viewers intelligence...really? were we supposed to believe she got her period every few days and conveniently when she had just done/said something mean or bitchy? She tries to manipulate the viewers too much, imo.

Its unnatural how often she claimed to eb that way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Larkenn wrote: »
    Im hoping thats her downfall. I dont think i could take her winning UBB also :cry:

Josie may be nice/have good oneliners at times but come on does she really deserve to be Ulimate BB housemate>??? Id be embarrassed if she is.
  • Options
    CHARMER1CHARMER1 Posts: 9,026
    Forum Member
    amelie74 wrote: »

I agree.

I dont like girls like her, she is a financial advisor and so she isint quite a thick as she makes out. the "alright Love" is another thing I dislike.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well maybe some of us remember her moments of pure bullying from earlier on in the series. Bullying is never a trait that I find attractive in a person. I can forgive a lot of traits but I've never liked a bully :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More to the point, whats all this Josie loving:confused: She is a nobody no charm no intelect no character just a fat slob on a reality show.IMO.:)
  • Options
    MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like Josie because of the way she bullied Sunshine during Crispgate. In my opinion, her nomance with JJ1 completely killed the show this year.

As for the 75%, the fact that BB insisted on closing the lines 5 minutes into the final last night - something they'd never done before - indicates that the voting figures for Josie weren't that high and they were running scared of another HM winning.