Daily Mail Front Page

Comments

• hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »

Ive just seen that. Wonder if they are saying that the public are turning against her and that's why Simon was in the dance off. I cant see that is the reason but you know what papers are like.

It could also be something completely different.
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    I think it has naff all to do with Kristina's love life.
    Simon was put in a dangerous position in the leaderboard, thanks in no part to Donny's frankly idiotic scoring (see Scott, Mark...). Time and time again on Strictly, it has been shown that bottom place is actually quite a safe position and actually, the upper part of the bottom half of the leaderboard can be a deadly place to be.
    That, coupled with the fact he did a mediocre dance = people not voting.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, today they announced that Jennifer was the FIRST contestant to leave Strictly, so I wouldn't expect this article to be any more fact based.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    Well, today they announced that Jennifer was the FIRST contestant to leave Strictly, so I wouldn't expect this article to be any more fact based.

Sorry you're being unfair, she was the first to leave...err..this week.
    It's not the Mail's fault no one left after her.

Err.. Sorry, I take neither this programme nor the Mail that seriously, but it winds a few up if they think I do.
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is obviously a really bad day for serious news!
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes newspapers like to make the news instead of report the news. Maybe they are still fuming at her Ascot stunt.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    It is obviously a really bad day for serious news!

The Daily Mail is not the place to look for serious news!
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry you're being unfair, she was the first to leave...err..this week.
    It's not the Mail's fault no one left after her.

Err.. Sorry, I take neither this programme nor the Mail that seriously, but it winds a few up if they think I do.

I think the DM missed a trick. As the dance off was between two Irish people, a black man and a Russian immigrant, I'm surprised they didn't run it as a failure of multiculturalism story.

I don't take the DM seriously either.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    The Daily Mail is not the place to look for serious news!

True, but if you think you're feeling a bit too happy for a change, a dose of the Daily Mail can help you to return to a normal depressed feeling about the state of our country.
  • tonycollins100tonycollins100 Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As for their "Raunchy Rihanoff" description, comparing her 2015 calendar with that of a certain Mrs Jordan, I would have though that "prim" would have been a better word to have used. But I guess words such as that do not sell newspapers.
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just from the headline (which I saw pointed up on a can't-remember-which TV programme) I thought she must have been wearing the white shirt as a result of pre-show complaints about her "raunchy" outfit :confused: I had wondered if it was covering up bruises... or something. It looked seriously out of place, IMHO.
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,380
    Forum Member
    Do the dancers have any say over their outfits for the dances. I only ask as the DM make reference to her scimpy outfits. If they are designed for her by the designers/dressers then they should be taken to task for adding to Kristina's reputation of being rauncy. She is stunning to look at and uses her body to show off her assets but surely the programme makers can say it is not wise for her to act like this at this time if they felt it was a dance step too far. As I have allways said the media build people up and then swiftly knock them down again to get headlines. Though it doesn't help that she sometimes fall for the charms of her partners:blush:
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange how so many posters love to run down the DM regardless of the subject.

I wonder what other papers they read?

Perhaps DS is unique in having a monopoly of readers of 'serious' newspapers, even perhaps most of the actual readership of that champion of truth, when and if it suits them, the Guardian.
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,380
    Forum Member

I wonder what other papers they read?

Perhaps DS is unique in having a monopoly of readers of 'serious' newspapers, even perhaps most of the actual readership of that champion of truth, when and if it suits them, the Guardian.

I read the report after seeing it on Breakfast this morning. I am not running down the DM but reflecting on the the story which is probably in other papers as well. BTW I am not a reader of the Guardian either just a poster who asked a question:)
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    I think the DM missed a trick. As the dance off was between two Irish people, a black man and a Russian immigrant, I'm surprised they didn't run it as a failure of multiculturalism story.

I don't take the DM seriously either.

I hooted at this :D
  • J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really is a silly article though, inaccurate, and very unfair on Kristina. Not a good idea for Simon to think that was the reason they were in the bottom two either! It dosnt matter if the DM is a 'serious' paper or not there are, unfortunately, plenty of people who will believe it!
    "The ‘Siberian siren’ and her celebrity dance partner Simon Webbe narrowly avoided elimination from the BBC1 show last night after the voting public punished her for a routine – and an outfit – that left very little to the imagination."
    Fortunately most of the people leaving comments are rubbishing it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    The Daily Mail is a festering sewer of hatred, misogyny, and racial intolerance. It is all that is worst about modern society - on one hand pontificating about looose morals and declining standards in society ( generally with some spelling and grammatical errors for good measure), and on the other pages and pages of self-publicing nonentities in barely there outfits pouting and writhing away. It has one mission, to stir up hatred - usually of women!
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember a short ad from Mock the Week: "DM. Being racist so that you don't have to be." Pretty much sums it up.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think the Beeb is writing copy for the DM press lately? It sure has put the show in the limelight - James, Ola, Kristina's always good for a cycle or two...

And no, I'm certainly not convinced they're the source of it. But otoh, I certainly would not be surprised ;-) Controversy is the lifeblood of reality shows. Any kind - maybe even the uglier the better.
  • MisterDuckMisterDuck Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Because it's a nasty, spiteful paper for nasty, spiteful people.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Robert Peston, Radio 4's Today programme often has its agenda set by the Daily Mail :o The DM has the morality of a cheap tabloid often dressed up as spurious concern, sympathy or outrage.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misogynistic rubbish from the DM as always.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail is a festering sewer of hatred, misogyny, and racial intolerance. It is all that is worst about modern society - on one hand pontificating about looose morals and declining standards in society ( generally with some spelling and grammatical errors for good measure), and on the other pages and pages of self-publicing nonentities in barely there outfits pouting and writhing away. It has one mission, to stir up hatred - usually of women!

I take it you don't like the newspaper.

It is just a popular newspaper but has never descended to the level of smears that the Mirror has but that is a Left wing newspaper so it is excused things like that.

I must admit I have never noticed any of the hatred of women that you claim.
  • BelgoLiftBelgoLift Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what the response of the BBC will be. If any.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Kristina :(:(
    She just cant catch a break, cant she :( ?