Options

Who's the best male celeberity dancer?

who do you believe is the BEST dancer of all the males.... I've not individually included Ben and Mark as lets be honest.... they aren't the best :cool:

Best male celebrity dancer? 99 votes

Patrick Robinson
47% 47 votes
Ashley Taylor-Dawson
35% 35 votes
Other
17% 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    poll up soon
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What no Mark. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony Jacklin
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't vote because I think Ashley and Patrick are much of a muchness but I prefer Ben and Mark.
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its really hard because I really like both Patrick & Ashley of them and think they are good dancers but I voted for Patrick
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I don't think any of them are great. Ashley would probably be better than Patrick if he didn't have such a hectic schedule.
  • Options
    coastinbearcoastinbear Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    Nicely biased poll here! Well done OP!
  • Options
    daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they've got different strengths and weaknesses which puts them on a level playing field.

Patrick's ballroom frame isn't the best and his footwork in Latin is pretty sticky, but, he does have a natural rhythm and musicality that helps to hide it.

Ashley's frame is pretty good but he always has tension in his neck which makes it look awkward, although it has improved in his past two dances. His footwork does sometimes look messy too.

I don't think either of them are better than the other, but since my favourites Ashley I voted for him in the poll :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nicely biased poll here! Well done OP!

Are you trying to honestly suggest that Ben and Mark are better dancers than Patrick and Ashley... :confused:
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    think they are very similar both have probs in frame or headline etc very even
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There are more than two male celebrities left in the competition, and this thread is set up as a poll to find out what all forum members think. Note that "Other" currently accounts for one third of the votes cast at the time of writing.
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your thread was entitled "Who is the better male celebrity dancer, Ashley or Patrick?" then that would be nicer than deliberately omitting Ben and Mark.

A and P leave me cold. Ben and Mark have charisma, warmth, charm and humour, and the personality they bring to their dancing cheers and moves me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you trying to honestly suggest that Ben and Mark are better dancers than Patrick and Ashley... :confused:

Well to be completely honest. I really think you should have put all 4 names.

'Best' is a subjective word based on lots of different things. For me Dance is not all about technique & I am not being difficult to stupid, just completely honest when I say that the ONLY man from the four left that I look forward to seeing & the only one I have or will vote for is Mark Benton.

No he isn't technically better than Ashley or Patrick but his sheer joy is infectious, so for me he is the 'best'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If your thread was entitled "Who is the better male celebrity dancer, Ashley or Patrick?" then that would be nicer than deliberately omitting Ben and Mark.

A and P leave me cold. Ben and Mark have charisma, warmth, charm and humour, and the personality they bring to their dancing cheers and moves me.

That's a matter of opinion. Ben has looks, but I'd hardly say he has charisma. A pretty face is all some people need I guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I would change the poll to include all 4 names however i can't now, sorry
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member

If the poll was 'who is your favourite male celebrity?' then yes, that would be perfect reasoning. But the poll is 'who is the best male celebrity dancer?', which I take to mean the best technical dancer, regardless of whether they leave you cold, warm or tepid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Start another one OP & let this one drop. I would be interested to see the votes for each of the four left.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would change the poll to include all 4 names however i can't now, sorry

Or just change it to "Who's the better male celebrity dancer (excluding the cupboards)? :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Start another one OP & let this one drop. I would be interested to see the votes for each of the four left.

People will just vote for their favourite though, which makes the whole thing pointless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    j4Rose wrote: »
    People will just vote for their favourite though, which makes the whole thing pointless.

So, instead, we're only allowed to vote for the OP's designated "best two" dancers, which makes this thread pointless?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So, instead, we're only allowed to vote for the OP's designated "best two" dancers, which makes this thread pointless?

Patrick and Ashley are much better technical dancers than the other two. It isn't the OP's fault if some people can't be objective.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's odd, but we have a thread complaining about the "haters".

Yet here we have a thread asking for our opinion about the best male dancer that only allows the choice between two out of four - deliberately ignoring the other two as "not good enough".

And elsewhere we have a thread asking "who is the best dancer after Natalie", which presupposes that all forum members consider Natalie to be the best dancer.

The reverse of "haters"?
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has to be Anton
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    That's a matter of opinion. Ben has looks, but I'd hardly say he has charisma. A pretty face is all some people need I guess.

A nice bum and fantastic biceps help too ;):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's odd, but we have a thread complaining about the "haters".

Yet here we have a thread asking for our opinion about the best male dancer that only allows the choice between two out of four - deliberately ignoring the other two as "not good enough".

And elsewhere we have a thread asking "who is the best dancer after Natalie", which presupposes that all forum members consider Natalie to be the best dancer.

The reverse of "haters"?

I've given Ben and Mark an option called "Other", and at the moment it is clear that combined people still think they aren't as good a A and P! So how does that make me a "hater" :confused: