Options

ED - Finn Barton (spoilers)

Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,387
Forum Member
Very intrigued to see the following spoiler in the "Next Week" section of Inside Soap...

"The Bartons are on a manhunt when a drink with a stranger leads to serious trouble for poor Finn"

Speculate away ;)

Comments

• Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Press Office spoilers he
    has a date with a stranger that goes badly wrong and he is then found in critical condition.In the next episode it states his nightmare isn't over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    According to Press Office spoilers he
    has a date with a stranger that goes badly wrong and he is then found in critical condition.In the next episode it states his nightmare isn't over.

Oh dear :( Poor Finn!!

Are we looking at a possible
    Date rape

storyline??
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    I bet Ross will hunt the stranger down and give him a good bollocking.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Date rape

storyline??

Sounds as if he
    is victim of a violent homophobic attack but he could also have been raped too judging by the spoiler of his nightmare not being over.No idea if that will be the case though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    I bet Ross will hunt the stranger down and give him a good bollocking.

He better had!

He's supposed to look out for his little brother. Pete and Ross wont let this go!
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Blimey.

Finn's been a bit of a comedy character so far (and he's great at it, a real joy to watch) but this is big time drama. Interesting. I like how they had him missing his Mum as well. I'm a lot more interested in Finn's reaction to all this than Adam's really.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow this sounds like a very good storyline. I love Finn and I agree that's he's been a bit of a comedy character but Joe's shown that he's good at dramatic stuff too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey.

Finn's been a bit of a comedy character so far (and he's great at it, a real joy to watch) but this is big time drama. Interesting. I like how they had him missing his Mum as well. I'm a lot more interested in Finn's reaction to all this than Adam's really.

I wonder if that's somehow involved in this storyline.. they made a point of showing his missing / looking for his mum and then nothing since.
    Although obviously blAndeh having his arm chopped off has taken precedence
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I wonder if that's somehow involved in this storyline.. they made a point of showing his missing / looking for his mum and then nothing since.
    Although obviously blAndeh having his arm chopped off has taken precedence

Hope so, yeah. I find mysteriously missing Emma mighty mysterious. He needs his Mum. :cry:

BIB: :D Poor Handy Andy. An amputation story would be good, but quite hard to do I'd have thought, unless he hides it up his sleeve forever after.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Date rape

storyline??

More sinister, I think.
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when has Finn been a comedy character:confused: i think he's a tedious morose character and by far the least interesting of all the Bartons and that is saying something. The actor is also atrociously wooden with a blank miserable face dilivering lines in monotone fashion like he's just read them off the back of a packet of cornflakes. Joint second worst actor with the lad who plays Robbie with the unbelievably bad dan and Sean Spencer at number one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    Since when has Finn been a comedy character:confused: i think he's a tedious more character and by far the least interesting of all the Bartons and that is s ayoing something. The actor is also atrociously wooden with a blank miserable face dilivering lines in monotone fashion like he's just read them off the back of a packet of cornflakes. Joint second worst actor with the lad who plays Robbie with the unbelievably bad Sean Spencer at number one.

:D can always rely on you for a balanced view Spunger :D

a chip on both shoulders ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope so, yeah. I find mysteriously missing Emma mighty mysterious. He needs his Mum. :cry:

BIB: :D Poor Handy Andy. An amputation story would be good, but quite hard to do I'd have thought, unless he hides it up his sleeve forever after.

We both know that blAndeh will be back at work without a care in the world next
    week... oh there may be an episode where he "falls ill because of his ill advised self discharge" (oo-er! missus!) but ultimately he'll be right as rain and it'll all be forgotten in about a fortnight.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they don't break his glasses
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who'd want to be gay in ED

Jackson - splatted by a train
    Aaron - miserable git who took a razor to himself after trying to kill himself

And now poor Finn getting his share of trauma........
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, sheepiefarm!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Aaron should have tried a bit harder.

Ali and Ruby do OK. And Gorgeous Paul had plenty of angst but nothing physical that I remember.

I don't think the gay characters have a monopoly on getting splatted. :D

eta: I'm looking forward to this Finn stuff though. I really like him.
  • Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    The way Sam is being written (lonely, pathetic, creepy and willing to break the law) they will probably have him as the one that does it.
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, but Zoe Tate was AWESOME.

Exploding stately homes, helicopters, the works.

Shame about the schizophrenia, murder of all her family and having to flee the Dales.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    spunger wrote: »
    Since when has Finn been a comedy character:confused: i think he's a tedious morose character and by far the least interesting of all the Bartons and that is saying something. The actor is also atrociously wooden with a blank miserable face dilivering lines in monotone fashion like he's just read them off the back of a packet of cornflakes. Joint second worst actor with the lad who plays Robbie with the unbelievably bad dan and Sean Spencer at number one.

Awww spunger, be nice, have a happy birthday.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    Yes, but Zoe Tate was AWESOME.

Exploding stately homes, helicopters, the works.

Shame about the schizophrenia, murder of all her family and having to flee the Dales.

swings and roundabouts, eh ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it strange that in the first part of the interview (with Emmerdale's producer), Finn/Aaron and the Bartons are discussed, but this storyline isn't even mentioned......
  • Options
    RadicalNatureRadicalNature Posts: 5,104
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I find it strange that in the first part of the interview (with Emmerdale's producer), Finn/Aaron and the Bartons are discussed, but this storyline isn't even mentioned......

Ditto... I think it might be because it's linked in with somebody else non-Barton.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not what we thought it was. It's still interesting though.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a584173/emmerdale-finn-barton-targeted-in-shock-murder-plan.html

Surely it will be something to do with either Ross or the guy Finn dated when he pretended to be Declan?
  • Options
    Trish_GardinerTrish_Gardiner Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    How about this is the revenge of the jewellery shops owners son whom Ross attacked when he robbed the place for donna maybe with Pete and finn turning up at the hospital they have somehow figured out and got the wrong guy maybe Pete is next hmmmm. Or maybe the guy that finn dated when he pretend to be declan maybe he has hired some guy to teach finn that pretending to be someone else is a really bad idea. Or could have something to do with newcomer daz after all he did arrange for the shop to be done over.
    Just my theories