What do you think of people who try free samples in supermarkets?

rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
Forum Member
✭✭
Shameless and uncouth is what I think.

In Sainburys woman was asking people try poppadoms and a new relish. The shoppers who were shameless enough to eat in public I would categorise as a certain 'type' for sure. Plus regardless of that the hygiene issues of dipping poppadoms in a pot where hundreds of people have been before you is just disgusting. Dead skin and fecal matter most definitely would of fell into it.

Comments

• cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I think you are an idiot, Does that count?
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think nothing and eat my free sample
  • miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're being a bit OTT. There's nothing wrong with people trying free samples.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rufusrain wrote: »
    The shoppers who were shameless enough to eat in public I would categorise as a certain 'type' for sure.
    Dead skin and fecal matter most definitely would of fell into it.
    Oh dear, so nearly a convincing Hyacinth Bouquet. And then a grammitacal faux pas
    *sniff*
    "I love the smell of WUM in the morning" ;-)
  • marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like trying samples. They're always on plates or in little pots, ive never seen people helping themselves.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shameless! Think on next time you pick up half a dozen carrots in Sainsbury's, who's been pawing at them and dropping their dead skin and wiping their poo riddled hands all over them :o They should stop selling food in supermarkets full stop!
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Good grief! Are you being serious?

Peanuts on the bar in pubs may have been contaminated ,but in a supermarket? Doubtful! Most people are sober in supermarkets and so will have remembered to wash their hands! And if it's past a certain time at night in a pub then who gives a 4xxxx?!
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, so nearly a convincing Hyacinth Bouquet. And then a grammitacal faux pas
    *sniff*
    "I love the smell of WUM in the morning" ;-)

Not to mention 'fell' being used incorrectly!
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I try to walk past free samples, little pickers wear bigger knickers :p

Not fussed if other people eat them.
  • rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you're being a bit OTT. There's nothing wrong with people trying free samples.

There is a reason pubs have stopped putting free peanuts etc.. on the bar tops. It's because it very unhygienic, Plus eating with your fingers in public with out even washing your hands, just nasty.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aren't you supposed to try free samples?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    This one ran out of steam pretty quickly and must have taken days to scrape the bottom of the barrel with this latest lame effort.

Saying that, I'd stab that greedy bastard in the Leerdammer advert in his eye with a cocktail stick if I was that shop assistant.
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Is not eating in restaurants eating in public unless you have the restaurant to yourself
  • PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shameless and uncouth is what I think.

In Sainburys woman was asking people try poppadoms and a new relish. The shoppers who were shameless enough to eat in public I would categorise as a certain 'type' for sure. Plus regardless of that the hygiene issues of dipping poppadoms in a pot where hundreds of people have been before you is just disgusting. Dead skin and fecal matter most definitely would of fell into it.
    This has to be a new low for DS - which really is saying something. Well done.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Oh good grief, are you serious?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    Is not eating in restaurants eating in public unless you have the restaurant to yourself

By jove, it is! And having worked in restaurant kitchens myself ....... the OP should have more to worry about than the odd free nibble of a poppadom :o ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    OP, moderately true I would say IMO.

I find people who try free samples inferior. One thing that arises from taking free samples, and I really do question, what is the purpose of free samples in the first case? It is highly unlikely for anyone to 'try it out', and then go on to buy the product at hand. Subsequently, I think the only people that would take free samples are those that somewhat "want" something that has no cost(s) incorporated.

Just as an example, I can recall observing people trying out free fragrance samples at one store (Debenhams I think it was), and then walking off with no interest in actually buying the product or even "testing out" any other scent for their preferences.. I find this ridiculous. Moochers!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should stop selling food in supermarkets full stop!
    Did you mean '.'
    That would have saved 9 characters.
    BTW - what would you know about supermarkets. They have CASHIERS you know.
    And they all have numbers ...

(that's her gone :D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aren't you supposed to try free samples?
    Bloody foreigners ... :D
  • rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »

Yes but that's a sit down affair using cutlery. Not some nasty, shameless, unhygienic, free for all. God knows who has eaten at the trough just before you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By jove, it is! And having worked in restaurant kitchens myself ....... the OP should have more to worry about than the odd free nibble of a poppadom :o ;-)
    *near death from sniggering*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW - what would you know about supermarkets. They have CASHIERS you know.
    And they all have numbers ...

(that's her gone :D:D:D:D

>:( You've been bursting to get that out haven't you, you sod!

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Where I'm 'for' trying free samples, I am totally against taking them for your own interests and the fact it's free, rather than giving your feedback or sense towards it.
  • PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sueeeh wrote: »
    I find people who try free samples inferior.

Wow. That is Proper W@nker.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but that's a sit down affair using cutlery. Not some nasty, shameless, unhygienic, free for all. God knows who has eaten at the trough just before you.
    Ah. therein lies your problem.
    Exits, pursued by bear that hasn't washed one's hands before eating ///