Options

Abba - Chiquititta

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
Forum Member
I was just watching one of the music channels and they were counting down the best xmas songs and Chiquititta was in the list.

Now I don't really see the connection with this song and xmas. I know the video has the band singing in front of a huge snowman but thats clutching at straws a bit isn't it??

I would have thought that Abba's Happy New Year was more appropriate and there's a video for it as well.

Comments

• Options
    MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    I agree i saw that and thought the very same :rolleyes:
  • Options
    2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it originally out at Christmas?

They also played Michael Jackson's Earth Song which obviously not a Christmas song was a Christmas number one.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that song :)
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just watching one of the music channels and they were counting down the best xmas songs and Chiquititta was in the list.

Now I don't really see the connection with this song and xmas. I know the video has the band singing in front of a huge snowman but thats clutching at straws a bit isn't it??

Is it 'cos they'se from Lapland ?

:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it originally out at Christmas?

They also played Michael Jackson's Earth Song which obviously not a Christmas song was a Christmas number one.

No. It was a hit in February!!
  • Options
    2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that case they've well and truly cocked up. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Well someone must have read this post, cause they're doing another xmas countdown on VH1 and now they're playing Happy New Year!!