Simon seemed to take a dislike to Laura over the last .....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 677
Forum Member
✭✭
couple of weeks .. she could do nothing right in his eyes... wonder if it had anything to do with the recent media interest in her boyfriend :confused:

At the start he was raving about her being possible world class blah blah blah ... yet didn't hesitate to vote her off tonight! :(

Comments

• slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    funny how he has gone off her so quickly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,285
    Forum Member
    I've been supprised over Simon's comments of Laura's performance's lately. It's obvious he was realising how good Laura is and felt she was a threat to his one and only act left.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Think you may be on to something re the boyfriend. 'Tis strange isn't it?
  • Amy86Amy86 Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    shes out because of the threat to diana thats it really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He just seemed to turn on her, did her. He went from "one billion per cent yes, love you", through all those great comments that made her blush and then he just turned on her. Maybe she was a threat, maybe he was sick of not having anything bad to say about any of Cheryl's acts... but I think his nastiness had a real effect on voters when it came to Laura and that's really sad. :(
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Siannah wrote: »
    I've been supprised over Simon's comments of Laura's performance's lately. It's obvious he was realising how good Laura is and felt she was a threat to his one and only act left.

Exactly, after tonight I have gone off him in a big way.
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Exactly, after tonight I have gone off him in a big way.

I've always liked Simon, and have respected his views....until recently. I too have gone off the guy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    luvnlight wrote: »
    couple of weeks .. she could do nothing right in his eyes... wonder if it had anything to do with the recent media interest in her boyfriend :confused:

At the start he was raving about her being possible world class blah blah blah ... yet didn't hesitate to vote her off tonight! :(

He went off her very quickly, i think its when he realized he wanted diana to win not her, he had to get rid of the competition. Ruth is less competition than laura in the long run.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura dating someone connected to the show, leads to accusations and therefore brings his show into disrepute.

If Simon Cowell does feel this way, then it's understandable really.
  • KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is very very fickle.

He had a problem with Ruth in the first few weeks and now suddenly adores her.
    Laura was his darling in week 1 and he turned on her suddenly.
    Alexandra was a copycat and now she's one of his favourites.
  • love_bblove_bb Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its becasue Simon realised how popular Diana was! So he turned on Laura jsut like that! You can tell it was contrived as well, he didnt mena a word he was saying!
    And the whole oh you need to be more like Diana thing, clinched it for me!
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    utoia2007 wrote: »
    He went off her very quickly, i think its when he realized he wanted diana to win not her, he had to get rid of the competition. Ruth is less competition than laura in the long run.
    spot on
  • piranhafishpiranhafish Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is the boyfriend issue

No real big deal, but imagine the whispers and nudges if she kept going through

Not good for the image of the show really
    Forum Member
    Laura dating someone connected to the show, leads to accusations and therefore brings his show into disrepute.

If Simon Cowell feels this way, then it's understandable really.

I can't understand how it's understandable. Matthew hasn't got any influence over the shows, or any for that matter.

Laura was robbed tonight.
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy86 wrote: »
    shes out because of the threat to diana thats it really.

My thoughts entirely :)
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One week he thinks someone's fabulous - next he thinks they're rubbish - he's never been consistent - I think he just goes on whims...
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't understand how it's understandable. Matthew hasn't got any influence over the shows, or any for that matter.

Robbed of what?

Another couple of weeks in the show?

Because it's highly likely that's all she had left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is weird how he went off her just like that
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Simon doesn't want Eoghan to win.

There has been a swing back towards Alexandra, it seems. For the first 4 weeks, Laura was given the best slots on the show. For the first 3 weeks, she got exceptional praise that often skated over flaws as in MJ week. Only last week did Simon start to criticise her a bit and this week he properly criticised her.

Meanwhile, since week 3, Simon has been heaping praise on Alexandra in ever increasing amounts.

It looks like they have jumped ship, perhaps HMS White was destined for an iceberg and they realised there was nothing they could do about it? Even last week, they announced her name last before the bottom 2, which some theories suggest is a way of creating suspense among fans and getting them to vote the next week (Austin was last announced 2 weeks in a row before he went).

But this week seemed to be the peak of the turnaround, timed very well.

Just look at how they have hopped on board to support Diana and JLS due to internet activity (which may well be translating into votes)? Laura still had some backing last week, perhaps her figures are going down, because this week they seemed totally against her. They ride the waves of public support, and will steer the show towards that. Last year, when it became clear Leon could win (he supposedly started topping votes midway through) the comments started to become more positive. Meanwhile, Hope were reduced to tabloid fodder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Laura was indeed robbed.

The boyfriend might have hurt her because some members of the public don't appear to realise that he's not a producer of the show and therefore has no influence. The story has been totally misconstrued. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon does seem to have done an about turn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's as though she had suddenly offended him in some way .. she looked totally confused at his sudden change in attitude toward her :(

I think it just goes to show that £££££ mean everything .. if he picked up that Diana is popular with the teens and as he seems obsessed with the High School Musical genre at the mo .. he's prob kicking himself he didn't think of it first!!! He was hoping Same Difference would bag that market for him, so maybe he's hoping he'll crack it with Eggnog and Diana.

Ruth will earn the ££££ for him in the latin genre .. just goes to show how callous the industry is really. The rest are just cannon fodder :(
    Forum Member
    Robbed of what?

Another couple of weeks in the show?

Because it's highly likely that's all she had left.

Robbed, as in SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN VOTED OFF! That's what I meant, as you read it.

Another couple of weeks, I don't think so. Laura is one of the best singers, who also has a lovely personality to match.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we saw her best bits it was clear she had been moulded into something she wasn't. Simon was right to point out that her makeover was more than just clothes, her whole style had disappeared. We weren't seeing the real Laura anymore, and I think whoever was behind that messed up badly. They allowed Diana to travel the quirky route, but Laura was all that too.
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »
    Simon doesn't want Eoghan to win.

There has been a swing back towards Alexandra, it seems. For the first 4 weeks, Laura was given the best slots on the show. For the first 3 weeks, she got exceptional praise that often skated over flaws as in MJ week. Only last week did Simon start to criticise her a bit and this week he properly criticised her.

Meanwhile, since week 3, Simon has been heaping praise on Alexandra in ever increasing amounts.

It looks like they have jumped ship, perhaps HMS White was destined for an iceberg and they realised there was nothing they could do about it? Even last week, they announced her name last before the bottom 2, which some theories suggest is a way of creating suspense among fans and getting them to vote the next week (Austin was last announced 2 weeks in a row before he went).

But this week seemed to be the peak of the turnaround, timed very well.

Just look at how they have hopped on board to support Diana and JLS due to internet activity (which may well be translating into votes)? Laura still had some backing last week, perhaps her figures are going down, because this week they seemed totally against her. They ride the waves of public support, and will steer the show towards that. Last year, when it became clear Leon could win (he supposedly started topping votes midway through) the comments started to become more positive. Meanwhile, Hope were reduced to tabloid fodder.

Exellent post. Makes perfect sense. :)