Explosion at Boston Marathon (Part 2)

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mordirith wrote: »
    Sounds normal for a Muslim

No it doesn't. But then don't let that stop you ..
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Should anyone be paying any attention to what the mother has to say?
    Hmmm yeah, she thinks they want to kill her? She wouldn't have put the idea that Americans want to kill all Muslims in her sons head would she:rolleyes::confused:?
    Sounds normal for a Muslim.

I can't understand why Islam is legal in civilized countries. It's a political ideology like Nazism. Mein Kampf is banned in several countries but the Qu'ran, which is worse isn't.
    Wahhabism or Salafism maybe, most Muslims don't follow those branches. Interesting comments by exiled moderate Chechen leader Akhmed Zakayev just on CNN Amanpour, that he thinks the Russians have deliberately allowed Islamist ideology/jihadism to flower in the Caucasuses so they can then use that as a reason to crush any talk of independence, could just be paranoia on his part though.
  • PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The death penalty should be mandatory for terrorists and their supporters.

You're more than welcome to pay for the death penalty. I'd rather we eliminated that archaic expensive tradition.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Excellent idea. They can just do it themselves with a backpack full of explosives.

Shame about the collateral damage.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're more than welcome to pay for the death penalty. I'd rather we eliminated that archaic expensive tradition.

More expensive to keep them in prison for life
  • MordirithMordirith Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'll quite happily pay 10p per bullet instead of keeping those worthless worms alive for several £thousand per year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the carjack victim has told police that Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his brother pointed guns at him and, in an apparent effort to intimidate the victim and dissaude him from trying anything foolish, Tamerlan Tsarnaev told him, “We just killed a cop. We blew up the marathon. And now we’re going to New York. Don’t [expletive] with us.”

http://boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04/23/source-marathon-bombing-suspect-admitted-that-and-brother-detonated-bombs-killed-police-officer/vgg8evm9RKMF8dTArtRb9L/story.html
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Should anyone be paying any attention to what the mother has to say?

She's the mother of two guilty parties, so it's definitely a no.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the carjack victim has told police that Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his brother pointed guns at him and, in an apparent effort to intimidate the victim and dissaude him from trying anything foolish, Tamerlan Tsarnaev told him, “We just killed a cop. We blew up the marathon. And now we’re going to New York. Don’t [expletive] with us.”

http://boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04/23/source-marathon-bombing-suspect-admitted-that-and-brother-detonated-bombs-killed-police-officer/vgg8evm9RKMF8dTArtRb9L/story.html

Not very well thought out if that was an actual plan rather than bravado as New York's security went through the roof as soon as the bombs went off in Boston.
  • slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cancelled out by:

“Surely whoever associates (others) with Allah, then Allah has forbidden to him the garden, and his abode is the fire; and there shall be no helpers for the unjust.”

(Surah al-Mā’ida 5:72)

The early chapters are over ruled by the later.

http://www.quranicstudies.com/law/an-overview-of-abrogation-in-the-quran-and-islamic-law-a-critical-study-of-the-concept-of-naskh-and-its-impact/

As i told you in an earlier post every religion believes it is the true path. Yes it mentions punishment by Allah. It doesn't say kill them for not believing in Allah. What do you expect it to say? When a belief system has a concept of heaven and hell good and evil truth and falsehood of course it is going to say this.

I don't know how you think this overrules the verses about conduct towards your fellow man. These are actions that you need to have on every day life. The other is saying that if you choose the wrong path then god will punish you. But given the context of the Quran that is pretty obvious as its said to be then true word of god.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Mother of the Boston Bombers has said to a CNN reporter:

"They can kill me now, I will shout Allahu Akbar!"
    Video

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#/video/world/2013/04/23/bts-tsarnaev-mother-talks-to-cnn.cnn

also adds as she was leaving:

"they were being killed just because they were Muslim, nothing else!"

she seems to be on the arm of a man who isn't the father of the suspects, there were reports they were separated or divorced but some relatives denied it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slick1two wrote: »
    As i told you in an earlier post every religion believes it is the true path. Yes it mentions punishment by Allah. It doesn't say kill them for not believing in Allah. What do you expect it to say? When a belief system has a concept of heaven and hell good and evil truth and falsehood of course it is going to say this.

There have been 20,742 terrorist attacks by islamists since 9/11.

The number of terrorist attacks by other groups is so insignificant it's not even worth talking about.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member

That would involve knocking out good number of people in Boston! Perhaps the Tsarnaevs were doing your will? ;)
  • suez_channelsuez_channel Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    I cannot give you a link to story - on an unfamiliar tablet - but have you seen the news about Burma where the Muslim population have been savagely attacked by their Buddhist countrymen egged on by Buddhist monks. Buddhism is one religion I naively thought was sincere to their tenets and would never be so cruel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    That would involve knocking out good number of people in Boston! Perhaps the Tsarnaevs were doing your will? ;)

Get a grip on reality and stop spouting crap.
  • slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been 20,742 terrorist attacks by islamists since 9/11.

The number of terrorist attacks by other groups is so insignificant it's not even worth talking about.

See by calling them terrorist attacks you seem to excuse other groups who commit mass murder and such as Israeli and western forces constantly bombing civilians schools and hospitals. Wikileaks leaked one such atrocity where us gunships were targeting umarmed civilians and bragging about it whilst killing them. Terrorist attack? No. Umlawful cold blooded killings? Most definitely.

There have been constant stories leaking about the way western personnel have behaved in iraq and afghanistan court cases even. Abuse, torture sexual assault abu gharib prison comes to mind. Terrorist attacks? No but they are horrific unlawful aggressive actions where people have lost lives or veen heavily wounded.

So its not Islam guiding these savages. What is making them committ violent killings and abuse?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot give you a link to story - on an unfamiliar tablet - but have you seen the news about Burma where the Muslim population have been savagely attacked by their Buddhist countrymen egged on by Buddhist monks. Buddhism is one religion I naively thought was sincere to their tenets and would never be so cruel.

The Buddists have had enough of their islamic tormentors. It's time to fight back.

They have my full support.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22257381
    Forum Member
    Get a grip on reality and stop spouting crap.

And your advocating killing those who have supported terrorism was clearly well-considered? Or does it only count when they are "jihadists"? You can't have your cake and eat it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slick1two wrote: »
    See by calling them terrorist attacks you seem to excuse other groups who commit mass murder and such as Israeli and western forces constantly bombing civilians schools and hospitals. Wikileaks leaked one such atrocity where us gunships were targeting umarmed civilians and bragging about it whilst killing them. Terrorist attack? No. Umlawful cold blooded killings? Most definitely.

There have been constant stories leaking about the way western personnel have behaved in iraq and afghanistan court cases even. Abuse, torture sexual assault abu gharib prison comes to mind. Terrorist attacks? No but they are horrific unlawful aggressive actions where people have lost lives or veen heavily wounded.

So its not Islam guiding these savages. What is making them committ violent killings and abuse?

Islam, and don't try deflecting the problem onto others.

Islam is a nasty ideology that should be illegal in the civilized world.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member

Yes, the often called ''religion of peace'' and tranquility attacking and killing innocent Muslims in Rohigya. Yet you don't see the media portraying Buddhism as a whole as a religion of terror (and of course they shouldn't based on the actions of a few people), but Islam gets vilified! Food for thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    And your advocating killing those who have supported terrorism was clearly well-considered? Or does it only count when they are "jihadists"? You can't have your cake and eat it.

All terrorists should die and I never said otherwise.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's good and bad in everyone ....
    I've just jumped around my Muslim friend's shop like a demon possessed because Man Utd won the title today.

We both love Man Utd and hope the party will be super fun just like his sister's wedding was last year.

I've never seen so many drunk Muslims in one place at the same time. I had an amazing time and today will be no different as people from all walks of life celebrate a 20th league title for Man Utd on the streets of Edinburgh.

I'm super excited about today even though I know I'll be super wasted in 12 hours minimum. :D
    jzee wrote:
    Mother of the Boston Bombers has said to a CNN reporter:

"They can kill me now, I will shout Allahu Akbar!"

Sounds normal for a Muslim.

I can't understand why Islam is legal in civilized countries. It's a political ideology like Nazism. Mein Kampf is banned in several countries but the Qu'ran, which is worse isn't.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This must be like christmas and easter for your garden variety islamophobe. watch as they claim, with a straight face, that they're only concerned with combating extremism .as they push the extremist interpretation of the Qur'an as the only interpretation.

Smile as they offer a faux sense of expertise on the religion they despise so much ..

I wonder actually if your garden variety islamophobe also holds racist views as well?. And yes, before you feel the urge to remind me, i'm fully aware islam isn't a race.

I wonder that because it seems that the bigotry on show from many people could be just another outlet for some racist feelings?. After all, racism is rightly frowned upon in society, but religious bigotry?. Well since it's 'only' islam, and they're all out to kill us and take over the world, well that's ok then isn't it?
    Forum Member
    All terrorists should die and I never said otherwise.

You said "and those who support them".
    Boston residents (amongst other people throughout the world), provided finance and arms to a registered terrorist organisation. By your proclamation, they should receive the death penalty. Or have I somehow misinterpreted your post?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nanscombe wrote: »
    There's good and bad in everyone ....

I don't have a problem with most Muslims. I have a problem with Islam.

It would seem that many Muslims have a problem with Islam too.