Stuart Hall admits 14 sexual assaults...

jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
Forum Member
✭✭
....on children as young as nine.:eek:

Just seen on the Sky News website.

Comments

• 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    His Barrister released a statement saying he is sorry for what he has done.

Sorry he got caught more likely.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2FS wrote: »

'He is sorry'...so that makes everything alright then???:mad:

UPDATE: The attacks were on 13 girls aged between nine and 17 and took place between 1967 & 1986.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good grief. Makes me feel slightly dirty for finding him amusing all these years.:o
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Bloody hell.

Honestly. I only went on the site to see if there was any update on the Bill Roache case...only to be confronted with this "breaking news".

What is this world really coming to??
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,668
    Forum Member
    Do you think he's pleaded guilty on advice to get it over & done with, express his sorrow and hoping for a reduced sentence ?

No matter how long ago this happened, sexual assualt on a 9 year old is unacceptable, the man is finished now.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2FS wrote: »

Exactly.

I bet he thought he'd gotten away with it as well. Dirty old sod.
  • Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Do you think he's pleaded guilty on advice to get it over & done with, express his sorrow and hoping for a reduced sentence ?

No matter how long ago this happened, sexual assualt on a 9 year old is unacceptable, the man is finished now.

I suspect so.

All this time watching him on It's A Knockout, all this time listening to him reporting from football matches... :eek:
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7th February 2013
    Broadcaster Stuart Hall has said he will fight charges of rape and indecent assault after appearing in court.

Speaking outside court, Mr Hall said he would "fight the charges and regain my reputation" after going through a "living nightmare".

2nd May 2013
    Broadcaster Stuart Hall has admitted 14 charges of indecently assaulting girls as young as nine years old.

[BBC]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the parents knew of what had happened at the time but didn't report it to the police. That's quite shocking. Their silence might have allowed him to abuse more children.
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    Apparently the parents knew of what had happened at the time but didn't report it to the police. That's quite shocking. Their silence might have allowed him to abuse more children.

Perhaps, some of those parents should also be prosecuted for failing to report a crime. Absolutely disgusting!
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly why these allegations should be taken seriously. No matter how long ago they are from.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect so.

All this time watching him on It's A Knockout, all this time listening to him reporting from football matches... :eek:

Same goes for his commentary on Japanese gameshow Ninja Warrior but luckily a couple of years ago Challenge got a new bloke to do the voiceover so perhap they'll get him to re-dub all the Stuart Hall ones.

I agree with others.... the only thing Hall is sorry for is breaking the 11th Commandment

Thou Shalt Not Get Found Out
  • southladsouthlad Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel very sorry for the victims, especially if they had to watch this earlier this year,
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    Perhaps, some of those parents should also be prosecuted for failing to report a crime. Absolutely disgusting!

And it may well be that , at the time, they did not tell their parents, or the parents did not believe them, or the parents spoke to Mr Hall about his behaviour and felt the warning was sufficient, or (as the complainants did not know each other) felt that this was a 'one off event' and would not happen again. Plus....times were very different in the 60's and 70's - it may well be that many parents did not then consider it was a criminal act
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ allmighty
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    southlad wrote: »
    Feel very sorry for the victims, especially if they had to watch this earlier this year,

Christ, that makes me so angry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And it may well be that , at the time, they did not tell their parents, or the parents did not believe them, or the parents spoke to Mr Hall about his behaviour and felt the warning was sufficient, or (as the complainants did not know each other) felt that this was a 'one off event' and would not happen again. Plus....times were very different in the 60's and 70's - it may well be that many parents did not then consider it was a criminal act

And maybe they thought they were protecting their child from having to go through police questioning and all that follows.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Bye Stuart

Enjoy the rest of your life in prison.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    They really must have had some cast iron evidence against him for him to produce such an about turn in the space of 2 months. If I was one of the other celebrities accused/charged of similar historical offences recently I would be even more worried now.

PD Did they also search Stuart Hall's home when he was arrested?
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And maybe they thought they were protecting their child from having to go through police questioning and all that follows.

Agreed...there are all sorts of reasons why the allegations did not surface earlier
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I feel very fortunate, as I met him, with my school, when I was 9 in 1979 when he was a local TV presenter. I was chosen to present him with something. Lucky escape by the sounds of it.

Really shocked and disappointed to hear about this. I hope his victims can start to find some peace.
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They can bring all that up in their defense.
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder why restrictions were put on reporting this until now if he pled guilty weeks ago.