Lib Dems worst ever polling?

bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,934
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just seen in another thread about the exit polls in the By Election and it seems that the Lib Dems could be on for their lowest polling in any Election with zero, has that ever happen to a major party before:o

If the exit poll is to Believed it could the Lib Dems worst ever Election Result in their history, and if party continued to bad poll rating up to the General Election would then be the 6th biggest party behind the likes of UKIP, Greens & SNP or is there still time turn things around:confused:

And what sort of excuses are the Party going to come out with if the Exit poll is true and surly the party faithful have do something to stop the votes going away from the party:o

Comments

• exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Clegg in tears again then.
  • radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good o. Cue Paddy Pantsdown, Shirley Never Been Williams, dishonest (ref: Tatchell) Hughes, Kennedy and know all Menzies Campbell with their wisdom. There has never been a party with more bloody experts!!!
  • MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was always of the belief that lib dems would be able to retain about 25 seats but im starting to strongly doubt myself on that.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    If any Lib Dem has any sense they'd jump to the Greens.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    They were made more vulnerable by joining the main big-business owned party in coalition, but I think they're just the first of the three to see their support plummet. They all need to accept that reform is needed and get on with it before they die, not that I'd be crying if they did.

People are finally getting tired of parties that don't have their best interests first and foremost in their minds, but instead only really care about their donors and treat the electorate like people they can ignore most of the time.
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The LibDems are finished as a party.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    nethwen wrote: »
    The LibDems are finished as a party.

I doubt it. It'll take a long time to recover from being seen as the best friend of the school bully though.