TCM & Syfy

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
Forum Member
According to my box VOD schedule I am not seeing any more downloads for TCM or Syfy from Monday onwards!

Is anyone else getting this or is it just me?:eek:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Not just you, me too.
  • Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ESPN off air caption's last advertised fixture was 31 October.
  • onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member
    Clive123 wrote: »
    According to my box VOD schedule I am not seeing any more downloads for TCM or Syfy from Monday onwards!

Is anyone else getting this or is it just me?:eek:

There could be changes afoot..interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not just the TUTV schedule, TCM is gone from the Freeview EPG too. It's looking quite sparse on Anytime 1, 2 & 3. Also there is a Desmond slapper channel to go on Mux A somewhere. That could be the CNN/Anytime2 slot midnight to 6am. I am also expecting ESPN to get the new BBC/Arqiva capacity. I suppose TUTV could be reduced to just the one stream. I have a sneaking suspicion that TUTV may quit DTT even though it was denied by Kierone.
    Forum Member
    It's not just the TUTV schedule, TCM is gone from the Freeview EPG too. It's looking quite sparse on Anytime 1, 2 & 3. Also there is a Desmond slapper channel to go on Mux A somewhere. That could be the CNN/Anytime2 slot midnight to 6am. I am also expecting ESPN to get the new BBC/Arqiva capacity. I suppose TUTV could be reduced to just the one stream. I have a sneaking suspicion that TUTV may quit DTT even though it was denied by Kierone.

Your ill-informed unspectacular speculations haven’t been too spectacular in the past so I will pass on them OK :yawn::)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    onecitizen wrote: »
    Your ill-informed unspectacular speculations haven’t been too spectacular in the past so I will pass on them OK :yawn::)

If you don't like speculation then just read press releases; no point you being here really. :confused:
    Forum Member
    If you don't like speculation then just read press releases; no point you being here really. :confused:

I didn't say I disliked all speculation, just some:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    onecitizen wrote: »
    I didn't say I disliked all speculation, just some:)

Well I'll leave you with your pointless unspecified changes afoot then. Very interesting indeed. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ps the TUTV website shows a distinct lack of SyFy and TCM after 1/11/10. Also there is a substantial decrease in TV Box (only two episodes a week; I can remember when it was at least five) http://www.tvbox.tv/flash/tvbox_03m.html If TUTV isn't losing some capacity soon, I'll eat my hat. :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have we not seen this situation before when TUTV have switched content providers? I.E SyFy and TCM are being ditched to be replaced with new content streams. Could an announcement on new content be imminent?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ps the TUTV website shows a distinct lack of SyFy and TCM after 1/11/10. Also there is a substantial decrease in TV Box (only two episodes a week; I can remember when it was at least five) http://www.tvbox.tv/flash/tvbox_03m.html If TUTV isn't losing some capacity soon, I'll eat my hat. :D:D

Ray that site is not being updated. The TUTV EPG is showing a full EPG with content every night for the TV Box stream for the next 14 days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bell boy wrote: »
    Ray that site is not being updated. The TUTV EPG is showing a full EPG with content every night for the TV Box stream for the next 14 days.

OK thanks, the Freeview EPG for the Anytime channels looks decimated over the next 8 days. Nickelodeon is not on every day at 5am any more, (just a few days) is one example.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    If TUTV ditch SyFy I'll ditch them! Service is getting erratic here downloads going missing, wrong content recorded....Have they been smoking something weird?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK thanks, the Freeview EPG for the Anytime channels looks decimated over the next 8 days. Nickelodeon is not on every day at 5am any more, (just a few days) is one example.

The Freeview EPG (and even TUTV's own website) is often out of sync with the download schedule. In my experience the most accurate way to get a look-ahead is to navigate through the days on the download panel on the (Top Up TV box's) EPG. I checked this last night and found what looked to be a full complement of downloads for all channels except TCM and SyFy; these channels have no up-coming downloads and haven't received any new content since Sunday and Monday, respectively.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    Hi

I have just resubscribed to Tv Favourites and am sure last time I could call up the TUTV chanels in the guide and use the fast forward button to see upcoming downloads.

I can only get one day ahead and no more of the downloads.

Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers

Steve
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveNotts wrote: »
    Hi

I have just resubscribed to Tv Favourites and am sure last time I could call up the TUTV chanels in the guide and use the fast forward button to see upcoming downloads.

I can only get one day ahead and no more of the downloads.

Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers

Steve

You should be able to, though I'm not in front of my box to be able to check what look-ahead I have. Perhaps see if things recover after today's EPG download (at around 11:30am, I think).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    I have just done a channel rescan and can confirm TCM & Syfy have been removed!!!:eek:
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    It's looking increasingly likely that the Turner stream (CNN+TUTV Anytime 2) is one of the ones whose contract expires along with the current SDN licence on the 15th November.

I'm not expecting anything worthwhile to replace it - we'd know by now if a high profile channel was coming.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    georgeo wrote: »
    You should be able to, though I'm not in front of my box to be able to check what look-ahead I have. Perhaps see if things recover after today's EPG download (at around 11:30am, I think).

Thanks for your reply.TV guide has gone weird here.Somedays ok next missing data.

Surprised there appears to have been no news from tutv re tcm and syfy going?

Steve
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assuming Anytime is not closing, there will still have to be a consolidation with Warner & Warner Comedy being reshuffled to new slots on the existing two streams. Also the TUTV data channel will have to move.

I can see CNN & Anytime 2 being replaced by teleshopping & slappers.
  • Ruth2010Ruth2010 Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    At this rate there will be nothing left to watch on anytime tv
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming Anytime is not closing, there will still have to be a consolidation with Warner & Warner Comedy being reshuffled to new slots on the existing two streams. Also the TUTV data channel will have to move.

No ditch Anytime and stick to Sky Sports and ESPN. Change GOLD into a linear Picture Box service and wait until they acquire more space for other channels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveNotts wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.TV guide has gone weird here.Somedays ok next missing data.

Surprised there appears to have been no news from tutv re tcm and syfy going?

Steve

Steve, You could try running a Purge VoD (from the Engineering Menu) and then running a full channel scan. This would effectively give your box a clean start at getting the EPG and VoD schedule.

Re. TCM and SyFy, I called TUTV and they confirmed that the channels are being removed, though there is no news as to what the replacements will be (if any).

Unless something suitable appears to replace these channels, I'm going to cancel my TV Favourites subscription at the end of the current series of Heroes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Has anyone posted the allocation of downloads to Anytime channels on the web? I'm wondering if recent changes suggest the imminent loss of one of the Anytime streams.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why anybodys surprised at TUTV's choice here.

They have had a track record of cutting back without notice.