Hodgson out....NOW!!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
Forum Member
✭✭✭
No Crouch. What's he playing at?

And why have a midfielder as captain when they can't see what's going on behind them half the time. What's Roy going to do, fit wing mirrors on his head? Gerrard would be better concentrating on his passing rather than having to organise the defence.

It's time for Roy to go. He's had his chance and blew it big time. Let's get Warnock in and do things properly with some proper Yorkshire grit.

Comments

• toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe Heskey didn't get the call as well :D:D:D
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    wheres beckham ?Lol
  • Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bowland37 wrote: »

And why have a midfielder as captain when they can't see what's going on behind them half the time. Gerrard would be better concentrating on his passing rather than having to organise the defence.

No Beckham, No Joe Cole, No Shaun Wright Phillips, No Matthew Upson.

We're doomed !:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary Megson for England! and bring in Heskey and David James
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelvin Davis > Rob Green
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member

And why have a midfielder as captain when they can't see what's going on behind them half the time. What's Roy going to do, fit wing mirrors on his head? Gerrard would be better concentrating on his passing rather than having to organise the defence.

It's time for Roy to go. He's had his chance and blew it big time. Let's get Warnock in and do things properly with some proper Yorkshire grit.

gerrard's lucky to be there...he's been shite this season...but be thankful ferdinand's being left at home...it means we won't have to endure all that tedious racist bollocks...good call woy
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,330
    Forum Member
    No worries, on the emergancy list, he's included Sir Bobby Charlton, Geoff Hurst, Kevin Keegan and Gary Neville. Ray Wilkins was down to go, but due to his recent arrest it was felt he was unsuitable to go..... So one space left open for now.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been calling for his head since we conceded to San Marino within 10 seconds. And that grey away kit was shit.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting better from Roy, this selection smacks of pandering to the press.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am sick to death of people going on about the England captaincy. IT DOES NOT F***ING MATTER WHO THE CAPTAIN IS. It signifies nothing more than the person who calls the coin toss. It is not the captain's job to "organise the defence" and I would have thought that by now we would have realised that clenching your fist and shouting "c'mon lads" does not win matches for England.
  • Ian KaneIan Kane Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 words, 1 massive omission. Nigel. Reo. Coker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tewkesbury wrote: »
    I am sick to death of people going on about the England captaincy. IT DOES NOT F***ING MATTER WHO THE CAPTAIN IS. It signifies nothing more than the person who calls the coin toss. It is not the captain's job to "organise the defence" and I would have thought that by now we would have realised that clenching your fist and shouting "c'mon lads" does not win matches for England.

I agree the captaincy is overplayed but I still think it will distract Gerrard and it would have been better to give it to a defender.
  • klunkklunk Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tewkesbury wrote: »
    I am sick to death of people going on about the England captaincy. IT DOES NOT F***ING MATTER WHO THE CAPTAIN IS. It signifies nothing more than the person who calls the coin toss
    Steady on... he also has to hand over a flag. Needs a safe pair of hands, would be awful if someone dropped it.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks OP, your post made me smile.......
  • Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all the fuss and he hasn't managed one game yet!!

He has been brought in at short notice and said he was going with players that got the qualification which is fair enough, just added the Ox which is a good thing.

Let's at least give him a chance, it can't be any worse than the last World Cup.......I hope :D

Calling out for Peter Crouch as Englands saviour is well funny!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mate give the man a chance!
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hold on, the OP isn't meant to be mocking England fans and is actually serious?
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought OP was being sarcy, or have I got that completely wrong? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Get him out he cant pronounce his R's:D,,,,although we've got to give him a chance we haven't lost a game under Hodgson
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No problems.

We'll have him back;)
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reo-Coker > The whole England midfield
  • dgsmithdgsmith Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Carra, Scholes or David James.. it's a travesty!
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogdson for Liverpool.
  • Parric74Parric74 Posts: 1,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I first saw the title I was oh here we go:rolleyes: then read the rest and it did make me laugh.

I can't believe that he selected John Ruddy ................. :mad: Terry ;)
  • wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    The wheels are falling off Woy's wobbly wagon even before the tournament has started.