Live Premier League Games 2012/13

loyalsinceloyalsince Posts: 6,006
Forum Member
Fixtures out Monday morning at 9am. Usually a Thurs.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/7816059/Fixtures-Released

New thread for live game predictions?

Comments

• blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loyalsince wrote: »
    Fixtures out Monday morning at 9am. Usually a Thurs.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/7816059/Fixtures-Released

New thread for live game predictions?

Yes, looking forward to it as have been following Reading for a few years and this is my first as a premiership season ticket holder.

I can quite confidently predict that Reading will be at home for their first game as they have to be away the following weekend as it's the Festival (unless there is a midweek game in between).
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can quite confidently predict that Reading will be at home for their first game as they have to be away the following weekend as it's the Festival (unless there is a midweek game in between).

As you're on the subject, according to reports (but I can't find a link), no London club will be allowed to play at home on the weekend of 1st September, due to the Paralympics.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you're on the subject, according to reports (but I can't find a link), no London club will be allowed to play at home on the weekend of 1st September, due to the Paralympics.

I don't think Reading is classed as a London club.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »

No it's not, so likely we will be at home.

I have this feeling that our first game will be an anti-climax, one of the other promoted teams or someone like west brom. We got stitched up last season with all our best away games being midweek.
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky and ESPN will keep us all waiting for three weeks before they announce any Changes

Last season it was on Monday July 11th
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Isn't this why the Prem League and Football League will start later, to avoid The Olympics?
  • BenFranklinBenFranklin Posts: 5,814
    Forum Member

Paralympics don't finish until the 9th, is that weekend an international weekend?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Games will be as follows

1 Sat 18 Aug
    2 Sat 25th Aug
    3 Sat 1 Sep
    4 International Break

Chelsea cannot play 3 because they are in Monaco on Fri 31st
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judio wrote: »

1 Sat 18 Aug
    2 Sat 25th Aug
    3 Sat 1 Sep
    4 International Break

Is that definite? Is there not usually an early midweek round?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normally there are clubs playing in Europe in first midweeks

This year we have a difference as all Champions League teams are in the group stage as well as Spurs

so that leaves a maximum of two clubs

So no it is not definite
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let us hope Chelsea get drawn with a club not in Europe and then they can play it Weds Aug 22nd
    to avoid a fixture pileup as they also have got to go to Japan in December to play a meaningless FIFA event and miss more games then as well
    Forum Member

1 Sat 18 Aug
    2 Sat 25th Aug
    3 Sat 1 Sep
    4 International Break

The Games finish on the 12th

The Community Shield is on the 12th so I assume the PL will start on the 18th.

Remember also that there is no summer tournament so the PL can end a week or two later than it did this season so they might not feel the need to squeeze in an early midweek fixture.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I meant the"Premier League" Games !!!!

The season has been announced as ending on Sun May 19th

Champions League Final at Wembley on Sat 25th
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »

Yes I know Reading is not a London club. The "subject" I mentioned in my earlier post is having to play away from home due to a clash of events.
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky and ESPN will keep us all waiting for three weeks before they announce any Changes

Last season it was on Monday July 11th

A load of fuss was made over nothing with regards to those fixtures being accounced.

The price of advanced cheap non refundable train tickets didn't change between the first complaints about how long it took for the fixtures to be accounced on this forum, and when they were actually accounced.

And yes I do know people have to book time off work and get match tickets etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Does that include the Football League (Championship, Leagues 1 and 2 as well?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think so too (but don't quote me!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is the Story as reported in the Media

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2123019/London-2012-Olympics-Football-clubs-play-away.html#ixzz1qhaTumO2

The Metropolitan Police want football chiefs to ensure there will be no London fixtures during the Paralympics.
    There is due to be a full Premier and Football League programme on September 1-2, a weekend that clashes with the international multi-sports event which follows the 2012 Olympics.
    Every London club could face an away game that weekend, causing a major fixture and travel headache.
    The Paralympics run from August 29 to September 9 and with police concentrating resources upon that event, they want the capital to be a football-free zone.
    The same policing concerns mean London clubs are unlikely to be allowed to host pre-season friendlies during the Olympics, which run from July 27 to August 12.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the Story as reported in the Media

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2123019/London-2012-Olympics-Football-clubs-play-away.html#ixzz1qhaTumO2

The Metropolitan Police want football chiefs to ensure there will be no London fixtures during the Paralympics.
    There is due to be a full Premier and Football League programme on September 1-2, a weekend that clashes with the international multi-sports event which follows the 2012 Olympics.
    Every London club could face an away game that weekend, causing a major fixture and travel headache.
    The Paralympics run from August 29 to September 9 and with police concentrating resources upon that event, they want the capital to be a football-free zone.
    The same policing concerns mean London clubs are unlikely to be allowed to host pre-season friendlies during the Olympics, which run from July 27 to August 12.

Could be a bit of an issue. You can understand it for West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc, but surely the likes of Barnet, Wimbledon, Brentford would be ok, especially if they had "low risk" fixtures on that day?

I guess we'll find out when the fixtures get released tomorrow.
  • loyalsinceloyalsince Posts: 6,006
    Forum Member

Yes, as a supporter of a Football League team myself, I'm happy for Mods to change the title of the thread to include live FL games

Unlike last year I think the first few FL games won't be announced, as Prem Lge starts at the same time

Yellow card for the first poster who puts the PL fixtures into the new 2013-16 packages ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Could be a bit of an issue. You can understand it for West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc, but surely the likes of Barnet, Wimbledon, Brentford would be ok, especially if they had "low risk" fixtures on that day?

I guess we'll find out when the fixtures get released tomorrow.

Chelsea won't be in action that weekend anyway (due to the Super Cup in Monaco as previously mentioned) and as for London clubs in the Football League, Charlton and Leyton Orient are in host boroughs where events are taking place.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Will London clubs in League's 1 and 2 playing on September 8th have to move those games too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought having a full football fixture program would be a nightmare with all London clubs away from home for two weeks in leagues 1 and 2, and one week in the Premier League and Championship.

Over my teams relegation now, and looking forward to the football league championship. Also looking forward to the Premier League and what fixtures will be on TV, as although the increased coverage of football can often mean "oh its just another match" on Sky nowadays, the first double header on a Sunday on Sky is something I look forward to.
  • Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that definite? Is there not usually an early midweek round?

That was the case before but I don't think they've bothered for a couple of seasons now, seemingly it's more convenient to do the midweek round later in the season.
    Forum Member
    That was the case before but I don't think they've bothered for a couple of seasons now, seemingly it's more convenient to do the midweek round later in the season.

Didn't they basically decide that it was a disadvantage for the team who misses a gameweek so early in the season and for that reason they stopped the clash with the CL qualifying round. Of course this season that isn't an issue. We'll see.