Help/advice appreciated....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
Forum Member
I really am not very technologically minded so if anyone can help please I would be grateful. I had a Nokia 800 just before Xmas and yesterday I got a text from Vodafone saying I had used "200mb of my 250mb Internet in 21 days" and asking if I would like to purchase further mb. I have never received a text like this before. I am using wifi to download music etc via my zune account. Does this count towards my data or not? Even though I am using wifi? Just confused as not sure where I have used all this data. Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• fletchemfletchem Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is your home wifi then it does not count towards the monthly totals. However, if you are using public wifi - affiliated to Vodafone - then sometimes this does.

Many contracts include free public wifi, but then tack on the fact that it forms part of your allowance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your response. As far as I am aware I have only used my home wifi, mums wifi and sisters wifi. Think I will have to ring vodafone and ask :eek: but find them to be not the most helpful people.
  • legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Android has a handy feature to tell you how much data you have used and on what applications, does windows mobile do anythign similar?
    Forum Member
    Android has a handy feature to tell you how much data you have used and on what applications, does windows mobile do anythign similar?

I really don't know :o I had the phone given to me...no instructions or anything. I will try and find out. This is a person who doesn't even know how to turn the computer on. Really don't understand these things. I will ask my kids. They are way more advanced than me! Embarrassing really. Thanks though.
  • FiendishlyCFiendishlyC Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Look in the Nokia store for the counters app. Won't work historically though so you'll have to watch your data use going forward.
    Forum Member
    Look in the Nokia store for the counters app. Won't work historically though so you'll have to watch your data use going forward.

Will do that. Thanks very much :)