Changed your mind on Courtneys husband?

Comments

• hippychickxxxhippychickxxx Posts: 1,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen the X-Files and Lost and was trying to place him. Someone mentioned The Green Mile above and I remember him from that.

He seemed nice. I was expecting him to look different. Kind of more mature looking. Fake tanned older Hollywood gent silver fox looking is what I imagined. Hard to explain the picture in my head really. Bit like Bill Buchanan from 24 if anyone has seen it.

BIB he played davros in 24 ;)
  • Jakone-BeeJakone-Bee Posts: 1,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Earlier on she said her ideal night is ordering an Italian, opening a bottle of wine and then making love to her husband. I'm sorry, but it is disturbing and that's why his family have disowned him.
  • HumoristixHumoristix Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    pookiesboo wrote: »
    I cant shake the image of him as the horrible prison guard in the Green Mile!

He's Percy??? Oh my! Didn't know that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's my opinion that means nothing to none of you.

She was 16! SIXTEEN! He was 50 something.

It's not so much about how many years there are between them, it's about where those years fall. Had she been 25 and he 60, I'd say who cares... But when you slide that age gap back to 16, it changes everything. I think she's a child NOW at 19, so at 16... UGH!

Oh, and he's not famous.

She is not a child, biologically I expect she has been an adult for quite a few years now.

In western societies 95% of all girls will start puberty somewhere between 8 1/2 and 13 ie they will have the hormones a child does not possess.

By 16 biologically, emotionally and physically she will be an adult not a child whatever you might like to think she should be.

It's not what you think that matters, it is her hormones that determine what she is biologically.

So as an adult I think it is her decision and hers alone who she should marry no matter how old they are.

Writing in capitals does not really add any weight to your argument, rather it highlights you don't really have one you can express through reason.

She seems to be happy as does he, so how it it anyone else's business?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jakone-Bee wrote: »
    Earlier on she said her ideal night is ordering an Italian, opening a bottle of wine and then making love to her husband. I'm sorry, but it is disturbing and that's why his family have disowned him.

Would you be less disturbed if she was giving blow jobs to all and sundry on Geordie Shore?
  • sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love Doug! I think he is really gorgeous, and a sweetheart! Doug & Courtney are a very Lovely couple, and they were in USA's Couples Therapy, and stole the show!:D

she's already been in therapy with him :eek::eek: She married him at 16, she's only been 19 for a day, and she's married and already needed therapy ! :eek:
    car crash to me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bratwurzt wrote: »
    I'll never forgive him for what he did to Eduard Delacroix but I must admit, he is one lucky bar steward.
    I know I know :cry::cry::cry::cry:

he tried to kill Mr Jengles :(:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you be less disturbed if she was giving blow jobs to all and sundry on Geordie Shore?

If it was people her own age, yes. I'm sorry, the age gap is too big. A man in his 50's shouldn't be sleeping with a girl of 16. As they married at 16, I assume they were sleeping together at that point. I completely understand why his family have disowned him. If my 50 year old father married a 16 year old girl I too would disown him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is not a child, biologically I expect she has been an adult for quite a few years now.

In western societies 95% of all girls will start puberty somewhere between 8 1/2 and 13 ie they will have the hormones a child does not possess.

By 16 biologically, emotionally and physically she will be an adult not a child whatever you might like to think she should be.

It's not what you think that matters, it is her hormones that determine what she is biologically.

So as an adult I think it is her decision and hers alone who she should marry no matter how old they are.

Writing in capitals does not really add any weight to your argument, rather it highlights you don't really have one you can express through reason.

actually you're wrong there - Biologically, it is a fact,, that the emotional side of the brain is not fully developed until about the age of 26,----, that's why divorce is common for those who get married too young,. ---as they were too young to make such a huge emotional decision to commit to one person. So statistically, the odds arnt great with these two !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    actually you're wong there - Biologically it is a fact,, that the emotional side of the brain is not fully developed until age of approximately 26,, that's why divorce is common for those who get married too young. --- as they were too young to make such a huge emotional decision to commit to one person.

Well I am not wong (sic) am I ;)

You have no evidence to support you claims.

The length of a marriage depends on a multitude of factors, age being just one.

http://dalrock.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/fig_19_series_23_no_22_p_27.png

As you can see, for Hispanics the marriages of women aged under 18 last longer than those of Hispanic women over 25!!

So that is a good argument for Hispanics marrying before 18 isn't it?

Also arranged marriages last longer.

And of course those marrying over 25 may be on their second marriage!!

And of course this graph for England and Wales shows EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of what you claim!!!

http://dalrock.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/divorce_series_by_age_of_woman_uk.png

Those marry under 20 have the lowest divorce rates apart from those over 50!!

The highest divorce rates are for those ages 20-35!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am not wong (sic) am I ;)

You have no evidence to support you claims.

The length of a marriage depends on a multitude of factors, age being just one.

http://dalrock.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/fig_19_series_23_no_22_p_27.png

As you can see, for Hispanics the marriages of women aged under 18 last longer than those of Hispanic women over 25!!

So that is a good argument for Hispanics marrying before 18 isn't it?

Also arranged marriages last longer.

yes I do, and I'm qualified to make the statement - it is a biological fact - based on the section of the brain responsible for emotional development - ok.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes I do, and I'm qualified to make the statement - it is a biological fact - based on the section of the brain responsible for emotional development - ok.

Quite frankly I think that is a load of rubbish, for starters there is no such thing as 'emotional development'.

But whatever the case the facts shows those who marry young have the least divorces.

So.................if you are right, which of course you are not, you are either mistaken or misinformed, then the emotionally mature thing for a person to do is to get divorced!!!

Most people become worse as they get older!!!

More selfish and intolerant greedy and materialistic.

If that is emotional intelligence you can stuff it!!!

I would say Courtney is more emotionally intelligent than the other housemates by a country mile!!!

I even think I like her more than Lauren now!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite frankly I think that is a load of rubbish, for starters there is no such thing as 'emotional development'.

But whatever the case the facts shows those who marry young have the least divorces.

So.................if you are right, which of course you are not, you are either mistaken or misinformed, then the emotionally mature thing for a person to do is to get divorced!!!

Most people become worse as they get older!!!

More selfish and intolerant greedy and materialistic.

If that is emotional intelligence you can stuff it!!!

I would say Courtney is more emotionally intelligent than the other housemates by a country mile!!!

I even think I like her more than Lauren now!!
    Courtney is a giddy 19 year old, who is living in the moment and is hopefully in love, and i'm not saying she is going to divorce,--BUT by the age of about 26 she will feel differenty, as she will have reached maturity in emotional development because of how the brain develops...What she does with that, and if she still feels the same about her husband by then, who knows,(and base this on the fact that they've already been undergoing counselling for their marriage:rolleyes:) but she will be emotionally mature enough to make such decisions like marriage by about age 26 (because of how the brain develops) and her choices are more likely to be the right ones by this time. This is why a lot of marriages last when couples get together late 20's, or later. (obviously there are exceptions)- But this is a biological basis of behaviour. You can take it or leave it - that's no concern of mine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They on a counselling show to make money, for publicity, to get her on TV to get famous, the only problem I saw mentioned was he want kids but she didn't want children yet.

Mind you I expect you would say he has a kid already, her!!!

But that is just the sort of cheap comment I would expect from you :p
  • ShadowTillNowShadowTillNow Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did you see the word opinion in my post?

Using that word means I can say what I think. It doesn't have to be accurate. It's just thoughts on a specific subject in question. So in that regard, it really is what I think that matters.

If a 50+ year old wanted to marry my 16 year old daughter I would have a problem. Facts about puberty and biology won't change that. I would question any man of that age that was sexually interested in a teenager.

I stated my views on the subject just as the OP questioned in the post title.

Using capital letters was for the sake of putting emphasis on the word or expression, yet you had to have a go? Why?

Perhaps I could have used the bold or italic option but I chose not to for whatever reason. Since I used the capital letters on just 2 words ("SIXTEEN" & "UGH"), I think it was quite clear that it wasn't intended to give the impression that my opinion was fact or accurate. You knew that, though.

If she's happy then good for her. But this post asked a question and the poster expected answers. That's why it's my business. You don't need to be so hostile. It's unnecessary, and I'd never be so rude to say that your opinion on the subject was unworthy or less valuable that my own.
  • DomestosDomestos Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    It's legal to marry at 16 in the UK. And it used to be not unusual.

I think he's looking really good for 53
  • snickypoosnickypoo Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too! Poor Mr Jingles!:(
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not defending or attacking the point of Courtney's age, just a couple of facts she's stated previously (not necessarily on CBB).

She says she was a virgin when she got married, so not only has she never slept with another guy, but they weren't sleeping together when she was 15 - as they hadn't even met then (except online).

Apparently they were in couples therapy because she wants sex more often than he does. Obviously they were in therapy because it was a reality show and they got paid to do it, but if the above is the reason they were using for their participation, and there is probably some basis in fact as their differing ages will have differing libidos, then this is a problem that will only increase in time due to his increasing age and her remaining youth.

At the moment they seem happy, a rarity in the hollywood world lol... I can't see them together in 20 years time, but if they are happy now then good luck to them.
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drood wrote: »
    I haven't changed my mind. I've always thought he was great.

He does seem a nice chap, doesn't he........I can see her attraction to him......
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Jakone-Bee wrote: »

What part is disturbing? Marital sex? Alcohol?

Or perhaps it is Italian Cuisine that you have a problem with? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    What part is disturbing? Marital sex? Alcohol?

Or perhaps it is Italian Cuisine that you have a problem with? :D

A 50 year old man sleeping with a 16 year old.

Don't you find that disturbing?
    Forum Member
    Courtney is a giddy 19 year old, who is living in the moment and is hopefully in love, and i'm not saying she is going to divorce,--BUT by the age of about 26 she will feel differenty, as she will have reached maturity in emotional development because of how the brain develops...What she does with that, and if she still feels the same about her husband by then, who knows,(and base this on the fact that they've already been undergoing counselling for their marriage:rolleyes:) but she will be emotionally mature enough to make such decisions like marriage by about age 26 (because of how the brain develops) and her choices are more likely to be the right ones by this time. This is why a lot of marriages last when couples get together late 20's, or later. (obviously there are exceptions)- But this is a biological basis of behaviour. You can take it or leave it - that's no concern of mine.

'Couples Therapy' is/was a reality TV show - I suspect resolving some deep marital discord wasn't the main motivation for them to appear on it. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    They on a counselling show to make money, for publicity, to get her on TV to get famous, the only problem I saw mentioned was he want kids but she didn't want children yet.

Mind you I expect you would say he has a kid already, her!!!

Courtney already made that joke herself a couple of days ago :p
  • dellydelly Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, he married a 16 year old kid.

Quite.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting to see an old man.
    I was quite shocked at how youthful looking he actually was.
    Then it all seemed to make a bit more sense.