Options

Dynamo: Magician Impossible on BBC One.

anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
This is just the exact same show which was on Watch a few months ago. I thought he moved to the BBC with a brand new show and new tricks. What the deuce. >:(

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him. Old-fashioned magic tricks delivered in a modern way. None of the nonsense of David Blaine's being buried alive or Derren Brown predicting the lottery results.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    How embarrassing when the national main channel is now showing repeats from Watch.

The BBC are really barrel-scraping now.

Cheapskates!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How embarrassing when the national main channel is now showing repeats from Watch.

Cheapskates!

My sentiments exactly.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get why he's so popular. If they showed his 'tricks' from one continuous camera angle, I might be more impressed, but from what I've seen the camera cuts from him to the audience, back to him, back to them, etc. He could be doing ANYthing during that time, doesn't seem very special.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like him. Old-fashioned magic tricks delivered in a modern way. None of the nonsense of David Blaine's being buried alive or Derren Brown predicting the lottery results.

Really? How do you do old fashioned magic tricks when a camera pointing in the right direction to achieve them is needed? Like the trick with the football and the bloke seen running away with the un-gimmicked ball can be seen in the background?

And that's not the only 'camera required' trick he does. So not old fashioned magic at all as once upon a time magicians had integrity and would never abuse cameras to achieve the effect. Then along come this latest batch of so-called magicians with their arrogant youth and destroy decades of magicians on TV's integrity.

They may as well do the whole thing in CGI now as no one believes a thing they see on TV now as these twerps have damaged it beyond recovery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does he do that walking on water trick?
  • Options
    PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member

Nice clear support under the water. Notice he is not walking on the surface, but just under.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Funny how the hired river policeman was smirking instead of acting like 'WTF Jesus has returned', wasn't it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only possibility is a platform just under the water. Producers should get more credit than Dynamo, for getting permission to do it, stop the shipping traffic etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member

Perspex platform, just under the surface. ;)
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hadn't seen the show before, enjoyed it. :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Badly.

The masked magician un-masked these pathetic tricks to force lazy magicions to push the boundary, he sadly doesn't most of those were badly done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    PompeyBill wrote: »
    Nice clear support under the water. Notice he is not walking on the surface, but just under.
    The only possibility is a platform just under the water. Producers should get more credit than Dynamo, for getting permission to do it, stop the shipping traffic etc.
    Perspex platform, just under the surface. ;)

Wouldn't those 2 canoeists who went past him get stuck or whack the platform with their paddles?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? How do you do old fashioned magic tricks when a camera pointing in the right direction to achieve them is needed? Like the trick with the football and the bloke seen running away with the un-gimmicked ball can be seen in the background?

And that's not the only 'camera required' trick he does. So not old fashioned magic at all as once upon a time magicians had integrity and would never abuse cameras to achieve the effect. Then along come this latest batch of so-called magicians with their arrogant youth and destroy decades of magicians on TV's integrity.

They may as well do the whole thing in CGI now as no one believes a thing they see on TV now as these twerps have damaged it beyond recovery.

I think the people he gets to watch are in on his 'tricks'. It showed in the episode that's just been on where he did what Neo did in The Matrix, and he did this in front of two lasses. The lasses just gave a reaction as if they'd just seen a trick that was pretty good, but not scarily unbelievable. They certainly weren't very good at faking the required reaction. I think he's just a fake. He's being helped somehow with his 'tricks'.
  • Options
    000Mark000000Mark000 Posts: 422
    Forum Member

Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dycpIPTFJ04

But on account of the fact that he is SHIT, he misses the point that you should be able to see through the water and it should appear that there is nothing there to support him.

Instead, he performs it it the brown, free-flowing sewage that is the River Thames, which hides a multitude of sins and a quantity of former east-end villains wearing concrete wellingtons.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    He's being helped somehow with his 'tricks'.

Well all magic requires help but yes some tricks do seem to have more help than others. For example when he bent the glass in the club.. I'm guessing those almost empty glasses were props waiting for him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member

Cheapskates!

The free to air premiere of a popular series is barrel scraping?

I suppose you're fine with a licence fee increase to stop them from having to find cheap content like this...
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its more dynaless than dynamo ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't those 2 canoeists who went past him get stuck or whack the platform with their canoes?

They use canoes for a reason. The water displacement of a canoe is minimal and they have a very gradual curve to their bottoms. They need only a few inches of water to float in, particularly with a light rower. Their gradually curved bottoms allow them to skim over the platform even if contact is made.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    000Mark000 wrote: »
    They use canoes for a reason. The water displacement of a canoe is minimal and they have a very gradual curve to their bottoms. They need only a few inches of water to float in, particularly with a light rower. Their gradually curved bottoms allow them to skim over the platform even if contact is made.

In fact they were deliberately used to prove to the braindead that there wasn't anything there, when in fact it proves to the observant exactly what was going on.

Over-proving leads to its downfall.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cheapskates!

Not everyone can get Watch you know:confused:
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member

Cheapskates!
    I don't get the Watch channel and I hadn't seen it before.

I enjoyed it and I'm quite happy for the BBC to barrel-scrape when they get it right, like this.

You seem strangely bitter towards Dynamo. Why? He's British and he's good at what he does.

Are you a frustrated magician?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    abarthman wrote: »

I enjoyed it and I'm quite happy for the BBC to barrel-scrape when they get it right, like this.

You seem strangely bitter towards Dynamo. Why? He's British and he's good at what he does.

He isn't good.

He uses all the weakest methods to achieve glory.

If he was an athlete, he would be the type that uses performance enhancing drugs. We tend not to appreciate that sort!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not everyone can get Watch you know:confused:

That doesn't matter. We are talking about the main national broadcaster in this country that has special privileges way above every other channel, showing second hand 'hand-me-downs' in prime time Saturday night TV.

Shameful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    abarthman wrote: »

Why do you state that like it's a fact when it's just your opinion?

He is not good at all and I and several people have clearly pointed out the cheating camera tricks he uses, but you ignore all of that and tell us that he is good, when that isn't the case.