Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Not really an annoyance but the side effects of changing medication. Feeling a bit dazed at the moment.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Covered for my colleague for 2 weeks and I didn't even get a 'thank you' in return.

I did pretty damned well considering I had about 2 days of training, the boss moaned at me once about a backlog which was on the first day and since then no complaints.
    She kept pointing out things that I'd set aside (for her return) and would say 'why haven't you done this?!' and I'd reply 'you didn't teach me that process and no other staff members knew how to do it'.

Plus she was a being a total snob, apparently the program I used at home (when I had to take OUR extra work home) wasn't a new enough version, although the boss has said this makes no difference.

And I thought as she returned today we could finally split the work load- NO. She didn't do one order- and left early (leaving me with the work) because tonight she needs to 'catch up on tv cus there was no tv on holiday' *insert rolleyes.

That doesn't sound trivial at all. How rude! I'd have been fuming. Might even call for a juvenile and sarcastic "You. Are. Welcome." ^_^
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Youtube videos automatically looping to play a completely unrelated and unwanted clip straight after the inital video ends. Why introduce such a stupid feature, you planks?!
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring coat to work, hotter than the sun. Leave coat at home, chucks it down.
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jasper92 wrote: »
    Youtube videos automatically looping to play a completely unrelated and unwanted clip straight after the inital video ends. Why introduce such a stupid feature, you planks?!

If it's the thing I'm thinking of, there's an option to switch off that Autoplay. Click on the Settings (cog thing) and it's there. It drove me up the damn wall as well. :D

@wampa - yes, that's Sod's Law in action. Take an umbrella, it doesn't rain. Leave it at home, chucks it down. :D
  • Options
    Payne by namePayne by name Posts: 3,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those that get off a bus and believe that a zebra crossing is automatically following along behind it.

The amount of people that I see, especially in London and the Old Kent Road, that get off a bus, walk to the rear of it and seemingly assume that by the very nature of having travelled on the bus they have carte blanche to immediately walk out into the road and cross it with impunity and disregard for passing cars, is remarkable.

It's not even blind stupidity because if you dare to look at them with a "do you mind getting out of the road" they glare back with something approaching righteous indignation. Fools.
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Relly wrote: »
    If it's the thing I'm thinking of, there's an option to switch off that Autoplay. Click on the Settings (cog thing) and it's there. It drove me up the damn wall as well. :D

It is what I'm on about, thanks for the tip :) I would try googling for an answer but I don't know how to concisely phrase the issue :blush:
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is what I'm on about, thanks for the tip :) I would try googling for an answer but I don't know how to concisely phrase the issue :blush:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=youtube+autoplay&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=XGCVVcOVOOuq8wek1oDwCQ
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After assiduously avoiding all mirrors, walking in town past the dark windows of dozens of closed down businesses and thinking 'look at the state of her and realising it's me in the reflection >:(
  • Options
    Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eta: Changed my mind about posting. :blush:
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    Pub managers who decide to shut their establishment half an hour before the quoted time because they deem it not busy enough. Particularly when I've got a cab booked for what I thought was closing time, even more so when they don't even tell anyone they are doing it, simply turn of the tills and pumps and leg it upstairs, and yet more so when they leave a very nervous 18 year old girl alone at the bar to explain to the remaining punters that they were going home thirsty.

I had to read that a couple of times before I realised you actually worked at the pub!

Clearly you have a very inconsiderate employer.
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    My local Tesco Express pricing, 500ml bottle of Coke is £1.31p, however most of the time they price 1.25liter bottles of Coke at £1, at the moment they have 2 bottles of 1.75 liters of Coke for £2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jackapple wrote: »
    Some bottled water does taste odd, like Volvic i'm not a fan of their plain water but dont mind their strawberry one.

Buxton Water has a soapy aftertaste if you drink one of the big bottles, i prefer Highland Spring or Evian Water, although i don't mind Volvic. I've tried the flavoured water & tasted like cordial drinks when you know you haven't put enough cordial juice in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You can switch that autoplay feature off.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    That doesn't sound trivial at all. How rude! I'd have been fuming. Might even call for a juvenile and sarcastic "You. Are. Welcome." ^_^

She is impossible to work with. Has the mentality of a 5 year old like today when she didn't bother to say 'hello' or 'goodbye' to me but made sure she said it to everyone else.
    I think she feels threatened by me - by the fact that I could run the place without her and my work gets approved quickly, she feels the need to pick holes and try to rile me.

I pity her to be honest.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People referring to Debbie Harry as Blondie.
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that I always have an umbrella in the car boot, but never take it out when it says it may rain, for example if I'm working til 8pm, and I know full well the weather says rain all night from 6 onwards, I'll make sure the umbrella is in the boot, go to work, get out of the car (parking nowhere near the door), and leave the umbrella!
  • Options
    evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    My local Tesco Express pricing, 500ml bottle of Coke is £1.31p, however most of the time they price 1.25liter bottles of Coke at £1, at the moment they have 2 bottles of 1.75 liters of Coke for £2

Try Home Bargains or B&M or buy Pepsi instead, 99p for 2L at both these stores. I dunno why they bothered opening my local Tesco Express, the prices are so high, hardly anyone shops there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    evil c wrote: »
    Try Home Bargains or B&M or buy Pepsi instead, 99p for 2L at both these stores. I dunno why they bothered opening my local Tesco Express, the prices are so high, hardly anyone shops there.

Within 5 minutes walk of my home there's a Home Bargains & Cool Trader both of which which sell 1.25liter bottles of Coke for £1, i only buy stuff from Tesco Extra if they're on offer, at the mo Tesco Extra have Ginsters slices on offer for £1, normal price £2 something.
  • Options
    evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Within 5 minutes walk of my home there's a Home Bargains & Cool Trader both of which which sell 1.25liter bottles of Coke for £1, i only buy stuff from Tesco Extra if they're on offer, at the mo Tesco Extra have Ginsters slices on offer for £1, normal price £2 something.

Fair enough, :) that's the only time I buy from there as well. Some of the prices are crazy, they don't even bother trying to compete with their rivals. It must be really boring working there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    evil c wrote: »
    Fair enough, :) that's the only time I buy from there as well. Some of the prices are crazy, they don't even bother trying to compete with their rivals. It must be really boring working there.

Another example one of the Tesco ready meals is priced around £3.50 mark, but on offer at the mo for £1.47.

Bizarre thing is Tesco Extra by mine is always busy, & there are a few discount Supermarkets & Bargain Booze within 5 minutes walk.
  • Options
    PiazzaPiazza Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    People referring to Debbie Harry as Blondie.

Yes! Or referring to Jay Kay as Jamiroquai.

Today I've heard a guy in the office saying "minimun" and "midrift". It's too hot for such annoyance.
  • Options
    kitchenpersonkitchenperson Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    When using Excel, accidentally pressing F1 instead of F2 (edit) so that the stupid popup clippie help animation manifests itself.
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When someone who smells uses a cashpoint and then you use it and the smell is still lingering and then the person who uses it next probably thinks that it's you who smells.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Australians at Wimbledon
This discussion has been closed.