Options

Green Manifesto

gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
Forum Member
✭✭
Listening to Bennett on five live at present.

Lucky this shower have got no chance of getting in.

With any luck Lucas will lose her seat in Brighton. No offence to her, but they really don't have a clue.

Comments

• Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    Listening to Bennett on five live at present.

Lucky this shower have got no chance of getting in.

With any luck Lucas will lose her seat in Brighton. No offence to her, but they really don't have a clue.

Do you?
  • Options
    BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    Natalie Bennett's voice is painful.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    Boyard wrote: »
    Natalie Bennett's voice is painful.

Meanwhile, back to The Voice results...........
  • Options
    ChemistryChemistry Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    I'm voting green :)
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a lot of pork for one vote. Wonder how much George Galloway wants for his?
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chemistry wrote: »
    I'm voting green :)

Groen Links I assume?

Are the Dutch brand as utterly potty as ours?

I used to have friends in Nieuwegein who were big on GL. We all got drunk one Koningsedag and they explained how they would scrap the whole Dutch army. I asked whether they thought their progressive, gay friendly country would exist had we not fought and liberated their country from the Nazis. They said we shouldn't have fought, over time they would have seen reason and it would have turned out OK in the end.

It was at this point I realised they were in fact, insane. We had a massive row and I never saw them again.

The Greens are completely unhinged.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Green party are clearly unelectable and would be a great danger to the future of this country. Their policies would lead to civil war very quickly.
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough I had a look at all the manifestos this morning on the BBC site. It confirmed me as a Green voter this time.

I'd have liked to see a stronger policy on the NHS (cancellation of all debt in first 12 months of office) and the outright re-introduction of rent controls by local councils to control private landlord rates and protect private tenants.

I would also like to keep some level of zero hours contract - because my own suits me very well.

But all in all the Greens have the best policies, so that's where my vote will go.
  • Options
    SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    60% income tax rate. Insane.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to keep some level of zero hours contract - because my own suits me very well.

Zero hours would be all anyone had after 12 months of a Green government.
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simsini wrote: »
    The Green party are clearly unelectable and would be a great danger to the future of this country. Their policies would lead to civil war very quickly.

Didn't take them long to turn Brighton into a war zone, with the streets covered in rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trevgo wrote: »
    Groen Links I assume?

Are the Dutch brand as utterly potty as ours?

I live in the UK now so I will be voting green on may 7th.

I have voted groenlinks in the European elections though.

As I said in the tory council house thread.... I have no job or home security. Voting green gives me a bit of hope at least.
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Essentially they are long term policies that will benefit (almost) everyone, but that doesn't fit in with the selfish short term politics we have to endure.
  • Options
    Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Greens are completely unhinged.

They're probably the best comedy around at the moment. I like this bit-

"We believe if we invest in insulating people's homes, we can get their fuel bills down on a permanent basis," Ms Lucas told BBC Radio 4's Today programme

"It would also get our climate change emissions down and could create hundreds of thousands of jobs.

Ms Lucas should know better seeing as her expensive education was funded by her dad's central heating business. So they want to spend another £85bn or so on 'Green' stuff like this and renewables. This will need paying for and will increase fuel bills even more than it has already.

To compensate, they'll insulate homes. A lot of homes are already insulated. Some can't be. Once they're all insulated... what happens to those 'hundreds of thousands of jobs'? They'll keep going around adding more and more insulation until it's standing room only in people's homes?

And at some point, people are going to have to be told that in order to meet both the Greens and Labour's carbon reduction targets, gas cooking and central heating is going to have to be banned..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also the Netherlands isn't as free and progressive thinking like most people think. There is a huge bible belt running through the country that support Christian ideologies and discriminate those that think outside the bible.

Also a party like ukip (PVV) is on the rise with younger voters that discriminate against those that are non white.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in the UK now so I will be voting green on may 7th.

I have voted groenlinks in the European elections though.

As I said in the tory council house thread.... I have no job or home security. Voting green gives me a bit of hope at least.

I have great sympathy for your predicament.

I do think you are massively misguided, however, as I can think of no other party likely to give you less security than the Greens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't take them long to turn Brighton into a war zone, with the streets covered in rubbish.

Hey, they've reduced the amount going into landfill though :D

what happens to those 'hundreds of thousands of jobs'? They'll keep going around adding more and more insulation until it's standing room only in people's homes?

Most of the jobs will involve phoning everyone in the country on a daily basis just on the off chance of finding a pensioner naive enough to sign the paperwork to get the grant money for the insulation
  • Options
    Bobby_HopBobby_Hop Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I voted Greens as a protest vote for years but they have some polices relating to what animals people and zoos can keep be it hobby, pet or conservation which I do not agree with now and I'm finding others who used to vote green without thinking now also ditching this party.
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    She wants to dish out money to everyone, yet she could not explain how she was going to pay for it. Save it love.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have great sympathy for your predicament.

I do think you are massively misguided, however, as I can think of no other party likely to give you less security than the Greens.

The Greens are the only left party there is. Yes some of their policies are a bit outlandish, but their ideology as a whole works for me.

My lack of security now isn't my generations fault but passed down through labour and tory governments. Lib dems? Thanks for selling is students out!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also the Netherlands isn't as free and progressive thinking like most people think. There is a huge bible belt running through the country that support Christian ideologies and discriminate those that think outside the bible.

Also a party like ukip (PVV) is on the rise with younger voters that discriminate against those that are non white.

You have just insinuated that UKIP would discriminate against 'non-white' people. Would you like to retract that statement?
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just skimming through their 84 page manifesto. Is there anything they actually don't want to ban or restrict? They also contradict themselves on a number of occasions too. Like saying they will reduce fuel poverty and then later saying they will re-introduce the fuel duty escalator :confused: They talk about less police surveillance and then talk about the increased use of speed cameras to enforce their 20 mph speed limits. :confused:
    I could go on......
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guido has read the Green Party manifesto so you don’t have to. Here are some highlights:

“a complete ban on cages for hens and rabbits”
    “end the use of the whip in horse racing and conduct a full review of the sport”
    “end the practice of grouse shooting”
    “ensure UK taxpayers’ money is not used for bullfighting”
    “ban the import of fur products”
    “ensure that all schools, hospitals and other public buildings have solar panels by 2020″
    “closure of all coal-fired power stations”
    “make equality and diversity lessons mandatory in all schools”
    “progressively introduce anonymised CVs”
    “strengthen Travellers’ rights”
    “cancelling student debt”
    “revive the role of trade unions”
    “phase in a 35 hours week”
    “work for the abolition of the City of London Corporation”
    “introduce a wealth tax of 2% on the top 1%”
    “raise the additional top rate of income tax to 60%”
    “increase corporation tax from 20% to 30%”
    “introduce new taxes on the use of water”
    “ensure that no company owns more than 20% of a media market”
    “state funding of political parties”
    “pursue a policy of defensive defence, which threatens no one”
    “a ban on the production and sale of fois gras”
    http://order-order.com
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marke09 wrote: »
    Guido has read the Green Party manifesto so you don’t have to. Here are some highlights:
    “ensure UK taxpayers’ money is not used for bullfighting”
    ...http://order-order.com

What is the current bullfighting budget?