California Dreams - seasons one and two coming to R1 DVD this March

Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This was Peter Engel's second best sitcom after Saved By The Bell and although it looks like the DVD release will be region one only, I'm thrilled it's being released at all. I liked it just as much as SBTB - sometimes maybe more because the songs were actually very good for what it was, and the young cast beautiful and likeable. It was a really easy-to-watch show, even the theme song was very relaxing. I wish it would be repeated on TV again because unless I'm wrong, it's been a while since it was last shown anywhere here. I think either Trouble ot Nick aired it some years back but I haven't seen it in the listings since then.

I hope the DVD release of the first two seasons sells well because it will encourage them to release the rest. If you've got a multi-region DVD player and like this show, please support it.

Comments

• batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was cheesy as hell, but I liked it when I was a kid, who was that hot blond girl in it?
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cheese was part of the charm. I love shows from that era because they really were in their own little universes. Though Peter Engel never had shows as good as SBTB and CD. Everything else that came after those two was quite lame and extremely repetitive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I loved this show as kid!!! i used to adore jake!

i will defintely be investing in the dvd's

the hot blonde one your refering to was called tiffany played by kelly packard
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayley_D wrote: »

the hot blonde one your refering to was called tiffany played by kelly packard

Ah that was it thanks! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to LOVE this, I think it was Jake who I liked the most as well. The theme song was also good.
    Morning TV used to be so good, SBTB, CD, Sister Sister, Alex Mac ect
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaggerc1 wrote: »
    I used to LOVE this, I think it was Jake who I liked the most as well. The theme song was also good.
    Morning TV used to be so good, SBTB, CD, Sister Sister, Alex Mac ect

Alex Mac!! :D

I liked that show as well! :D

She was also fit! :D
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhhh California Dreams. Did anyone find it really weird that Sly was the "odd one" yet he was so ripped?
  • SammieSquirrelSammieSquirrel Posts: 931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surf dudes with attitude!
  • burchybabiburchybabi Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    ...kinda groovy :p

Bit disappointed as I have just purchased the not so official complete series :rolleyes: seasons 1-5 but glad that it is actually coming out on official DVD as the quality wasn't the best...yay :D