Matt Cutler not on Dancing on Ice?

The list of celebs for Dancing on Ice was released yesterday and Matt Cutler is not on it.

I thought he had been confirmed ages ago and was the favourite to win. Really disappointed; does anyone know what happened please?

Comments

• Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delighted he's not on it, he's a professional dancer of the highest level for God's sake. It would have been ridiculous.
  • joules22joules22 Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh so that's how Nadia Sawalha managed to lose so much weight. I'll have to try it.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was never confirmed and I dont think he was ever going to be on it........I am glad to be honest even though it would have been nice to see him perform again but Matthew Cutler and Kerry Katona on the same show......:eek:
  • Kim PKim P Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodnes he's not, he'd have been pearl amongst swine :eek:
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katie99 wrote: »
    The list of celebs for Dancing on Ice was released yesterday and Matt Cutler is not on it.

I thought he had been confirmed ages ago and was the favourite to win. Really disappointed; does anyone know what happened please?
    What an awful line up - I recognise the names of Dominic Cork, Angela Rippon and Johnson Beharry in their own right. I've seen Kerry Katona splashed across my television screen for all the wrong reasons (have never watched the sort of reality tv she's hitherto appeared in.) I've heard of Richard and Judy - but how that elevates their daughter to celebrity status defeats me.

They've really scraped the bottom of the barrel this time around.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm rather glad he's not on it too. He doesn't need to play up his celebrity status by appearing on another reality show. I'm not looking forward to the new series much. I didn't much like the changes on SCD (yes, I'm a Luddite;)) and they seem to have butchered DOI.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    maybe he's a standby in case someone gets injured?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping he might turn up as a judge, more deserving of his skills, now hoping he's back on SCD proper next year.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    shanders wrote: »
    maybe he's a standby in case someone gets injured?

No, that's some bloke from a pop group that lasted for about three minutes :yawn:
    Matt Cutler would be better :(
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he is on the judging panel - now that would be sensible.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Maybe he is on the judging panel - now that would be sensible.

And therefore improbable ;). They've kept Baby Spice and ditched an ice dancer - that's the mentality you're dealing with.
  • ArtoisArtois Posts: 3,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted. I was absolutely convinced he was going to be on DOI and it was the only thing that cheered me up after hearing he wasn't doing SCD again. BAH :mad:
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always wondered if DOI would have someone on who was so associated with Strictly but as soon as it was confirmed that Matt was doing SCD Christmas Special I guessed he definitely wasn't doing it as the DOI celebs were already in training.

Always loved DOI but not sure what to make of it this year. The show probably needed a change but some great pros are not coming back especially Fred & Mel, not liking the Ice Panel changes and celebs could be better although some of them are interesting.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So pleased Matt isn't part of that tacky line up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    Johnson Beharry? isn't he that soldier that won the Victoria Cross???

shoo in for victory then!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    No, he was never going to do Dancing on Ice. He was asked, but didn't want to do it. Very sensible I think!
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAtt Cutler is far too classy for DOI
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was dissapointed but when you think about it's a good thing perhaps a return to SCD.

The show has a truely AWFUL line-up this year, and has become increasingly contrived. Ms Katona is already "braving" a bad injury YAWN!.....I wonder who their plant this year will be ie the dancer who has been training since June!?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    It was never confirmed and I dont think he was ever going to be on it

There was a definite possibility very early on that he might be on it but no, he is most definitely not doing it and it has not been a consideration for him to do it for some time - it was only a consideration very early on. Just to set the record straight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Thanks, and after the thoughts posted on here, I probably now agree. Better to keep Matt pure, do miss him on SCD though; can't understand why they got rid of him - some of the others maybe but not Matt.

Agree about the celebs on DOI - however I used to loathe Ray but thought he was amazing on DOI, and I had never heard of Hayley before.
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    im surprised that SCD fans are slating DOI i thought it would appeal to them.