Options

Mrs Brown's Boys S3 Discussion

Comments

• Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    He is indeed : the first two series of MBB have already been shown on Channel Nine (and attracted big audiences) :)
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Yea hes very big in the land down under....not so much in Canada though

Ah right, thanks :)
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,390
    Forum Member
    Perhaps Mick will come back into Kathy's life now that Thomas is dumped
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mick the dic? who was a prick?:)
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Slick Mick the Dick" to quote Agnes :D

Poor old Cathy doesn't seem to have much luck with men.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what Brendan thought of his wife's big boobs when he filmed the scene?
  • Options
    Forum Member

He's married! I want Cathy to find a nice man who hasn't already got a wife :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    He's married! I want Cathy to find a nice man who hasn't already got a wife :p

Buster Brady?:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »

In his dreams :p
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant episode! Couldn't stop laughing!

Love Mz Brown!

Me too - can't stop screeching with laughter...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »

He did try to kiss Cathy and one or two of the other females under the mistletoe in the Christmas 2011 episode :)
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really loved tonight's episode! Loads of laughs!

Off - F*ck Off! :D

And I almost wet them when Buster introduced "Giddy eye"! :D
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really loved tonight's episode! Loads of laughs!

Off - F*ck Off! :D

Lol I am sooo using that :)
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you haven't already seen them, here's the outtakes from;

Series 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9UG0QLMgts

Series 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESNaTRcO4rE
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eurostar...I thought it was a pity the actor who played Fr Quinn didn't get held on for the second series and also that Sorcha Cusack didn't carry into series two as mrs Nicholson either She was far better as Hilary than her successor.

I think Susie Blake can play the bitch better than Sorcha Cusack and Mrs. Nicholson is meant to be an unlikeable character (off the top of my head, the only unlikeable character in the series) that Mrs. Brown continually cuts down to size.

I loved tonight's episode - the phone, with Agnes toying with the cameraman, the blind draughtsman, the snow comment and the farting bra were excellent and it relied a lot more on observational comedy/witty lines rather than slapstick. Great episode. :D

I'm a fan of Miranda and I think that had it's strongest episode of the series tonight as well...strange how they hit their stride at the same time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I think Susie Blake can play the bitch better than Sorcha Cusack and Mrs. Nicholson is meant to be an unlikeable character (off the top of my head, the only unlikeable character in the series) that Mrs. Brown continually cuts down to size.

I loved tonight's episode - the phone, with Agnes toying with the cameraman, the blind draughtsman, the snow comment and the farting bra were excellent and it relied a lot more on observational comedy/witty lines rather than slapstick. Great episode. :D

I'm a fan of Miranda and I think that had it's strongest episode of the series tonight as well...strange how they hit their stride at the same time.

The BBC must be rubbing their hands with glee : it's astonishing how their two sitcoms dominated the Christmas TV ratings in the UK (quite unexpectedly I would say).
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A brilliant episode tonight. Really picking up the comedy pace after the Christmas episodes.

Up for a National TV Award as well. It must win!

http://www.nationaltvawards.com/vote
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC must be rubbing their hands with glee : it's astonishing how their two sitcoms dominated the Christmas TV ratings in the UK (quite unexpectedly I would say).

Even though they're slightly different in tone, it's a great pairing of two hit sitcoms.

It was a hilarious episode, my favourite bit was when the inflatable boobs starting getting bigger in the pub and Father Damian saying your tits are swelling!

Think Rory swearing in context with the driving lesson was the first time I've heard a character other than Mrs Brown using the f word although Buster did say shit in the second Christmas episode.
  • Options
    Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit this show is genuinely hilarious. Never gave it a chance before, but i am so glad i started watching.

It is laugh out loud funny, in a way that hasn`t been done in years.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know how old Agnes is meant to be? She, Grandad and Rory in particular don't look like three different generations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Does anyone know how old Agnes is meant to be? She, Grandad and Rory in particular don't look like three different generations.

If we assume that Agnes married very young, it would place her somewhere in her early 70s : Rory looks a bit too old to be her son but Mark looks plausible at 45 or 50 or whatever age he is supposed to be. I think Dermot is meant to be the youngest as he was 33 when the show started.

Grandad is obviously meant to be a lot older than he actually is....he's presumably intended to be well into his 80s.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we assume that Agnes married very young, it would place her somewhere in her early 70s : Rory looks a bit too old to be her son but Mark looks plausible at 45 or 50 or whatever age he is supposed to be. I think Dermot is meant to be the youngest as he was 33 when the show started.

Grandad is obviously meant to be a lot older than he actually is....he's presumably intended to be well into his 80s.

Isn't Rory meant to be the second or third oldest, I agree he looks older than Mark, The rest of the characters are more age believable although I assumed Trevor was the youngest and Dermot second youngest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »

Grandad is supposed to be 92 isn't he was mentioned in the last series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    Isn't Rory meant to be the second or third oldest, I agree he looks older than Mark, The rest of the characters are more age believable although I assumed Trevor was the youngest and Dermot second youngest.

Dermot is 32
    Mark is the eldest of Agnes' sons, who lives with wife Betty
    Dermot is Agnes' youngest son, who is commonly seen in giant costumes
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "As for your dog why don't you cover him in butter and shove him up your arse!" hysterical, me and my daughter were still laughing about it ten minutes after the show was finished! Loved Buster in the nativity show as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »

Trevor may well be the youngest in fact, yes.

I'm guessing Mark is supposed to be 45 or slightly younger.

Rory looks way too old to be Agnes's son though.....he could easily pass for late 50s.