Options

DS Fantasy Eurovision 61: Kicking Off 2015 with a Viennese Waltz!

Comments

• Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Question 13

What was Norway's 1980 entry written about?
  • Options
    EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you interested in joining us Eurofoxi? :D

I will make sure to look out for the next contest once this one ends at the weekend. :) Looks like great fun, can't guarantee that I'll be any good though lol!
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryP wrote: »
    Just got one question I need to clear up Carlisle. I know the results are now tomorrow, but when is the voting closing? Has that moved to tomorrow too, or is is still today?

Yeah voting is continuing on until tomorrow because y'all are too busy watching NFs ;) Alrhough it actually ended up better for me because I have another date tonight :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies to everybody :( This week has just been so crazy hectic and things keep happening unannounced and spontaneously and unavoidable. Thanking you all greatly for your cooperation & continued patience.

Finals
    1. Macedonia Bobby Andonov - Broken
    2. Gotland Zara Larsson - Weak Heart
    3. Jersey Gabby Young & Other Animals - Fear of Flying
    4. Ukraine Ani Lorak - Medlenno
    5. Faroe Islands Stine Hjlem - Fallen
    6. Malta Ira Losco - Me Luv U Long Time
    7. Sweden Seinabo Sey - Pistols At Dawn
    8. San Marino Marco Mengoni - Guerriero
    9. Russia Zola Jesus - Dangerous Days
    10. Turkey Years & Years - Take Shelter
    11. Belarus IOWA - Mashrutka
    12. France Shy'm - L'effet de Serre
    13. Aland Islands Sandhja - Hold Me
    14. Kosovo Kejsi Tola - Iceberg
    15. Armenia Katrina - So Eden
    16. Gibraltar Aiden Grimshaw - Curtain Call
    17. Greece Helena Paparizou - Don't Hold Back On Love
    18. Czech Republic Aneta Langerová - Tráva
    19. Switzerland Baba Shrimps - Back to Where the Light Is
    20. Latvia Carnival Youth - Never Have Enough
    21. Serbia Ana Stanic - Neka Gori Sve
    22. Isle of Man Voes - Giants
    23. England Bebe Black - I'll Wait
    24. Netherlands The Kyteman Orchestra - The Mushroom Cloud
    25. Monaco Cassandre - Ma Révolution
    26. Poland Ewelina Liwoska - We Mgle

PLAYLIST
    RECAP
    (Thank you Beth you absolutely star! <3)

Please vote in the usual Eurovision style of 12-1, for your favourite 10 songs, excluding your own. You vote through private message by messaging me (Carlisle156).

All votes from participating players will be counted and your vote is compulsory if you have a song in the final.

The deadline for voting is 6pm Saturday 7th February with results on join.me to follow where the 61st victor of the DSFE games will be crowned.

Best of luck everybody!!

Casually bumping this over xoxo
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah voting is continuing on until tomorrow because y'all are too busy watching NFs ;) Alrhough it actually ended up better for me because I have another date tonight :D:D

I really think you should read the guidebook to hosting DSFE again.

It clearly states when hosting you should live like a hermit crab and not even leave the house and devote 24 hours a day to making it the best ever contest in the history of the world.

Not go out every other night getting drunk or going on "dates" :D

Edit: Oh, and I've been meaning to ask you this for ages but keep on forgetting. Is that you in the pic that comes up on youtube when you link to the playlists?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really think you should read the guidebook to hosting DSFE again.

It clearly states when hosting you should live like a hermit crab and not even leave the house and devote 24 hours a day to making it the best ever contest in the history of the world.

Not go out every other night getting drunk or going on "dates" :D

Edit: Oh, and I've been meaning to ask you this for ages but keep on forgetting. Is that you in the pic that comes up on youtube when you link to the playlists?

Yeahhh I definitely need a slap on the wrist for my prominent social life. :eek:

And wow Terry, have you been checking me out!?!? ;) Haha, yeah that was me a couple of years ago holding a 'Carlisle' sign for another website who did like a collage of the players! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeahhh I definitely need a slap on the wrist for my prominent social life. :eek:

And wow Terry, have you been checking me out!?!? ;)Haha, yeah that was me a couple of years ago holding a 'Carlisle' sign for another website who did like a collage of the players! :p

Sssh the bf might hear you :D

Review of the final will be posted tonight, like a good number of songs but there are a select few that I will be hoping to see win.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've sent my votes but was feeling quite lethargic when doing so so not sure what affect that will have. :D

Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    When will results be David?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Macedonia - This is an okay opener to the final, but something about just feels unfinished in a way and as such the song feels a little bit forgettable for me.

Gotland - It's a nice song, much better than her previous effort. The lyrics to it are appalling however and I am not feeling it as much as I did earlier on.

Jersey - A lovely little song this one, really like the folksy aspects it has and I am also a fan of her voice, the ending in particular is quite nice.

Ukraine - Another good song, follows the formula for a strong pop song well with a good chorus and a noticeable key change and it's always nice to see Ani in the final.

Faroe Islands - She's got a good voice and the song is nice enough but for me it is lacking something to make it stand out amongst the crowd.

Malta - Back to the good entries, this is a great little pop song, probably her best entered here and possibly better than her Eurovision entry.

Sweden - I appreciate her voice because it is nice and different, the song is also a decent effort, but it's not really my bag as such.

San Marino - Never got this one at all, think it's partly the video, never like videos with little kids in and the song is just never did it for me.

Russia - Another decent enough song, I do feel that this type of thing as probably been done better in the past and the song is just a tad forgettable in my opinion.

Turkey - Don't like this one, it's another one that has a video that bugs me and I find the song quite boring if I am honest.

Belarus - Another nice and quirky entry here, it's a good song and a good find for the country. I'm not feeling it as much as I did earlier on, but I am still a fan.

France - It's her again, I didn't like it in the QFs, it grew on me in the SFs, but I've gone back a bit again. It's okay but I just find her a lazy choice for a big country.

Aland Islands - This one has been growing on me throughout the contest, the verses are really nice, just a shame the chorus isn't stronger because otherwise I'd be loving this.

Kosovo - A really nice little ballad here, totally different to her Eurovision entry and I think this suits her more. The audio on this annoys me a little though, doesn't match with the video somehow.

Armenia - Another nice song here, good find for Armenia and it stands up well in this final. The rhyming of Eden and Deamin' still bugs slightly though.

Gibraltar - Didn't care for this at all in the QFs but it's been growing on me, parts of it still put me off slightly, but don't have any problems with it being here in the final now.

Greece - Another good entry by a former ESC artist (only Marco let the side down for me). Could have done with it being slightly less dancey but I still like it.

Czech Republic - It's nice and ethereal and all that and she has a lovely voice, but it's just not strong enough to stand out for me in this sort of contest.

Switzerland - A surprise qualifier for me, this is okay, but it doesn't really have anything about it that stands out for me and as such can't get excited about it.

Latvia - Pretty much what I've wrote above but amplified a bit more, this one was a real surprise to me when it qualified.

Serbia - At the start I said this was good for Serbia, but hoped people didn't get carried away, I have to admit that now I think this stands up for itself and it's a strong entry on it's own feet.

Isle of Man - It's nice and it will have it's fans no doubt, but for me this is the entry that people rave about but I feel a bit lukewarm on, just feel like this has been done to death.

England - This one has steadily grown on me throughout the contest and I was really feeling it in the final, good entry.

Netherlands - I applaud going for something different, but this one isn't for me and at around just 2 minutes in length it feels over before it has begun.

Monaco - I gave them 12 in the final way back in the early days, this isn't as strong as that entry, it's decent, but lacks something for me.

Poland - A good ending, it's been growing on me as the contest as progressed and makes good use of the drama in the song.

So those are my reviews, I have slightly watered down my reviews for the songs I really like as I don't want to make it too obvious who my favourites are. But I look forward to the results tonight and will keep my fingers crossed for those songs, plus my own of course.

One request Carlisle, I thought it might be a nice idea if you post who everyone is on the thread, say when you post the join.me link. That way we can guess who everyone is once the voting is closed, but then when the join.me is open we don't have to be asking who everyone is whilst the voting is ongoing.
  • Options
    PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    my votes have been sent - don't stand a chance in hell at winning haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea how I will do but no doubt I won't be troubling the top 3 lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for all the votes I've received so far; everybody with a song has voted so another three hours for anybody who doesn't have a song in the final but still wants to submit a set of votes. :) All participant votes will be counted.

Results will be at 7 so be there! :p
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Oh well, I'll be missing the start I guess, because dinner :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Results are gonna be a little bit later than 7 because of my dinner too! :p Expect Join.me to be started at about 7:15 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that's fine as it will give us time to tell each other who we are :D
  • Options
    mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just voted, feels like I hadn't heard these songs for ages! Overall a very poor standard I must say. It's a shame because there were quite a few good songs that went out earlier :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that's fine as it will give us time to tell each other who we are :D

I've got my Times Crossword cryptic clue all ready :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got my Times Crossword cryptic clue all ready :D
    oh hell that means I would need longer than 15 minutes then lol :D
  • Options
    Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont really know who will win but the reviews so far has been very opposed to my opions :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gwen 404 wrote: »
    i dont really know who will win but the reviews so far has been very opposed to my opions :p

That is exactly why I am not getting my hopes up as I have had decent reviews but it could all end in tears :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i'm suprised mine even made it to the final so bottom 5 i think haha
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    My money is on the Isle of Man I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i'm going for poland, greece or aland islands i think