Has a celebrity ever blocked you on Twitter?

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Following on from the recent thread asking if celebs have ever tweeted you I thought I'd ask if anyone else has been blocked by any celebs on there?

I wonder why some of them join Twitter if they can't hack negative critcism? Obviously if someone is abusive towards them that's understandable, but some people block you just for making negative comments about them.

I was most recently blocked by Marcus Bentley who narrates Big Brother because I complained that I didn't like how biased his commentry had become since the show moved to Five. I didn't even tweet him directly, just mentioned his name but he saw it somehow and now I'm blocked.

I've also been blocked by Dan Wootton, Clare Powell and Josie Gibson but I don't particularly care because I don't like them.

Comments

• Miss NMiss N Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't count any of those as celebrities.

Celeb twitter is just for self promotion. I notice a flurry of activity and question and answer sessions in certain celebs arond the time they have something to promote.
  • Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't be ar*ed with Twitter full stop, never mind the idiotic celebs who use it. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The WWE wrestler Goldust famously blocks people who bore him with inane chatter or pointless messages. Steven Moffat says on his profile that he blocks rude people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    I don'tunderstand why people are delibrately mean to celebs are anyone else on twitter but some people are really vile, if you don't like someone then don't follow them,just because they are famous it does't mean they should accept abuse.
    I do agree however that quite a few celebs use twitter for promotion only, I know of one celebs girlfriend who isn't famous herself who uses twitter to promote herself in the hope that she can get herself a career in the limelight...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Brian Dowling blocked me.
    I also didn't tweet him directly, but agreed with my friend who tweeted that he was a rubbish TV presenter.
    But he isn't really a celebrity.
  • Reiver97Reiver97 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephen Fry. I dont know why. I have never tweeted anyone ever. Just very occasionally log in to see what folk are saying.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a celeb as such, but Dean Piper was having a go at Nikki Grahame constantly talking about her Anorexia when she was on TV. I thought it was low even by his standards so I tweeted back "Thats a bit harsh on Nikki. Then again form the last time i saw you on tv I wouldnt expect you to understand Anorexia". So he blocked me, but it was worth it. Professional Gays can give it but not take it. (no pun)
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've also been blocked by Dan Wootton, Clare Powell and Josie Gibson but I don't particularly care because I don't like them.

I'd consider that a badge of honour, Vodka!:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Brookstein. Brilliant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SourCherry wrote: »
    Steve Brookstein. Brilliant.

Also good. Well done!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Serafinowicz blocked me once.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Nope, because I'm not an arse to people on Twitter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rose*~* wrote: »

Neither am I, and although I've never been blocked, I've seen some celebrities block people because they offer mild criticism of the celebrities current project...which is wrong and it's a twitterculture than can and should be ridiculed.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when has the narrater of Big Brother been constituted as a "celebrity"?

Dan Wootton, Clare Powell, Josie Gibson, who are these people? How exactly are they of celebrity status?
  • pipkinpipkin Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was blocked by Antony Cotton after he tweeted for someone to bring him a suit for the NTA's because apparently hedidnt have to time to get one. When I politely pointed out that it was a bit cheap him begging for freebies and he should be buying his suits he took the hump and blocked me! He blocks anyone how dares to criticise him, he really is a jumped up little Queen.
  • Jackboy18Jackboy18 Posts: 1,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WWE's Shawn Michaels blocked me a few days ago after I asked him how he knew god existed and told him that he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag in real life.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Miss N wrote: »
    I don't count any of those as celebrities.

Celeb twitter is just for self promotion. I notice a flurry of activity and question and answer sessions in certain celebs arond the time they have something to promote.

A lot do this undoubtedly, but some do genuinely like to communicate with fans - especially 'minor' celebrities who probably appreciate the support more. That's not to say that no really well known people don't use it that way too though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    I am pretty sure this is exactly the reason why most people are blocked on Twitter.

They'd not be so smart mouthed if they were to speak to the person eye to eye but give them a keyboard and suddenly they get all brave and think they can say what the hell they like to anyone and then moan because they were blocked..

What I don't get is. If you don't like the person: what kicks does one get from giving them aggro online - is it some pathetic ego trip or something.

I don't like spinach but I don't go out of my way to look for it. I don't even think about it, far less what to discuss it.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Branchette wrote: »
    I am pretty sure this is exactly the reason why most people are blocked on Twitter.

They'd not be so smart mouthed if they were to speak to the person eye to eye but give them a keyboard and suddenly they get all brave and think they can say what the hell they like to anyone and then moan because they were blocked..

What I don't get is. If you don't like the person: what kicks does one get from giving them aggro online - is it some pathetic ego trip or something.

I don't like spinach but I don't go out of my way to look for it. I don't even think about it, far less what to discuss it.

Well said. My thoughts exactly.
  • SuperbassSuperbass Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Antony Cotton because I said his behaviour in I'm a Zeleb was disgusting and childish, and Dan Wooton because I called him a misogynist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    stan collymore blocked me after i asked him if the reason he did commentaries from the studio was because the other countries wouldnt let wife beating pieces of shit in.
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've probably blocked you because they've heard it all before, especially those blocked by Cotton and Wootton. You think they're suddenly going to change because a stranger sent them a message highlighting their faults on Twitter?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    John Cusack. :o
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tudor6222 wrote: »
    Can't be ar*ed with Twitter full stop, never mind the idiotic celebs who use it. :cool:

Twitter is about more than dumb celebrities.
  • Brain DonorBrain Donor Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's about EVERYONE who thinks the world needs to know what they're doing/thinking every minute of the day.