Neighbours FFS Get Rid Of Mason

Comments

• JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Yup. Now he is awful. Speaks in a complete monotone. He reminds me of the old Brad, Scott Michealson. Unable to act any emotion other than "Wooden".

I think Kyle's fine.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I think Kyle's fine.

I think so too, it's just the moping plot doesn't really suit him.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is so wooden it is unbelievable.

Terrible Terrible actor.
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is so wooden it is unbelievable.

Terrible Terrible actor.

Mason or Kyle? Kyle isn't a woodentop.

I think you meant Mason as this is 'his' thread. Only on its third day and already run to three pages!

Sorry, Joey - you set it up! Just realised!
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAson or Kyle? Kyle isn't a woodentop

Mason no contest. Kyle is fine no probs with him.
  • HarikenHariken Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyle is loveable. His acting's not the best but I wouldn't say he was wooden - his acting style suits the character's dopey, loveable personality. Back to Mason!
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was obviously talking about the specific families (from the past of the show).

I still disagree. The alternative would have been to bring in a pair of families with no ties to the street - a la the Parkers and the Hancocks - which didn't work either. I think it's great that Lou has two generations of family to interact with and presuming there is a story ahead with Brad and Lauren, this is interesting too.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Towie1977 wrote: »
    I still disagree. The alternative would have been to bring in a pair of families with no ties to the street - a la the Parkers and the Hancocks - which didn't work either. I think it's great that Lou has two generations of family to interact with and presuming there is a story ahead with Brad and Lauren, this is interesting too.

But the Willises and the Kennedys didn't have ties to the street either and they worked brilliantly. It's down to the actors and writers really. Doug and Pam were well acted as were/are the Kennedy family. And they weren't shoved down our throats straight away either from what I remember. Whereas we are expected to suddenly care about the fate of a no-mark like Mason.
  • Percy HardyPercy Hardy Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I don't get the Mason hate? I think the character/actor fits into Neighbours quite well.
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hariken wrote: »
    Kyle is loveable. His acting's not the best but I wouldn't say he was wooden - his acting style suits the character's dopey, loveable personality. Back to Mason!

But he has been doing the dopey personality for far too long. It's getting a bit boing now.

Mason is just plain awful. Susan my love, get in your car and kill him!
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the Mason hate? I think the character/actor fits into Neighbours quite well.

Think it's fairly clear - the character is unpleasant and the actor poor. Bad writing and bad casting.
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    But the Willises and the Kennedys didn't have ties to the street either and they worked brilliantly. It's down to the actors and writers really. Doug and Pam were well acted as were/are the Kennedy family. And they weren't shoved down our throats straight away either from what I remember. Whereas we are expected to suddenly care about the fate of a no-mark like Mason.

The only point I'm trying to make is that for me personally, it's interesting to bring in two families with a past connection - I don't remember this being done before - therefore it's not a 'backwards' move IMO. But I do agree it's too much too soon.

I can't remember the intro of Doug and Pam but from what I can see on perfectblend, the family can't have worked too well because they got rid of the first two kids (Adam and Cody #1) within a couple of years. Would this be a fair comment, to those who remember?

I vaguely remember the intro of the Kennedys. Im not sure what I felt at the time and I probably didn't know what others thought either because these forums didn't exist. But I have recently seen a fair few comments which said they had settling in problems too.

I do think there is a tendency to look back at past periods and forget all the problems of the time, which obviously existed because the show has fallen so far over the years.
  • chrismcgregor42chrismcgregor42 Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I didn't have a problem with mason till he split up with Kate! Don't get me wrong I hate Kate but together I tolerated them. Then they split after she choose him!!!!!!!!! Just accept she kissed her DEAD ex and move on. And now cos he wasn't with her she slept with Kyle. Which would never happen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Towie1977 wrote: »

You say Parkers and Hancocks, I say Kennedies and Scullies. There will always be families that don't work and ones that do.

The only realistic return was Lauren but now Lou is buggering off it doesn't matter who they're related to.

Back to Mason. Worst Neighbours regular ever??
  • sazb12sazb12 Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I'm with you 100% on the worthy cause.

I'm so glad this thread has been started, i was starting to think it was just us. :D
    Hariken wrote: »
    I very much dislike him. There is no emotion in his acting. His scenes are boring. He's dragging scenes with other actors in down to a point where I do something else when he's on screen. Kate and Mason have zero chemistry.

BIB: Totally agree.

The fact that the actress playing Kate looks like she couldn't care less says it all really.

He is terrible. I have found myself just laughing at his scenes now because he seems to be getting worse, where as before i used to just cringe.

I'm fed up of shows i enjoy bringing in terrible actors and shoving them at the forefront of the show and therefore ruining my enjoyment of said show. Unfortunately i get the feeling that TPTB think he's brilliant, although why i will never know!

I also think it's embarrassing when the kid playing his younger brother is a better actor than him.
    I'm glad it's not just me, I cannot stand him, I've even resorted to fast forwarding his scenes. To TPTB...GET RID AND QUICK.

BIB: Same. :cool:

You should all feel sorry for me the most though, as it got even worse for me the other night when i dreamt about Mason! He is now creeping into my dreams! TPTB better get rid of him soon, cos i can't take another Mason dream! :mad::cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sazb12 wrote: »
    I'm so glad this thread has been started, i was starting to think it was just us. :D

BIB: Totally agree.

The fact that the actress playing Kate looks like she couldn't care less says it all really.

He is terrible. I have found myself just laughing at his scenes now because he seems to be getting worse, where as before i used to just cringe.

I'm fed up of shows i enjoy bringing in terrible actors and shoving them at the forefront of the show and therefore ruining my enjoyment of said show. Unfortunately i get the feeling that TPTB think he's brilliant, although why i will never know!

I also think it's embarrassing when the kid playing his younger brother is a better actor than him.

BIB: Same. :cool:

You should all feel sorry for me the most though, as it got even worse for me the other night when i dreamt about Mason! He is now creeping into my dreams! TPTB better get rid of him soon, cos i can't take another Mason dream! :mad::cry:

A Nightmare on Ramsay Street!
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I like Mason.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    jojo01 wrote: »
    I liked Bridget and Ringo.

:p

I couldn't abide Ringo but I liked Didge well enough, didn't get the hate for her. :)
    chubby79 wrote: »
    Yeah he's dreadful but yer man playing the fella who is temporarily blind is even worse. Sorry I don't know his name, just started watching Neighbours again. That fella is so bad that I'm past laughing at his awfulness and just feel sick whenever he is on screen.
    I generally like Kyle but his self-pity s/l is Very wooden indeed.
    The other new boy, 'Floater', does not really annoy me, apart from the fact that I think his swimming is going to lead to a lot of un -necessary cheat exposure, which Mason will see as a challenge, but his character is not obnoxious, as Mason's is, so he can stay.
    "cheat exposure" LOL - I do indeed hope CheatingKate is exposed!!
    I cannot warm to Floater at all, I'd take Mason over him - tho not very far.....
    Me too. He's not a tremendous actor, and the Barely-Chest is a bit much to take, but there are many in the show that are pretty average actors, I don't find him worse than them. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another problem with Mason is that he's too much like Kyle. Kyle is a better character and people seem to like him but the way he is portrayed is not that different to how Mason is portrayed.

One Kyle is enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 pages in 3 days wow i love it :D I've got a feeling this thread is going to be as popular as the brilliant Didge one!

My 'favourite' Mason scene so far is when he was (off screen) telling those people about the eclipse apartments and when he came on screen it turned out he wasn't reading from a leaflet!!
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member
    You say Parkers and Hancocks, I say Kennedies and Scullies. There will always be families that don't work and ones that do.

The only realistic return was Lauren but now Lou is buggering off it doesn't matter who they're related to.

Back to Mason. Worst Neighbours regular ever??

He's gotta pulling into the lead... Oh wait no, i HATED Bridget. It isn't up to that level yet.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    He's gotta pulling into the lead... Oh wait no, i HATED Bridget. It isn't up to that level yet.

Yes, as awful as Mason is, they aren't shoving him down our throats to quite the extent they did with Didge.
  • MadgeMadge Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member
    Yay a 'FFS get rid of Mason' thread.

So far these threads have a 100% success rate - let's hope this one keeps up that grand tradition :D
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    smfan123 wrote: »
    My 'favourite' Mason scene so far is when he was (off screen) telling those people about the eclipse apartments and when he came on screen it turned out he wasn't reading from a leaflet!!

Yes! :D That was brilliant.

Pretty much all his lines sound as if he's reading them over someone's shoulder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't' miss him.....he looks like weasel & has the charisma of a tea towel