Options

This fake winner needs to be stripped of her win

Comments

• Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    Using a fake dog and not telling the public, she was a cheat and needs to be stripped of the title and everyone who voted have the money refunded.

What do you mean fake! Next you'll be telling me Roger Moore didn't do all his own stunts in those James Bond films, if that's the case I want my money back! >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but I wasn't too surprised when she said it was Chase a day later.

So that why some people are angry as they paid to vote on a single dog, that all I am saying!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still not fully sure about this. In my view it was slightly ambiguous how she chose not to tell us after the act that Chase was also involved. However she did use Chase in the Semi's right? And it is her dog? So what is she actually guilty of here?

Guilty, not bring both dogs out after the act, and not telling us that 2 dogs are involved, she was happy to do that after the semi, so why I wonder, as I said, it would have been a vote loser as everyone loved Matissee.,
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree with the OP, and the final should take place again.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So that why some people are angry as they paid to vote on a single dog, that all I am saying!

You don't vote on a specific part of the act, such as a specific dog. That's like voting for a specific one member of the choir.

You vote for the overall act, of which Chase is a part of.
  • Options
    Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Jules was silly. She should have just said she had two dogs from the beginning. I think people would have still voted for her. She could have said that one of the dogs didn't do certain tricks as they might not be the suitable dog for it. Nobody could have faulted her as she knew the dogs best and would have just been playing to their abilities.
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If they paid, that's their own fault anyway for not using free votes via the app.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't want her to win, but I don't think she should be stripped of the win. The only fair thing would be to ask everyone who voted for her if they want to retract their vote and see if the numbers go down enough to make Jamie the winner. Of course that is never going to happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    You don't vote on a specific part of the act, such as a specific dog. That's like voting for a specific one member of the choir.

You vote for the overall act, of which Chase is a part of.

No one knew that. Even the act was called only Jules and Matisse. If it had been Jules and her dogs etc, then I sure no-one would have complained!
  • Options
    Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I didn't want her to win, but I don't think she should be stripped of the win. The only fair thing would be to ask everyone who voted for her if they want to retract their vote and see if the numbers go down enough to make Jamie the winner. Of course that is never going to happen.

I think people out of spite now would say they want to retract their vote
  • Options
    St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should be impeached.

:)
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Anne wrote: »
    I think people out of spite now would say they want to retract their vote

Spite for what? If they feel they were duped, that is a good enough reason. However there would be some people who would just want their money back.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Using a fake dog and not telling the public, she was a cheat and needs to be stripped of the title and everyone who voted have the money refunded.

Come on. We all know it was probably the producers who asked her to highlight one specific dog and act like that was the whole act.

As usual, it's someone else being blamed for Syco's manipulations.

Honestly, the biggest part of this that's a crock is not the whole dumb outrage over a contestant doing what they were told, but that frankly, as lovely as dogs are, they shouldn't have won 50% of the past 4 series. That's frankly absurd.
    Sarah Anne wrote: »
    I think Jules was silly. She should have just said she had two dogs from the beginning. I think people would have still voted for her. She could have said that one of the dogs didn't do certain tricks as they might not be the suitable dog for it. Nobody could have faulted her as she knew the dogs best and would have just been playing to their abilities.

Do you really believe it was her choice?

Syco tells pretty much every act how they're supposed to present themselves, and if they want to get on air, people do what they're told.

Why would Syco do this? Because they were trying to recreate the marketing success they had with Ashleigh and Pudsey, and I bet anyone reading this, if they sit back and think about that for a moment, will know that's true.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the human half of a dog act she was much less likeable than Ashleigh was when she won BGT.

And, of course, Asheligh did it for the love of her dog without any thoughts initially of making money out of it all.

Jules, on the other hand is old enough, and experienced enough in the animal training world, (where she earns her living anyway), to be fully motivated by the potential for extra income.

Of course Ashleigh entered a nationwide televised talent show with a £250k prize at stake just for the love of her dog. And the choir entered just for their love of singing. And the magician just for his love of magic^_^. Everybody and anybody who takes part in BGT is doing it with the hope of winning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one knew that. Even the act was called only Jules and Matisse. If it had been Jules and her dogs etc, then I sure no-one would have complained!
    What do you mean no one knew that? Chase was in the semi-final alongside Matisse. He didn't appear out of nowhere.

Again, people suddenly getting hung up on the act name. It's just a way to identify the acts, it's not a full billing of who's involved.

Jamie Raven had helpers, Chloe Crawford had helpers and a double, Michael Late had helpers and a double, a lot of acts had backing dancers, Jesse Jane had her group of ninjas, etc.

In all cases it was only the leads that were billed in the act name, same with Jules and Matisse.

Furthermore, 'Jules & The dogs' wouldn't have made sense at the auditions when there was only one dog and would've spoiled the appearance of chase in the semi-finals.

Further still, no one complained that it was called 'Jules & Matisse' in the semis when Chase was involved or even after the final when Skippy was involved either.

The act name has only suddenly become an issue in the last 24 hours after the revelation of Chase's trick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    What do you mean no one knew that? Chase was in the semi-final alongside Matisse. He didn't appear out of nowhere.

Again, people suddenly getting hung up on the act name. It's just a way to identify the acts, it's not a full billing of who's involved.

Jamie Raven had helpers, Chloe Crawford had helpers and a double, Michael Late had helpers and a double, a lot of acts had backing dancers, Jesse Jane had her group of ninjas, etc.

In all cases it was only the leads that were billed in the act name, same with Jules and Matisse.

Furthermore, 'Jules & The dogs' wouldn't have made sense at the auditions when there was only one dog and would've spoiled the appearance of chase in the semi-finals.

Further still, no one complained that it was called 'Jules & Matisse' in the semis when Chase was involved or even after the final when Skippy was involved either.

The act name has only suddenly become an issue in the last 24 hours after the revelation of Chase's trick.

So why was she not honest enough to mention chase after her act. She knew that would lose her votes!
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why was she not honest enough to mention chase after her act. She knew that would lose her votes!

Because it would have ruined the narrative.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Because like most reality show contestants who get to on air status, she's bound by legal agreements to not talk about anything on the show that the producers don't authorise her to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It'd be like Chloe or Michael mentioning their doubles, completely ruin the performance.
  • Options
    dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't matter how many times you post it, it still won't happen.

You're boring people now *yawn*
  • Options
    tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rubbish - jusr sour grapes
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    It isn't 'cruel' the dogs are very well looked after and enjoy what they do, any womble can see that.
    so Im a womble for caring about dogs being mistreated, you live in a fantasy ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tawny wrote: »
    Rubbish - jusr sour grapes

Sour grapes, maybe, but she won a huge of money by not telling the public there was a stand-in dog that helped. To me this came across as cheating the public to vote for what was believed a wonder dog that did all the tricks!
  • Options
    dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    so Im a womble for caring about dogs being mistreated, you live in a fantasy ..

He's saying you're not a womble, though???
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sure. Are you willing to pay for that?