Xperia u 6.1.1.b.1.54 update

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
Forum Member
Hi
Just got news of this update to my phone.
I'm very wary of new updates since that terrible one on my ipad.
I was wondering if anyone has the same phone and has updated and found it to be better.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    buenostar wrote: »
    Hi
    Just got news of this update to my phone.
    I'm very wary of new updates since that terrible one on my ipad.
    I was wondering if anyone has the same phone and has updated and found it to be better.

Thanks in advance.

I had the update a few weeks ago, it does improve ICS so I would advise you update it.

I have since sold it and bought the Xperia P which has more RAM and runs ICS much better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    I had the update a few weeks ago, it does improve ICS so I would advise you update it.

I have since sold it and bought the Xperia P which has more RAM and runs ICS much better.

Thing is I'm still on the old gingerbread software so this would be a big change.
    I don't really want to fix something that isn't broken.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is I'm still on the old gingerbread software so this would be a big change.
    I don't really want to fix something that isn't broken.

If you're still on Gingerbread and happy with it, then no I wouldn't change as ICS runs slower than Gingerbread on the U, therefore you will notice lag moving from Gingerbread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    If you're still on Gingerbread and happy with it, then no I wouldn't change as ICS runs slower than Gingerbread on the U, therefore you will notice lag moving from Gingerbread.

I've read that the camera has a faster shutter speed on ics though.

Is that true?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read that the camera has a faster shutter speed on ics though.

Is that true?

People have had problems with ICS on the U, especially with the camera, but I believe the recent update irons out problems.

To be fair, I think you'll be dissapointed with ICS so if you're happy to stay with G, then I would. If you don't then it's fine, but just be prepared for a bit of lag here and there and not much RAM free.
  • Ultraman1966Ultraman1966 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Gingerbread is more than 2 years old now, that's two generations in the mobile world. I'd definitely update if I were you as this is the second ICS update so they have ironed out bugs. I've kept my dad's Xperia U updated regularly and there's not be a lot of problems; amount of available RAM has already about the same.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Gingerbread is more than 2 years old now, that's two generations in the mobile world. I'd definitely update if I were you as this is the second ICS update so they have ironed out bugs. I've kept my dad's Xperia U updated regularly and there's not be a lot of problems; amount of available RAM has already about the same.

But why update just because it's older OS? ICS makes the phone slower and less usable.