Options

Series 5 being repeated!

Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
Forum Member
✭✭✭
On BBC3 Sunday 7pm - Eleventh Hour.

I see this as the countdown to Series 6. Once they start repeating Series 5 that means once they've finished that Series 6 begins.

And now I can delay buying the DVD/Bluray too!

Woop woop!

Comments

• Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it 13 episodes in a series? One a week, starting from January 9, would end on Sunday April 3.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »
    Is it 13 episodes in a series? One a week, starting from January 9, would end on Sunday April 3.

If Doctor Who started on Saturday April 9th, it would end on Saturday May 21st: Eurovision night! So, I personally think they will grant it a 7pm slot this year (Merlin performed brilliantly in this slot against X Factor) and will air it from April 2nd until May 14th. I think it will be a double bill of:

6.00pm So You Think You Can Dance
    7.00 Doctor Who

7.45 Who Dares Wins
    8.35 Casualty
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I would be wary of reading too much in to the scheduling of the series from the repeats of series 5. I have not seen the scheduling for the series 5 re run this time around, but the original re run was not done on set days, whether that is the case here or not I don't know.

Typically, the series starts to coincide with Easter, which this year is not till 23rd April. This would seem rather late to start the series, so it equally seems possible they might plan it so it ends Easter weekend, which would mean starting 19th March. But who knows, they may abandon the Easter weekend connection altogether.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked the RT web site, and The Beast Below is being shown on wednesday next week, so it defo is not going down the one regular episode per week route by looks of it..

Eta : also listed as being on on friday week too.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Hmm, I would be wary of reading too much in to the scheduling of the series from the repeats of series 5. I have not seen the scheduling for the series 5 re run this time around, but the original re run was not done on set days, whether that is the case here or not I don't know.

Typically, the series starts to coincide with Easter, which this year is not till 23rd April. This would seem rather late to start the series, so it equally seems possible they might plan it so it ends Easter weekend, which would mean starting 19th March. But who knows, they may abandon the Easter weekend connection altogether.

Yes I agree. The BBC3 showings of Doctor Who are normally very random and this year with Easter so late they may indeed decide to move away from the Easter premiere. Of course this year, the weekend after Easter is that Wedding so they might want the schedules clear for wedding coverage etc.!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh damn it. I've had the urge to watch this again for ages and watched the entire Series in 3 days if I knew it was being repeated I wouldn't of. Oh well.
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did have 3 episodes a week repeating the previous series before Christmas.

If they do 3 a week including Christmas special that's 14 episodes. So if they show the first episode of Series 6 the following week that would mean 12th February. With having a split series this year they may start it earlier. I doubt that early though, but I have a feeling the first part of the series will end before the royal wedding