Britney - Perfume (2nd single from Britney Jean)

2»

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Ive pre ordered tue album but perfume isn't downloading is it different for the UK

I thought the album wasn't available for pre-order until tomorrow?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    That's what I thought but both versions are on iTunes for pre order but perfume ain't downloading yet
  • LMLM Posts: 63,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might be a grower, but it sounds like an album track, not single material at all

Her vocals are not perfect at all

It seems to me, she is singing a song that isn't made for her vocal range. The last time i said this, it was about Katy Perry when she did Firework and that still remains imo her weakest song of her whole career.

The production seems flat
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It's out for pre-order now in Ireland. I just pre-ordered it and Perfume downloaded ok for me. Just transferred it to my iPod :cool:
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just pre-ordered the deluxe album and perfume also didn't download for me.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,267
    Forum Member
    An alright song. It does however, really lay bare how roboticized Dr Luke & Co. had made her voice in recent times.
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Perfume! It just screams classic Britney for me. I've had it on repeat for half an hour. It might be a grower for some, but it was an instant for me. It hit me harder than Work Bitch had on its first play.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1st listen - wasn't sure
    2nd listen - started to like it
    3rd listen - love it!!!

got 1 question though. she said this was about her previous relationship with Jason Trawick. Did he cheat on her?? Listening to the lyrics, unless im misinterpreting them, that what it sounds like
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    1st listen - wasn't sure
    2nd listen - started to like it
    3rd listen - love it!!!

got 1 question though. she said this was about her previous relationship with Jason Trawick. Did he cheat on her?? Listening to the lyrics, unless im misinterpreting them, that what it sounds like

Seems like he did and rumours are that he cheated with Brett Brits assistant who has not been seen with Brit at all not sure how much I believe that part though.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Seems like he did and rumours are that he cheated with Brett Brits assistant who has not been seen with Brit at all not sure how much I believe that part though.

omg that makes me feel so angry. I wish she could meet a guy who loves her for HER and not her fame or money like that ******** kevin federline. As a fan of hers, I would love her to be happy in a relationship that's REAL LOVE but suppose the only guy that truly loved her was Justin Timberlake :(
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    omg that makes me feel so angry. I wish she could meet a guy who loves her for HER and not her fame or money like that ******** kevin federline. As a fan of hers, I would love her to be happy in a relationship that's REAL LOVE but suppose the only guy that truly loved her was Justin Timberlake :(

I'm still so sad they broke up! Haha! Think I've gotten over my own relationships easier than theirs!
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love this.

another example of why i should never read comments on digitalspy before i listen to the song.
    i was ready to hear some dirge.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much amazing, most substantial Britney song in as long as I can remember. Hope this hits big
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol it's not about someone cheating on her. It's about her being paranoid about a guy she's with because he's speaking to his ex gf and she wants the ex to think of Brit whenever she's with him.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    I've just listened to Britney Spears' brand new single 'Perfume' and I must say... THIS IS MORE LIKE IT! Great to hear a much more vulnerable and emotional Britney, she sounds great vocally, and I think it's really just kinda simple and straight to the point but at the same time very effective. Also sonically it doesn't sound like anything out there on radio right now which is definitely a good thing. Give it a couple of listens, 'cause this is definitely a grower.

I can't wait to see what Britney comes up with for the music video, I hope it's something that is a little surprising and not just 'another pretty song that is sweet' I want it a little more dark and meaningful... kind of like her amazing 'Everytime' video. More importantly though I hope she gives a few live performances of this song in the run up to the release in order to promote the song and showcase her vocal talents to the world.. ideally I'd love her to come over to the UK and perform on The X Factor and really just nail it and surprise everyone.

For the video, I want Britney singing from within gigantic perfume bottles like Curious and Fantasy.
    Get that product placement, Brit:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Omg the video... She needs that viral smash, who's going to be the other woman
  • xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love this song. For once the hype was justified-well done Britney! :)