https://twitter.com/thewhitmore/status/757579757399707648
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fearne Cotton?
  • Andrew_MAndrew_M Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel C has also put on Twitter about something great happening today... Wasn't she rumoured at some point?

Also, a possible name that hasn't been mentioned yet that I think could be a potential contestant is Amanda Mealing. She's been recently followed by a Strictly Producer, and would fit the same role as Sunetra did a few years ago.
  • KiwiJayKiwiJay Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is the producer's Twitter handle? Would be interesting to see who has been recently followed besides Amanda Mealing.
  • UncannyAvengersUncannyAvengers Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    His name is Chris McCluskey. Here's his list of following: https://twitter.com/chris_maccc/following

Some of his most recent follows are:
    Amanda Mealing, DJ Nihal, Andrea McLean, Marvin Humes, Louise Redknapp, Tomasz Schafernaker, Dan Walker, James Anderson, John Virgo, Angellica Bell, Martin Roberts, Hannah Spearritt, and Anneka Rice

Could mean absolutely nothing, but seems an odd bunch to just randomly follow in succession and there are two heavily rumoured names in there. Plus the fact that he pretty much gave away half the competing celebs a couple of years ago the same way. But again, it could mean nothing, but it's always fun to speculate :D
  • jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His name is Chris McCluskey. Here's his list of following: https://twitter.com/chris_maccc/following

Amanda Mealing, DJ Nihal, Andrea McLean, Marvin Humes, Louise Redknapp, Tomasz Schafernaker, Dan Walker, James Anderson, John Virgo, Angellica Bell, Martin Roberts, Hannah Spearritt, and Anneka Rice

Could mean absolutely nothing, but seems an odd bunch to just randomly follow in succession and there are two heavily rumoured names in there. Plus the fact that he pretty much gave away half the competing celebs a couple of years ago the same way. But again, it could mean nothing, but it's always fun to speculate :D

James Anderson also recently followed Anton
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I commented on this a bit earlier, and having heard that interview, he's doing it.
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel c I think I predicted her back in April
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that Mel C and Laura Whitmore said something very similar on the same day.

I'm assuming Judge Rinder is going to be this years 'joke' contestant?
  • VicsMumVicsMum Posts: 5,666
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming Judge Rinder is going to be this years 'joke' contestant?

I hope not, I want him to be amayzing! :D
  • Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member

James Anderson also recently followed Anton

He'd be most likely touring with the England cricket team during the Strictly run though, unless he's been signed for the CIN or Xmas special.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,526
    Forum Member

Looking up the ones I don't know/ the ones I do; they actually seem the sort of celebs that Strictly would have - so none of the list would be a surprise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This line up is looking to be really good. Will Young and Melanie C in particular will be great signings.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to see Hannah but I think she could be considered a ringer though as she does have a fair bit of dance background which definitely helps even if it is not always in ballroom or latin
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope mel c is In
  • Sarah_Jones5Sarah_Jones5 Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday Charlotte Crosby tweeted the following:

Today something amazing happened.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday Charlotte Crosby tweeted the following:

Today something amazing happened.

She probably learnt to tie her shoe laces.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amanda Mealing's said in the past she wouldn't do it as she'd be too much of a ringer.

And Crosby really isn't going to be doing it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I be a pain (as I know this has probably been asked before) but does anyone remember the exact date of the first celeb reveal, and given the higher number of pros, could it be earlier this year??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew_M wrote: »
    Can I be a pain (as I know this has probably been asked before) but does anyone remember the exact date of the first celeb reveal, and given the higher number of pros, could it be earlier this year??

Last year Jeremy Vine was revealed in the first week of August. So very soon I think. Remember the launch show is the 3rd of September, slightly earlier than usual.

Charlotte is just saying exactly what Laura Whitmore and Mel C have said, silly cow. More chance of hell freezing than her doing Strictly!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last year Jeremy Vine was revealed in the first week of August. So very soon I think. Remember the launch show is the 3rd of September, slightly earlier than usual.

Charlotte is just saying exactly what Laura Whitmore and Mel C have said, silly cow. More chance of hell freezing than her doing Strictly!

I think Charlottes definitely going to be a contestant... Sorry, I couldn't say that with a straight face!!! 😂😂
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe it could be getting announced next week