2016 Strictly Professional Dancer line up revealed!

Comments

• Sarah_Jones5Sarah_Jones5 Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see Joanne has another chance, looking forward to seeing the newbies and I will personally not miss Gleb as I thought he was too much of a Showman.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm the other way round. I will miss Gleb and am gutted that Joanne Clifton is back - I can't stand her baby like voice and carry on.

I could also do without Anton and Brendan and am lukewarm about Kevin and Karen.

The newbies look promising, though.
  • Hannah49Hannah49 Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Gutted Gleb isn't coming back, he will be missed. Glad to see Brendan is returning again, although I'm sat on the fence with Joanne. Will be interesting to see the new pros & what they bring to Strictly.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't dislike Gleb, but I didn't really rate him. Anita was very good but she had a number of ongoing faults that Gleb didn't correct.

I'm glad Oti is back and that Joanne is getting a celeb partner again this year. I hope they and Natalie all have contenders this year.
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,735
    Forum Member
    Only 14 professionals have been announced. Does that mean we will have only 14 celebrities this year instead of the usual 15?

Someone said yesterday there were rumours of a dance troupe being re-introduced this year. Perhaps this is what the further announcements are?

This report talks about 'unconfirmed others' ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36649505

So maybe more to come?
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I'm so happy Karen, Kevin and Joanne are back!! I love Aljaz and Janette too. Oti too. From the 3 newbies, I've followed Oksana's career, she's great. I'm mostly happy about this line up.
  • luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrilled to have Janette, Natalie, Oti, Aljaz and Pasha back.

Anton turned 50 this year...Enough said. ;-)
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First so happy about oti . Yay :)

NO GLEB :confused: I'm really surprised . I thought that he was a sure thing :confused: Why :confused:

I'm kind of familiar with Oksana....well from following the dwts crowd so I think that she'll do well.

I know that the Jones are still competing and doing extremely well I may add so I'm really surprised to see them in this line up.

Can't wait though :D oh and I'm glad to see Brendan back ☺

I wonder. ..did GLEB pulled a Trent :confused: No offense but what family commitment ? I know that his wife really wanted to do the show so maybe tptb said No and she said well my husband isn't coming back then.

I'm glad to see Brendan back as well. Can't wait :D
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    the bennett's competed whilst on the show for a few years - but a stint on strictly imo would mean Katya and Neil may have to miss the closed at Blackpool and the International

As you say some years ago, the Bennetts, plus Anton & Erin and Brendan & Camilla were all competing - including at the British closed - while taking part in Strictly, but the show was smaller and less "full on" then.

I actually feel sorry about the Jones's joining the line up as I think they have a lot more to give competitively, and spending months hauling beginners around the floor will do their own dancing no good at all.
  • luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katya said, “I am so privileged to be joining Strictly Come Dancing. I know it is extremely intense, but so am I! I am fierce, fabulous, and would love to win!” :o

ohhhhh...Cocky lady huh?
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    the bennett's competed whilst on the show for a few years - but a stint on strictly imo would mean Katya and Neil may have to miss the closed at Blackpool and the International

Darren and Lilia competed at The Nationals when they were on Strictly. That's the week Strictly tends to go to Blackpool Tower, so you can just nip round the corner to The Winter Gardens for the Nationals. .
    There are always a lot of Strictly people at The Nationals, I've noticed.

I've never been to The International, so I don't know if the same is the case there.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luigy39 wrote: »
    Katya said, “I am so privileged to be joining Strictly Come Dancing. I know it is extremely intense, but so am I! I am fierce, fabulous, and would love to win!” :o

ohhhhh...Cocky lady huh?

Ah - silly lady ... She should have learned from Natalie and the fact it took her until at least her second series to put saying something similar behind her. However, if Katya turns out to be as much of a Goddess as Natalie and Oti, all will be good :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    I didn't dislike Gleb, but I didn't really rate him. Anita was very good but she had a number of ongoing faults that Gleb didn't correct.

I'm glad Oti is back and that Joanne is getting a celeb partner again this year. I hope they and Natalie all have contenders this year.

Snap - on every count :D

I thought Joanne did herself no harm at all last year, even without a celeb. She seemed to accept her role with good grace and make the best of it - especially on ITT.
  • kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    Darren and Lilia competed at The Nationals when they were on Strictly. That's the week Strictly tends to go to Blackpool Tower, so you can just nip round the corner to The Winter Gardens for the Nationals. .
    There are always a lot of Strictly people at The Nationals, I've noticed.

I've never been to The International, so I don't know if the same is the case there.

its on a thursday at the Royal Albert Hall so I doubt it would be an issue either
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I really admired Joanne for how she threw herself in to everything last series. Choreography Corner and presenting on ITT, shone in the pro dances, CIN Strictly and then she deserved to be partnered with Harry and awarded the Christmas glitter ball.

Hope she's partnered with a celeb who has a talent for ballroom like Harry.
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is Natalie
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm the other way round. I will miss Gleb and am gutted that Joanne Clifton is back - I can't stand her baby like voice and carry on.

I could also do without Anton and Brendan and am lukewarm about Kevin and Karen.

The newbies look promising, though.

Agree with most of your post, especially regarding Gleb:(

I don't mind Kevin, but I do hope he gets a duffer this year.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    Ah - silly lady ... She should have learned from Natalie and the fact it took her until at least her second series to put saying something similar behind her. However, if Katya turns out to be as much of a Goddess as Natalie and Oti, all will be good :cool:
    I remember being quite taken aback when Ian Waite came on for the first time in series 2 and said he's used to winning and intends to win Strictly as well. He was partnered with Denise Lewis who had the same attitude, which meant a very competitive couple. It's understandable, though. The pros and the celebs from the world of sport are all coming from competitive backgrounds and Strictly is a competition.
  • Mint-OpinionMint-Opinion Posts: 16,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe we have to put up with at least another year of Anton. The guy is way passed it and just not as funny as he thinks he is. What's the point of him??
    Brendan is close on his heels too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    I remember being quite taken aback when Ian Waite came on for the first time in series 2 and said he's used to winning and intends to win Strictly as well. He was partnered with Denise Lewis who had the same attitude, which meant a very competitive couple. It's understandable, though. The pros and the celebs from the world of sport are all coming from competitive backgrounds and Strictly is a competition.

Put it one way, if they're anything like the sportspeople I know Monopoly is a death sport :o
  • VicsMumVicsMum Posts: 5,666
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Who is Natalie

Are you trolling or taking the mickey? Or both?
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe we have to put up with at least another year of Anton. The guy is way passed it and just not as funny as he thinks he is. What's the point of him??
    Brendan is close on his heels too.

He serves his purpose on the show. I understand why they keep bringing him back.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katt wrote: »
    its on a thursday at the Royal Albert Hall so I doubt it would be an issue either

Thanks for the info. Yep, that certainly sounds do-able then.
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    He serves his purpose on the show. I understand why they keep bringing him back.

yes some people like originality, Brendan and Anton are the only 1 left from the original line up& some people like traditional Ballroom like myself Anton is able to provide this and did well with this with Katie Enough said
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VicsMum wrote: »
    Are you trolling or taking the mickey? Or both?

Aw wait she danced with Tim