Jack's Return...

2»

Comments

• AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great idea but John has aged a bit, still mighty fine looking but still 40+, and I don't want anyone else to play Jack.

Unfortunately I think it would have to be current Jack storyline.
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great idea but John has aged a bit, still mighty fine looking but still 40+, and I don't want anyone else to play Jack.

Yeah I suppose. Didn't think of his age ... gets us all :D

Hope you enjoy your weekend shopping at Marion, Adelaide girl :D:D
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish got two essays to write by monday :)
  • DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member

allen_who wrote: »
    Yeah I suppose. Didn't think of his age ... gets us all :D

Are you both serious!:eek:

With all the work he's had done, he looks even even younger than he did in The Empty Child:D:D:D

*not libel, more satire:o*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I would Love to see The Doctor actually visit Torchwood and go looking for Jack. Then ask Jack and Torchwood for help.
  • MikaRimmerMikaRimmer Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Jack back, but only with Martha, I adore Jack's character when he's around Martha, he acts much differently when she's around and I loved it in the Utopia/Sound of Drums/Stolen Earth/Journey's End and the 3 Torchwood episodes. If these 2 make an appearance together in 2013, I'll be happy with life.
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    Are you both serious!:eek:

With all the work he's had done, he looks even even younger than he did in The Empty Child:D:D:D

*not libel, more satire:o*

Ha ha., very good DocQui... I think it's the only time me n you have met half way since the unmentionable one was barred :(

5...4...3....2....1... the threads gone the way of Fabio Capello
  • DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    Ha ha., very good DocQui... I think it's the only time me n you have met half way since the unmentionable one was barred :(

5...4...3....2....1... the threads gone the way of Fabio Capello

Have you followed any links to he who should not be named:D I've recently discovered one!;)
  • WonderWorldWonderWorld Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Colphl3 wrote:
    According to rumours Jack is set for a return to Doctor who.

Russel, Steven, Matt & John all want it to happen and have advised to "watch this space"

What sort of story would people like to see Jack to return to?

I persoanlly would like to see a story set in Jack's past when he was a member of the time agency. It would be good if his 2 years of lost memory involved the doctor and the silents and he had to forget it all otherwise it would cause a paradox when he met Rose and Doctor Nine.
    I don't really see how anyone can beat your own idea. It's terrific. I'll try and think of something and post later or on Sunday

I already thought of this idea last Oct. :)

Series 7 - Predictions, thoughts, theories and wishes. #73
    20-10-2011, 05:05
    I think Moffat might also have a two part story involved Jack, because Jack knows he has three years erased before he met the doctor mentioned in Moffat’s "The Doctor Dances" episode. Could it be Jack met the Silence but can’t remember it.
    so this not just Colphl3 idea, but I’m glad that Colphl3 agrees and has brought it up again:cool: because no one made any comment about it at that time.

I also had another idea for a episode we haven’t seen the transition between Jack and Face of Bow yet. All we know is that it has to happen in before the year 200,000, because of the reference to the Face of Bow in "The Long Game." Rassilon is immortal and the Doctor would like to try to undo that. Isn’t that why he tried to stop the Time Lord in the first place? Plus the Doctor is not going to like Rex being immoral. Somehow the Doctor is going to fix this problem.
    Actually I think that Jack will appear in three different points in his time line his past before he meets the 9th, after the events during Miracle Day, and just before he turns back to mortal.
  • sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was never that fond of Jack but he would provide a nice link tio the past whihch an anniversary is meant to be all about
  • thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please please please - no more captain jack!!

I'd rather see cap'n Birdseye or cap'n ahab, or even captain sensible!! Anyone but cheesy grin jack!
  • thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was never that fond of Jack but he would provide a nice link tio the past whihch an anniversary is meant to be all about

Trouble with pandering to checklists for anniversaries is that it gets messy trying to incorporate all the past characters and adversaries - ultimately the story suffers!

Just give us a great story - that's all I ask.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    hmmm i'd like to see jack all old timey n wise before he goes all face of boe-y....though dunno how that could happen with his immortality...maybe old in his head but he looks the same....mentally old and wanting to die.....could see him be all socrates with dity jokes!
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's always more fun with Captain Jack around! I would be glad to see him return, I would especially like to see how he would react to the new Doctor, Amy and Rory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's have some Jack !
    He adds an edge of 'rogue'. It gives the Doctor someone to argue with who's closer to his own level.
    Also, if there's going to be any rough stuff in the Anniversary Special(s) then Jack's your man!
    :D