Pobol Y Cwm

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    sderr123 wrote: »
    It can only get worse for Yvonne. Garry's framed her, DCI Williams really dislikes her and not even her own brother trusts her.

She is going to be arrested for murder- you can see it coming a mile off.

At some point the tables have to turn against Garry and Yvonne will be redeemed. I hope it happens before Christmas.

Is Yvonne still working for the police?
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    Wavlor, is there any reason for Gaynor and Colin to be so angry at Yvonne other than she didn't disclose that she was an uncover agent against Garry?

Is Colin a big friend of Garry? Because it really annoys me that Colin is so judgmental. He's no saint himself with his affair with Anita. Yvonne didn't turn against him.

And Gaynor has known for months. Why is she so upset now.
    sderr123 Gaynor has been frosty towards Yvonne for about 18 months now. Ever since Gaynors oldest daughter Izzy had to be sent away because Izzy found out about Yvonnes undercover work, and Yvonne was worried she`d spill the beans about Garry Monks money laundering scheme, (In real life the actress who played Izzy went on maternity leave). Gaynor has resented Yvonne ever since for putting her daughter in danger and because she misses Izzy so much.
    As for Colin, he`s always had more faces than our town clock....I really don`t like him, and doubt I ever will.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kittykat30 wrote: »
    Is Yvonne still working for the police?

No Yvonne doesn`t work for the fraud squad anymore. Yvonne told Clive her boss that she wanted to quit. Then Yvonne went back to doing social work which she loved - until Garry Monk spoiled it all for her.
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »
    No Yvonne doesn`t work for the fraud squad anymore. Yvonne told Clive her boss that she wanted to quit. Then Yvonne went back to doing social work which she loved - until Garry Monk spoiled it all for her.

So the poor girl has no job, wife or home?
  • sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaynor can't seem to like her at all. OK she had her moments with Macs and Lois that were caring. But none of that is very deep. She seems to be nice one moment and not the next. Like a grown up more sophisticated version of Sioned.

I don't like Collin much either. I don't actually find it believable that he would be more angry with Yvonne than Gwyneth. I don't get the motivation there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the poor girl has no job, wife or home?
    As far as I know Yvonne is still doing social work. I don`t know if that`s changed.I haven`t heard anything about her giving up her social work job yet. But she does seem to have a lot of time on her hands, so maybe she did give it up - or perhaps she hasn`t had a social work job since Proberts custody case with his ex wife and daughter.
    Now that Jim Proberts ex wife Angela has the pub, maybe Yvonne will get involved in their lives again.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone give me some background to Meic and Anita please? They had a daughter that died? How long ago?
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »

Yvonne didn't actually work for the police. For some strange reason the writers chose to have her working for "FCI" a private enterprise which reported to the police.

I couls never understand why they chose to do this - but have always thought that Gaynor and Colin might have accepted her job better if she had actually been undercover police - and, incidentally, there would nor have been a problem with Izzy if she'd not been nosy and read info on Yvonne's laptop and then, despite warnings, chose to tell her mother about what she'd seen,

The whole Izzy story was a very thin plot to allow her to leave PYC - she was never in any danger and certainly isn't now!
    Forum Member
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    Yvonne didn't actually work for the police. For some strange reason the writers chose to have her working for "FCI" a private enterprise which reported to the police.

I couls never understand why they chose to do this - but have always thought that Gaynor and Colin might have accepted her job better if she had actually been undercover police - and, incidentally, there would nor have been a problem with Izzy if she'd not been nosy and read info on Yvonne's laptop and then, despite warnings, chose to tell her mother about what she'd seen,

The whole Izzy story was a very thin plot to allow her to leave PYC - she was never in any danger and certainly isn't now!

Is it because of the Izzy business that Colin is angry with her?

And why are Yvonne and Gwyneth separated? It sounds to me that everyone has over reacted if they are angry at her because of the undercover work. She was doing a good thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it because of the Izzy business that Colin is angry with her?

And why are Yvonne and Gwyneth separated? It sounds to me that everyone has over reacted if they are angry at her because of the undercover work. She was doing a good thing.

Yvonne and Gwyneth are separated because of the undercover work. Gwyneth is the mother of Garry's son and she wasn't happy that he was in prison. Also its a trust issue because she wasn't honest about her background when she asked Gwyneth to marry her.

As for Colin, I don't think he knows why Izzy left. At least not for sure, although he may suspect. Colin's extreme reaction to Yvonne doesn't make sense to me. I don't really understand why everyone in the village seems to support Garry over Yvonne. Garry's not a good guy opinion should be a bit more mixed.

I suspect that having Garry frame Yvonne and the entire village mistrust her, is the writers way to string out the reveal of whoever set the fire for as long as possible.
  • frannydfrannyd Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    []Can someone give me some background to Meic and Anita please? They had a daughter that died? How long ago

Anita and Meic were seeing each other years ago. Meic left not knowing that Anita was pregnant she had a son Darren. Anita married someone else and had another son Dwayne. Anita divorced her husband and raised the boys on her own. It wasn't until Meic came back that he knew he had a son. Darren was married but he left his wife for Sheryl, (Will is Darren son )Anita and Meic got married and had a daughter Eira,about 4 years ago but she only lived for a short time. Dwayne died of a brain tumor and Darren married again and went to live in Canada. Kevin is Meic son from his first marriage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britt knows Garry doesn't she? Gwyneth really needs to listen to her.

Britt confronting Garry tonight should be very good. :)
  • linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this show gets better and better
  • welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    we only on tuesday and great so far
    last night was great
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    we only on tuesday and great so far
    last night was great

Wasn't it great.

I want Sion's house. The garden atrium was beautiful.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    frannyd wrote: »
    []Can someone give me some background to Meic and Anita please? They had a daughter that died? How long ago

Anita and Meic were seeing each other years ago. Meic left not knowing that Anita was pregnant she had a son Darren. Anita married someone else and had another son Dwayne. Anita divorced her husband and raised the boys on her own. It wasn't until Meic came back that he knew he had a son. Darren was married but he left his wife for Sheryl, (Will is Darren son )Anita and Meic got married and had a daughter Eira,about 4 years ago but she only lived for a short time. Dwayne died of a brain tumor and Darren married again and went to live in Canada. Kevin is Meic son from his first marriage.

Brilliant thanks. That makes more sense now
    Forum Member
    didnt meic and anita try to adopted ince
    Forum Member
    How has Garry persuaded the police that Yvonne caused the fire?

I know Garry was/is sleeping with the detective, but surely she wouldn't believe any evidence.
    Forum Member
    Just watched tonights episode. Oww that was good. Loved the showdown between Garry and Britt, though I can't see Garry being the murderer, sadly.

And the Meic/Anita stuff was good as well. Do you see them getting back together?
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    didnt meic and anita try to adopted ince

Meic and Anita have fostered in the past and there was a story line - abandoned - where they fostered a Downs teenager a few times. The story didn't sustain because, with no disrespect meant, such storylines need to be strong, given time to develop and need a good actor to play the part of the Downs child - in the case of PYC (as often happens) they flirted with the idea and then it just disappeared.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Mondays episode, Angela said to Anita that Gemma and Courtney were not their daughters.

I thought they each had a daughter,Ed is Gemma's dad and Angela is Courtneys mum.

So why did they say they had no daughters?

Also, the actress who plays Britt is really good, she scares me though when she is angry.

Another question, is Megan who was talking to Meic and Denzil a regular.

Is there also any truth to the rumours Pobol Y Cwm is being axed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night was the perfect PYC episode. Britt and Gary so good. Britt gave me chills when she said stay away from my family in case you might kill them.

And Meic and Anita was so good too. They clearly love each other but Meic still can't bring himself to forgive.

I think Ed and Gemma will be interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Mondays episode, Angela said to Anita that Gemma and Courtney were not their daughters.

I thought they each had a daughter,Ed is Gemma's dad and Angela is Courtneys mum.

So why did they say they had no daughters?

Also, the actress who plays Britt is really good, she scares me though when she is angry.

Another question, is Megan who was talking to Meic and Denzil a regular.

Is there also any truth to the rumours Pobol Y Cwm is being axed?

Gemma and Courtney not their daughters in the sense they didn't have them together. Probert is Courtney's father.

As for Gemma the Digiguide spoilers indicate Ed is her uncle. Which is good as the actor who plays Ed is not old enough to be the father of an 18 year old not even in soap land.

Megan was a regular at one point I think, but hasn't been since she came back this summer.

I hope PYC not canceled I thought they were just moved to a brand new studio in Cardiff.
    Forum Member
    Poor Yvonne. Not a friend in the world and set up for the fire.

Does Sioned always have such a stick up her bum? or is it purely all because of not getting the pub?
    Forum Member
    sioned got a pole up there
    poor yvonne
This discussion has been closed.