Official Snooker Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• TheFridgeTheFridge Posts: 4,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say that is all over , Stevens has to beat him 12-5 at most now , not going to happen in a million years.....
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impressive response from Ronnie after losing the first two frames to be all square to then win the next 6 ! Its his to lose now and cant see him doing so now
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    He is awesome but guess who's played even better?

Stephen Hendry.

7 centuries in ten frames when he beat Ken Doherty 10 - 5 in the 1994 UK Championship.

"Hendry also holds the record for making the most centuries in a single match, compiling seven during the final of the 1994 UK Championship. During this match, Hendry compiled six centuries in a span of eight frames."

Not even the mighty Ronnie O'Sullivan has come close to that. That is why the greatest player is Stephen Hendry!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think i've ever seen Ronnie so in control of his emotions as i have in this tournament. A perfect example was this session. Stevens came out playing well and Ronnie didn't quite have the cue ball on a string like we know he can. Usually he would get frustrated and stubbornly play outrageous shots but this time he got up from the shot and took a different option.

It's awlays great to see Ronnie knocking in the big, quick breaks but it's even better to see him with some self control and play himself into form before trying the crowd pleasing snooker he is capable of. Well done Ronnie, keep it up.
  • TreelopperTreelopper Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    If I hear any more about the fine cloths I will scream! Its as if the Snooker Comentary team has not heard of such inventions. Maybe they should just play on carpet!?

Not just the cloths now, Taylors told us about the slate this afternoon. Used to be Welsh slate you know, then from somewhere else & now it comes all the way from China.

Note to Dennis: WE DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!! :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,333,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Impressive response from Ronnie after losing the first two frames to be all square to then win the next 6 ! Its his to lose now and cant see him doing so now
    No, most likely outcome is just a frame or two tomorrow evening at best. Stevens might avoid a session defeat as Ronnie isn't always up for it in a morning session (remember that meltdown against Dott?), plus I think it's the first time he's had to play at 10am this tournament. Mind, anything can happen, but I'd suggest the above is the most probable.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I don't think i've ever seen Ronnie so in control of his emotions as i have in this tournament. A perfect example was this session. Stevens came out playing well and Ronnie didn't quite have the cue ball on a string like we know he can. Usually he would get frustrated and stubbornly play outrageous shots but this time he got up from the shot and took a different option.

It's awlays great to see Ronnie knocking in the big, quick breaks but it's even better to see him with some self control and play himself into form before trying the crowd pleasing snooker he is capable of. Well done Ronnie, keep it up.
    It's all in the hair ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, no doubt the scribes were ready to make a not of frame 10 as a turning point when Stevens cleared up from 0-62 to win by a point. As it transpired, it was the last frame he won of the day, testimony to Ronnie's maturity and even temperament at the Crucible this year.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When does their next session start? Is it tomorrow?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    When does their next session start? Is it tomorrow?

Yes, 10am
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, most likely outcome is just a frame or two tomorrow evening at best. Stevens might avoid a session defeat as Ronnie isn't always up for it in a morning session (remember that meltdown against Dott?), plus I think it's the first time he's had to play at 10am this tournament. Mind, anything can happen, but I'd suggest the above is the most probable.

I think it may well end before the mid-session interval in the last session too. Stevens needs to win the morning session at least 6-2 to have any sort of chance and cant really see that maybe 5-3 if Ronnie isnt fully on it, but he seems to be on it well enough so far
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ronnie isn't always up for it in a morning session (remember that meltdown against Dott?),

Oh yes! I was there, front row, dead excited about FRONT ROW for Ronnie, and then he went and lost 8 frames on the trot and did nothing more interesting that nurse his mug of hot water and pick at his fingernails.
    crofter wrote: »
    Anybody notice the slighty scary blonde with the "Ronnie O'Sullivan - Marry Me XXX" Black T-shirt has somehow managed to move quite a bit closer to Rocket Ron in the mid-session interval ... fascinating as she was sat directly next to Stevens at the beginning.:D

Eek! She's not one of the pair that used to always be there with matching ROCKET RONNIE t shirts is she? She sounds a bit frightening.

I'm just in from work. I am shattered, I hope tonight's session is a quick one!
    Forum Member
    Are you saying that you fancy a quickie on Friday night?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Are you saying that you fancy a quickie on Friday night?

:D Only if it involves Ali Carter.
  • MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    :D Only if it involves Ali Carter.

Robbo will be jealous! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarkBeales wrote: »
    Robbo will be jealous! ;)

Lol! I highly doubt it!

Right, I will immediately cease this female idiocy and remind you that I do indeed ONLY WATCH FOR THE GAME, HONEST. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol! I highly doubt it!

Right, I will immediately cease this female idiocy and remind you that I do indeed ONLY WATCH FOR THE GAME, HONEST. :D

of course you do ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope we don't have many more of those frames where someone keeps going on and on when they need eleventy three snookers. I suppose that's the point, but it annoys me! I prefer it when Ronnie used to just concede the frame if he needed snookers.
    Forum Member
    I hope we don't have many more of those frames where someone keeps going on and on when they need eleventy three snookers. I suppose that's the point, but it annoys me! I prefer it when Ronnie used to just concede the frame if he needed snookers.
    That's the new mature Ronnie for you.
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eek! She's not one of the pair that used to always be there with matching ROCKET RONNIE t shirts is she? She sounds a bit frightening.

She is actually pictured on the BBC site:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17944229

this is before she managed to move next to Ronnie whilst nobody was looking during the interval.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    She is actually pictured on the BBC site:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17944229

this is before she managed to move next to Ronnie whilst nobody was looking during the interval.:D

Crikey! Oh well, I suppose she got on telly. I bet Ronnie didn't even notice. She's definitely not one of the Rocket Ronnie t shirt girls now I see her. I haven't seen them for a couple of years actually - they always used to be there in matching t shirts with some kind of Ronnie slogan.
  • MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol! I highly doubt it!

Yes. And I only appreciate Michaela for her refereeing abilities! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarkBeales wrote: »
    Yes. And I only appreciate Michaela for her refereeing abilities! :)

Oh well, Michaela's different.
  • ExistentialistExistentialist Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carter is such a precious miserable moaner! Moaning about the crowd noise already. What a tit!

Come on Maguire!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carter is such a precious miserable moaner! Moaning about the crowd noise already. What a tit!

Come on Maguire!

Oh for crying out loud! They're in the semi final of the world championships, there should not be crowd noise. Especially not the commentary on top volume. He wasn't moaning, he was quite rightly asking for it to stop, just as Maguire would have done had he been at the table at that point.
This discussion has been closed.