Fifa 13 Thread!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won my last four matches on the bounce to go from brink of D2 relegation to D1

Shame the last person just put down their controlled once I went 3-1 up at HT. I hate people who do that. It must be so boring. I just passed the ball about my midfield so the clock would keep running down.
  • familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have anyone else having problem with online season mode tonight as nearly every time I play against someone, the EA Servers goes on me or the match keep lagging but I don't think is my connection so unless is EA that having problems?
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ever since doing the latest PS3 patch last night I've had horrendous lag and frame rate issues in offline mode.
  • technoguytechnoguy Posts: 2,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoys me why at the end of an online game I have to wait for the opponent to press to tick that box up the corner. Most of the time they go in a mood and just keep me waiting ages until the game eventually goes to the next screen.

Whats the point in forcing me to stay, when the game has ended I could be going on to the next game. Arrrrrggghhhhh!!!!! its so annoying :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    technoguy wrote: »
    It annoys me why at the end of an online game I have to wait for the opponent to press to tick that box up the corner. Most of the time they go in a mood and just keep me waiting ages until the game eventually goes to the next screen.

Whats the point in forcing me to stay, when the game has ended I could be going on to the next game. Arrrrrggghhhhh!!!!! its so annoying :D

Doesn't it continue automatically after so long? Or is it a case of whoever turns console off first?
    Would you "lose" the game if you quit at that point?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just finished my first season in career mode. Some of my players are still on loan. Is this a bug?
    I'm Arsenal, and I'm not complaining N. Bendtner isn't back because I hate him haha but I would like the option to sell him and not pay 2 million to call him back.

I can't find the loan duration anywhere because I thought maybe if I advance the game through my pre season friendlies they may come back? A lot of players came back at the end of my first season but some didn't.
  • TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question for anyone. I started a Napoli game on career mode and I've just entered my second season, having won the league and cup double last season. I just sold Cavani and Hamsik as I wanted to sign Ozil and Reus. However, though my bids have been accepted, I can't get the above players to join even though I increased their wages. Instead, they always reject my contract offers saying the following reason:

"I've reviewed your contract offer with my agent and we can't agree with your conditions because I'm a top player at my current club and I don't feel this is a move that suits me. Thank you for your interest, but please revise your offer and my agent and I will take it under consideration"

I've tried saying they'll be crucial first team players, increasing the wages and increasing the bonuses, but they keep saying the above statement. Is there any way to get them to join or am I just going to have to look elsewhere?

Thanks in advance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 out of the past 5 games on online seasons i've had an invisible balls :mad:
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to laugh at a guy I was playing yesterday who gave me abuse down the mic for the entire game saying I was the worst player he's ever played against. This despite me beating him 4-1!
  • gazwagazwa Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I only play Ultimate team and now it is unplayable for me because it always crashes at the exact same place. I was playing a match, I won, then straight after the final whistle, It says I've lost connection (surprise surprise). It then took me back to the ultimate team menu and everytime I go to load it up, it just freezes and I have to turn off my ps3, and then do a check for errors, which takes about 10 minutes. I've deleted all game data, and re downloaded patches, etc, and still it happens.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting fed up of the glitches in this game. A new one I'm having is people quitting while I'm winning and I'm not getting the win. So annoying!
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've started playing Head To Head friendlies as the Seasons was frustrating me as it kept shafting me once I got to division 2. The friendlies are nowhere near as "fixed".

My favourite teams to play as are QPR and Celtic. Makes me laugh when I pick them and the other guy picks Barcelona or Real Madrid. I've lost track of the amount of times I've beaten 5 star teams with lesser teams and they quit and send you abuse saying you were lucky (even when I've completely hammered them). I always message back asking for a game with even sides and they never respond!
  • LackadaisicalLackadaisical Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Purchased FIFA 13 yesterday, and I smashed it in my first game. The guy was playing with Man City and I beat him 4-1 with Arsenal.

I haven't won a game since :( 1 draw and 6 losses. FML.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This crossing ultimate skill challenge is ****ing broken, 90% of the time when i'm doing a long cross for some ****ing bizarre reason the closer player will run to the top of the screen meaning that although i crossed to the far player i'm only getting 250 points its as if the game is actively trying to make sure i don't complete the challenge
  • STeelySTeely Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    am i the only one who struggles with tactical defending??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    STeely wrote: »
    am i the only one who struggles with tactical defending??

Did you not play FIFA 12?

General tip is to hold RB/R1 to put a man on the player with the ball. Then with the player you are controlling with the stick you want to mark someone you think is a likely pass. You will then either intercept or you will at least make the other player or CPU take a different route buying you that bit more time to get your players back.

If it's not the right time to mark an pass option then instead of that, send the player you are controlling to tackle holding A/X and timing a tackle with B/O.

I hope that's clear, it's hard explaining in text form.

The controls above are Xbox/PS3.

Other people may play differently but I think the above is the general idea.
    It is hard at first but stick with it, it feels so rewarding when you intercept them balls etc.
    I struggled at first, on FIFA 12 I almost relegated Arsenal haha!
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    3 out of the past 5 games on online seasons i've had an invisible balls :mad:

go into settings & choose a ball,don't leave it on default..works for me,for some reason the defalut ball does a disapearing act:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a match before against a friend where i put in a sliding tackle and won the ball fairly out of nowhere i got a red card, i spent a good few minutes raging about the decision and we decided to watch the tackle via instant replay

the replay showed me getting the ball and his player diving

now since i put in a clean tackle and there is no diving button, i guess that means two things

1, the game can in fact get decisions wrong

2, the game is somewhat scripted and decided to give me a red when it knew it wasn't one
  • sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Had a match before against a friend where i put in a sliding tackle and won the ball fairly out of nowhere i got a red card, i spent a good few minutes raging about the decision and we decided to watch the tackle via instant replay

the replay showed me getting the ball and his player diving

now since i put in a clean tackle and there is no diving button, i guess that means two things

1, the game can in fact get decisions wrong

2, the game is somewhat scripted and decided to give me a red when it knew it wasn't one
    It gives out incorrect penalty decisions too a few occasions the other team has been awarded a penalty despite my player doing nothing wrong and vice versa. There has to be scripting in it despite EA denying it.
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tbh Ive been on the wrong side of a few bad decisions where Ive given away penalties which werent and had players booked and sent off for nothing, I dont really mind that so much (as annoying as it is at the time) as that kind of thing happens in real football.

Its the games where I can tell 2 minutes in that Im not going to get anything from it as its so clearly in the other teams favour that annoy me, passes going constantly astray, players running like they are going through mud, strikers missing open nets etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    tbh Ive been on the wrong side of a few bad decisions where Ive given away penalties which werent and had players booked and sent off for nothing, I dont really mind that so much (as annoying as it is at the time) as that kind of thing happens in real football.

Its the games where I can tell 2 minutes in that Im not going to get anything from it as its so clearly in the other teams favour that annoy me, passes going constantly astray, players running like they are going through mud, strikers missing open nets etc

I wouldn't mind either if EA just admitted it can happen, i've had arguments with friends because i've been outplaying them and they get a peno or a get a red and that helps them win despite me doing nothing

And how can you argue against EA make the game and say isn't scripted, you'd look stupid to people who don't know the truth that it is scripted

I'm all for realism, hell i want a dive button, but they need to just admit the truth about what is in the game
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree but I don't think they ever will. They've lied far too much about it now, whatever remaining credibility they have would disappear if they admitted that scripting went on all along.

Its so obvious that it does though. Its infuriating.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish they'd sort the auctions out on UT. I've been waiting for ages to lend my friend Falcao, he finally manages to get on last night and the auctions are down. Plus I want to get hold of a few players.

Talking of Falcao, when I've played seasons, the past 3 games have all been agains athletic mardid, and all they do is get the ball to Falcao and take pot shots from any range with him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they'd sort the auctions out on UT. I've been waiting for ages to lend my friend Falcao, he finally manages to get on last night and the auctions are down. Plus I want to get hold of a few players.

Talking of Falcao, when I've played seasons, the past 3 games have all been agains athletic mardid, and all they do is get the ball to Falcao and take pot shots from any range with him.

Since i started getting the game yearly from FIFA 10 - now (previously i bought 2004 and 2007 as well as PES5)

Its become increasingly clear with each new game that there are at least two sets of players

1, Players that know football and how to play with the whole team

2, players whose sole football knowledge is sky sports news, so when they where player names like Falcao, Cavani, Messi, Ronaldo and they here they are the best players in the world they go a team with them knowing that the shots will be a little better
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell, I actually had three games in a row last night where I picked 3* teams and the other person also picked 3* teams. It's rare you get one, never mind three in a row. It's normally, I pick a 3/4* team and the other guy picks Real Madrid or Barcelona or another 5* team. You then get the ones who just can't bring themselves to match you and always have to pick half a star or more higher.
    Makes me laugh because if my opponent picks a lower star team than me I always change my choice and match them.