Options

YouView is a 'long way' from becoming mainstream states Freeview MD

1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
Forum Member
✭✭✭
"If you think of all the homes in the country, some and more advances and have a greater appetite for things like connected TV, YouView or thorugh an iPad. It's a large group but it's still a minority who are interested.

"But for the mass mainstream of viewers, I think [YouView] has a long way to come."

http://www.techradar.com/news/television/youview-is-a-long-way-from-becoming-mainstream-says-freeview-md-1132123

Accurate enough comments. The relationship between the two platforms is interesting as YouView is effectively the logical upgrade route from Freeview so where does Freeview go from here?

Comments

• Options
    tom558tom558 Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ''Howling is not discounting adding IP services''
    The main thing stopping me from getting YouView at the moment, is the lack of third party sevices,in addition to content from the main TV channels.

I would welcome those IP services 'now',any amount you like,its all about content,the more the better.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1andrew1 wrote: »
    Accurate enough comments. The relationship between the two platforms is interesting as YouView is effectively the logical upgrade route from Freeview so where does Freeview go from here?
    I would guess that, for the vast majority of Freeview-equipped homes (especially those who only upgraded as a direct result of DSO), they would be happy staying with that platform. So Freeview doesn't really need to go anywhere.