Prince Andrew Demands New Titles...

Comments

• Elvisfan4evaElvisfan4eva Posts: 15,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GusGus wrote: »
    Andrew has enjoyed the advantages of being the Queen' favourite, a situation which has the end in sight

That's what Andrew's worried about. Things have always been a bit strained between him and Charles apparently so he thinks that when their mother dies and Charles is King, especially with William's kids growing up, him and his daughters will be sidelined even more. I guess he's right. Bet Charles is behind The Queen refusing Andrew's demands.;-)
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brandy211 wrote: »
    This has came about again, as his daughter is now in a relationship.

I agree they don't need another title.
    All the Queen,s grandchildren have the HRH title, but that isn't passed down to their children.

Thy are much further away from the throne now, therefore they should,nt be treated the same as the future Kings/Queens.

BIB

Peter, Zara, Louise and James don't have HRH.

Louise has 'Lady' and James is 'Viscount' but Peter and Zara don't have any titles.

I think Mark Phillips was offered a title but declined?

Andrews girls already have 'Princess', I take it they don't have HRH :confused:
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually traditional for untitled men who marry into the royal family to become Earls. However, the last two men who did so (Princess Anne's husbands) refused it.

As for Beatrice and Eugenie. If they do public duties, then they should be paid for it. But I doubt they'd actually do that much, so an hourly rate would perhaps be suitable, with timesheets.
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    It's actually traditional for untitled men who marry into the royal family to become Earls. However, the last two men who did so (Princess Anne's husbands) refused it.

My understanding was that Anne didn't want titles for the children, so Mrs Tindall and Mr Phillips it is. And didn't her son work for RBS? Although I concede that you're unlikely to find him behind the counter at a local branch any time soon.

If only Air Miles Andy and his offspring were half as unassuming as them, us republicans wouldn't be half so in favour of abolishing the monarchy as soon as Brenda drops off her perch.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently The Queen has refused Andrew's demands anyway and Andrew's furious.

Perhaps he should have gone and sat on a Santa's knee and asked for it properly :D
  • Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Perhaps he should have gone and sat on a Santa's knee and asked for it properly :D

And then cry when he's asked to put on weight as he looks a bit skinny :D:D
  • Rekekah_CarterRekekah_Carter Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Apparently The Queen has refused Andrew's demands anyway and Andrew's furious.

I do hope so. Good for Queenie.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funk You wrote: »
    And then cry when he's asked to put on weight as he looks a bit skinny :D:D

Haha! :D
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brandy211 wrote: »
    Same here.

Maybe Fergie & the kids are putting pressure on Andrew...:D
    Hes got a bloody cheek , he does the least out of the Royal family, and now wants more in return...
  • Brandy211Brandy211 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    BIB

Peter, Zara, Louise and James don't have HRH.

Louise has 'Lady' and James is 'Viscount' but Peter and Zara don't have any titles.

I think Mark Phillips was offered a title but declined?

Andrews girls already have 'Princess', I take it they don't have HRH :confused:

I think you will find HRH is title given to Prince/Princesses. :)

Great grandchildren of the Queen wont be Princes or Princesses. Except Williams children, I think, as they will be heir to the throne.

HRH is given as a prefix to Princes and Princesses. The daughters of the sovereign or the wife of a British Prince. (wiki)
    Fergie and Diana were given the title upon marriage to the Princes, but were stripped of the title after divorce.
  • miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous. Beatrice and Eugenie are a laughing stock of the Royal family - and who can blame people for laughing at them? They both take after their parents, freeloading party lifestyle.

The Queen should stick to her guns and refuse. And when Charles is King, you know he'll refuse. :)
  • Brandy211Brandy211 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous. Beatrice and Eugenie are a laughing stock of the Royal family - and who can blame people for laughing at them? They both take after their parents, freeloading party lifestyle.

The Queen should stick to her guns and refuse. And when Charles is King, you know he'll refuse. :)

Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice are the only grandchildren of the Queen to use the titles.

Unlike Andrew, Princess Annes children take on the title of their father.

They are about 7th & 8th in line now...Too far to be the next Queen. Their children should take their fathers title/name & they will be even further away from the throne than their parents. So I agree the Queen should refuse.

Their mother has also been a freeloader. She lived rent free in Andrews home, paid for by the Crown until just a few years ago. In fact she still has accommodation there. She also accepted a down payment of £40,000 after charging 500,000 to fix up meeting Prince Andrew which was filmed by the News of The World.
    www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Duchess_of_York
  • confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when the Queen kicks the bucket we should dispense of the whole lot of them, then they can call themselves what they want and squabble about who lives where.
    they must piss themselves laughing every morning when they wake up and remember that his country is still buying into that outdated family of freaks.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mind you, I feel sorry for Andrew. he has to sit in the golf club house (after being taken there by helicopter at our expense) looking at the thousands of postcards his daughters send him when on their continual holidays......................

Lazy b**tards Andrew and all his family. Go get a job and stop bleeding the system.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pompous ass.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew already has a title. But, you can repeat it in polite society.....
  • Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought that said New Titties upon first inspection... I'll see myself out.
  • GusGusGusGus Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Prince Andrew denies rift with Prince Charles over Royal titles "

http://news.sky.com/story/prince-andrew-denies-split-with-prince-charles-10689698

I guess Mummy and Phillip have stamped their feet
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Charles more when he denied his brother this. Andrew is coming across as quite arrogant by trying a second time to ask/demand that his daughters be given Royal titles like Harry and William have. Anne's children don't have any, neither do Edward's, yet Andrew thinks that his children should have them. I hope Charles denies Andrew this again.
  • dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And we jail benefit scroungers yet this bunch of shites get fawned all over
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member
    His daughters seem like nice girls, but they should just get a job like the rest of us have to.
  • ShalamaraShalamara Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a royalist I would have to say they are two useless, ugly lumps, , spending their lives taking endless holidays - they take after their horrible parents. Who would want to marry them? Seriously? I hope Charles tells them to eff off
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shalamara wrote: »
    As a royalist I would have to say they are two useless, ugly lumps, , spending their lives taking endless holidays - they take after their horrible parents. Who would want to marry them? Seriously? I hope Charles tells them to eff off

Ugly lumps? Eugenie's a beautiful looking lass and Beatrice looks nice as well.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    It is worth remembering that for 22 years this Andrew chap and his progeny where just one death away from being next in line*. I doubt the Monarchy would have survived that.

*According to my quick calculations but I am happy to be corrected.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    Shalamara wrote: »

As a non Royalist I think that is a bit harsh; these people are just who they are by accident of birth there is no reason to expect them to be any more talented or virtuous or attractive than anyone else. I would not rate them as prospective Heads of State but with monarchy you get whatever is next in line. If you are a royalist that is the deal.
    And nothing wrong with their looks anyway.